Found Deceased OK - Tommy Eastep, 30, Lake Eufaula, 7 July 2013

I haven't seen anything on local news outlets. I've seen one flier a year or so ago, but don't even recall where that was.
I don't know who is advising his family, but they need someone to take the bull by the horns and help them. Letting Tommy's case just fade into the sunset without fighting for media attention and getting his story out to where it counts is wrong. I simply do not understand. I have never seen a case where they concentrated everything in the wrong area (not where his truck was found and obviously the point to start searching) and where they don't want attention drawn to him being missing. It is so strange.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/stat...cle_1cfaee26-1a54-51de-8026-faa996e47203.html

I have not consulted a map to get a look at the distance between where his truck was found and Bristow yet. But after looking at missing adults in Oklahoma over the last 10 years, none of them are so far-flung that Bristow seems completely out of the question as a burial spot.
Her name was Kimberly Davis and she was murdered by her boyfriend's son, Jimmy Moser. He has confessed to the murder.

http://www.newson6.com/story/28556834/man-charged-with-murder-in-creek-county-case

A new billboard has been posted to help bring awareness to his disappearance. I hope this will help bring Tommy Home. The following link is a facebook message explaining Tommy's disappearance and information on the new Billboard. The new Billboard will be located on Highway 69 about 1/2 mile North of highway 9.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPersonTommyRaymondEastep/posts/617986791670181

The article does mention that Tommy left from his Blanchard home to Lake Eufaula. If that is true, that trumps my theory of him going straight from Dallas (via Davis, OK as seen in fb photos) to Eufaula. Regardless, it is not that much of a roadtrip delay. Hopefully a new break will come in the case soon. I also hope that another search is organized soon. I guess we will see.

Blanchard Family Launches New Effort To Find Missing Man
Apr 04, 2015 4:53 PM CDT

A Blanchard family continued their desperate search for answers in the disappearance of their loved one. The family has a new strategy for finding their brother, son and father who has been missing for two years.

At times life seems to flash by, but for one second let time stand still and think, ‘What have you done every single day for the last 636 days?'

That question might be hard to answer, unless you're Carla Eastep and her family,

"I never dreamed our family would be in this situation," said Carla Eastep, mom of son who's been missing for nearly two years,

They can tell you what they've done each day since July 6, 2013.

Anything is possible, but Wellston is about an hour from where the truck was found.

http://m.fox23.com/news/news/local/...la-man/nmqPL/?ecmp=kokitv_social_facebook_sfp

Who am I? I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind which encourages you to be who you choose to be as long as you are truthful to yourself. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that encourages you to reach higher. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that makes you understand that you are a survivor...that you are important...that you matter.

Thank you, shandra, for the update. That vigil is this

Saturday
at
6 pm,
in
Posey Park,
in
Eufala,
on the
4th of July,
for
Tommy's Return

Two years now, and his Dad conducted his own exhaustive search too.

:grouphug:

Hoping for a break and news of Tommy, soon.

Is it a big park?

Family to pray for return of missing Eufaula man
By Shae Rozzi, FOX23, 7:45 pm cdt, Wed, July 1, '15

speaks with Tommy's mom, who says,

[...]

“I hope through this someone will come forward with some kind of information,”... “We just want to know, good or bad, what happened to Tommy.”

"The family will be holding a candlelight prayer vigil Saturday at 6 p.m. at Posey Park in Eufaula for Eastep's return."

Tommy Eastep.jpg

Thank you, shandra, for the update. That vigil is this

Saturday
at
6 pm,
in
Posey Park,
in
Eufala,
on the
4th of July,
for
Tommy's Return

Is it a big park?

Family to pray for return of missing Eufaula man
By Shae Rozzi, FOX23, 7:45 pm cdt, Wed, July 1, '15

speaks with Tommy's mom, who says,

[...]

“I hope through this someone will come forward with some kind of information,”... “We just want to know, good or bad, what happened to Tommy.”

"The family will be holding a candlelight prayer vigil Saturday at 6 p.m. at Posey Park in Eufaula for Eastep's return."

View attachment 77484
From my memory posey park is in the town of eufaula, almost as soon as you get there (the way I go to eufaula) I think this is where the skateboarding park is. uploadfromtaptalk1435875483382.jpg

Who am I? I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind which encourages you to be who you choose to be as long as you are truthful to yourself. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that encourages you to reach higher. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that makes you understand that you are a survivor...that you are important...that you matter.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435944640.271906.jpg posey park, eufaula ok

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

Blanchard Family Still Desperate To Find Missing Son

HUGHES COUNTY, Oklahoma - This month marks the two year anniversary of a Blanchard family's desperate search to find their missing son.

