Found Deceased OK - Tommy Eastep, 30, Lake Eufaula, 7 July 2013

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by OkieGranny, Oct 7, 2013.

1. docwho3

docwho3 New Member

Ok here is another thought. If he had runaway: If I remember correctly cell phones are registered with both a sim card number and a serial number. So even if he changed sims the serial number of the phone would be on record along with the new sim so maybe LE can get the carrier to show them what that phone number and sim that serial number is now registered to. (I am not a legal person but I would think it might probably take a subpoena.)

2. Soulmagent

Soulmagent Well-Known Member

Why would a grown man run away an leave his truck ,yet risk keeping the same phone?

3. docwho3

docwho3 New Member

It happens. It seems likely that he was going to suicide but both runaway and suicides often leave things as they were in this case. I mentioned the phone idea just in case. Also even in the event of foul play but someone kept the phone the phone idea could be of benefit. You never want to leave any stone unturned.

4. PokeyMeansBusiness

PokeyMeansBusiness Member

There could be several reasons why he would run away.

1) He was just dismissed by his family. He had been through hard times in the last few years (separation from his wife, kids, ect) so maybe it was time to start fresh.

2) He could be running from the Oklahoma Meth business. The Oklahoma Meth business, like most illegal businesses, is a very unforgiving one. This, of course, this only applies IF he was involved.

3) He could have made a change in sexuality and was afraid of acceptance/rejection from his family and friends. This, of course, only applies IF he had changed his sexuality. Based on social media references, there is a possibility of a change in sexuality, but there is nothing at this time to confirm this.

Regardless, I do NOT think Tommy ran away. I personally think foul play is involved in this case. To echo SeriouslySearching, I think there is a connection to the area his truck was found and his disappearance. I think some sort of altercation occurred with someone in that area.

All of my statements, of course, are my own opinion and should not be considered fact.

5. docwho3

docwho3 New Member

I can not fault you for thinking that, given the connection you believe exists. Even if I did not know of that connection I would certainly want all possibilities considered. We never want to leave any stone unturned when looking at a missing person case.

The way the stuff was left in the truck makes it sound like suicide or runaway but that , by itself, does not rule out foul play. You may be right for all I know. . .especially with that connection you mentioned. Keep on sleuthing

6. Unsolved

Unsolved Well-Known Member

I know we can't bring text from Facebook over here, but are the images allowed? Because I have tried to lighten up the background of that photo to help see who is taking the picture in the refection, and will post it if we can. It's still hard to see, but it might help.

OK, now just thinking out loud here. I hope this is not what happened, but I've been wondering if maybe when he went to the hospital for "dehydration" on July 6 or 7 he was in worse shape than whoever was "helping" him could deal with. Maybe he actually passed away and that person's mindset was that they had to get rid of his body, and then also his truck.

And maybe that's why nothing was missing from the truck - because they weren't interested in robbing him, just covering everything up so they weren't connected?

Oh I feel so sorry for the family, because you know it has to hurt thinking back about turning him away - and then he disappears. Ugh.

(Side note - I haven't looked at the Missing Forum discussions a whole lot, but does anyone else here get a thrill when you look down through the names and see "Found Safe"? I say a little Hallelujah(!) each time :loveyou:)

7. Dallen

Dallen Member

Can you give us an idea where to find this?

8. docwho3

docwho3 New Member

I don't think I can link to another forum, especially as used for evidence in a case discussion.
    Last time I heard, that was against the rules.

I have taken a step to help you find the info. I hope it helps.

9. Soulmagent

Soulmagent Well-Known Member

What if it just isn't officers?

What if the axe to grind is handed off by someone who needed it ground?
    What if those family members know the battle will never win the war because the war isn't about the axe ,as that is merely a tool.

How would one get the word out there ,if they KNEW the corruption went way (way) above the enforc-officer?

What are the major differences you see in this case and the Jamison case?

I might be blinded by a lack of direction in either ,I will however acknowledge the hints of meth addiction in both cases , White four door trucks ,
    and same geographical location.

How far away are the the rental car companies from that hotel?(just curious).

How many of the counties currently involved have histories with corruption?
    Where did they get degree's how many went to the same university? Are their connections way above the locations people have searched?

10. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Forum Coordinators

11. PokeyMeansBusiness

PokeyMeansBusiness Member

12. OkieGranny

Per Tommy's missing page, the OSBI contacted Texas Equusearch on Wednesday after everything had been finalized and cancelled the search due to turkey season.

Needless to say, the Easteps are not happy with the situation.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPersonTommyRaymondEastep

13. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Well-Known Member

I am sure everyone is disappointed, but they should note people hunting turkeys will be out there. I think it would be important to concentrate on the stations where hunting licenses are sold in the area and the game wardens. Let them know to inform hunters as they come across them in the fields to look for things.

I understand why TES would not want to put people out in the fields. The risk is too great and...No....they do not call off hunting season of any kind for any reason in OK unless legally required to my knowledge.

TURKEY: Check regulations pertaining to individual counties.

Fall 2013 Season:

Archery: Oct. 1- Jan 15

Gun: Nov. 2-22 (Only in open counties)

Spring 2014 Season:

April 6 - May 6, 2014 Statewide except in the southeast region

April 21-May 6, 2014 South East region only

Spring 2014 Youth Turkey Season:

March 29-30; Statewide except in the southeast region

April 19-20; Southeast Region only

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hunting/seasons.htm

Game Warden Directory:

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/laws_regs/lawstatemap.htm

14. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Well-Known Member

Anything going on here?

15. QueenBea13

QueenBea13 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here is a flyer I saw posted. Hopefully this gets all involved the attention they deserve.

16. Spiritecho

Spiritecho Well-Known Member

I know the faces of two of the them but not the others...look at them! They(the 4 men) all look very similar

17. QueenBea13

Yes they have a lot of the same features. Which ones do you recognize?

18. Spiritecho

Spiritecho Well-Known Member

all now

1st one is Brandon Lawson South of Bronte/San Angelo, Tx 8-8-13
    2nd one is Brandon Nichols Carter Co, OK 4-3-14
    3rd one is Tommy Eastep Lake Eufaula, OK 7-7-13
    4th IDK is it Colton Haynes? 7-7-13
    5th is Molly Miller Wilson, OK 7-7-13

19. QueenBea13

I believe you are correct, I'm not familiar other the Colt Haynes/Molly Miller cases as much as I am with Brandon Lawson & Tommy Eastep.
    Not sure why they would include a mp from TX in in an OK awareness ceremony though.

20. OkieGranny

The guy who organized the event is the BlogTalk Radio host who interviewed family members of all the above except for Brandon Nichols.