Since his disappearance, they find themselves going back to the only place that gives them hope.

Deep in the backwoods of Hughes County, far from any highway. A place untouched by man, besides one, Tom Eastep.

http://www.news9.com/story/29654305/blanchard-family-still-desperate-to-find-missing-son

When I saw this today, my first thought was of Tommy Eastep. It is right off Interstate 40 and is another route to Eufaula Lake (a few minutes faster than Highway 9).

Police Investigating After Possible Human Remains Discovered in SE OKC

OKLAHOMA CITY - Police are investigating after possible human remains were found in southeast Oklahoma City, Tuesday morning.
Oklahoma City police officers responded to the scene at Peebly Road, just south of Interstate 40. The investigation started following a tip police received on Tuesday morning.

http://www.news9.com/story/29653254...r-possible-human-remains-discovered-in-se-okc

Blanchard Family Still Desperate To Find Missing Son

HUGHES COUNTY, Oklahoma - This month marks the two year anniversary of a Blanchard family's desperate search to find their missing son.

Since his disappearance, they find themselves going back to the only place that gives them hope.

Deep in the backwoods of Hughes County, far from any highway. A place untouched by man, besides one, Tom Eastep.

http://www.news9.com/story/29654305/blanchard-family-still-desperate-to-find-missing-son

Well, looks like there is more information for sleuthers. Tommy and family stayed at the Best Western in Eufaula.

The story also suggests that the last time they saw Tommy was July 4th.

1) Tommy and family stayed at the Best Western in Eufaula.

2) After a day on the lake (July 6th), Tommy and his family came back to the hotel. Tommy and his truck were gone the next day.

3) The lead OSBI investigator believes Tommy's drugs overcame him and he may have ran paranoid into the woods.

4) Cell phone records indicate that his phone was not used since the day he was last seen (probably July 6th).

Well, looks like there is more information for sleuthers. Tommy and family stayed at the Best Western in Eufaula.

The story also suggests that the last time they saw Tommy was July 4th.

1) Tommy and family stayed at the Best Western in Eufaula.

2) After a day on the lake (July 6th), Tommy and his family came back to the hotel. Tommy and his truck were gone the next day.

3) The lead OSBI investigator believes Tommy's drugs overcame him and he may have ran paranoid into the woods.

4) Cell phone records indicate that his phone was not used since the day he was last seen (probably July 6th).
I believe we had all that info except the carp about the OSBI investigator's "thoughts" about Tommy (which I believe is total bunk!) and the cell phone not having been used being confirmed.

There were no signs of a struggle or other fingerprints besides Tommy Eastep's in the pickup.

Rosser thinks Tommy Eastep's periodic drug use overcame him.

"He could have been paranoid and ran, literally ran into the woods," Rosser said. "Not being familiar out there. His family had no reason to believe he'd been out there before."

Tom Eastep knows that is just not his son.

"There's no way he could have found this," Tom Eastep said. "Somebody either brought him down here or brought this vehicle here trying to hide it."

I think there is a good reason why there are no other prints in his truck because someone was smart enough to probably wear gloves or wipe it down. There was no sign of struggle because I think Tommy was probably outside the vehicle when he came into contact with his killer. I agree with Dad. Someone else put the truck there to hide it and possibly to also protect it from theft (think about that one for a few).

Now here is where I totally disagree with the family...they claim he has no reason to be familiar with the area where his truck was found in any way. Wrong. His ex-wife is from the area and so are her family and friends. During the time they were married, I would bet they spent some time at her relatives' homes or even at the nearby lake for celebrations. Speaking of the lake...you can take the backroad from the lake directly to where the truck was left. (I have always wanted searchers to go this route to look for Tommy.)

My theory is Tommy possibly headed to the area to see his ex and his kids because he felt totally shunned by his family. He didn't have to go far out of his way. They had not been apart very long, IIRC. Tommy was probably feeling low and very vulnerable. Maybe he wanted some reassurance someone still loved him (his kids). My guess is that request would have gone over like a lead balloon and it turned ugly.

I like the way you think, SS. That would explain the location.

I wonder why the family would say Tommy had no reason to be familiar with that area?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back