OK OK - Tony Day, 46, Jones, 3 Dec 2009

I'm still curious if maybe he was meeting someone. He stopped for a bit at an intersection which maybe he was waiting for someone to follow him so he could dump the truck? I hope someone saw something and comes forward with information, for the sake of the kids and his wife at the least.

Mist, do you know how far this is from the other Oklahoman missing/murdered cases that we are following here at WS? (Joe Neff, Jodie Rilee-Wilson, Bobby and Sheree Jamison, Gary Arrington, etc.)

Mist, do you know how far this is from the other Oklahoman missing/murdered cases that we are following here at WS? (Joe Neff, Jodie Rilee-Wilson, Bobby and Sheree Jamison, Gary Arrington, etc.)

Cleo - I found this link to a map that Roselvr did in the Joe Neff thread -- it's in this post here...she noted several towns for OK missing/murdered persons

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Joe Neff (my dad) unsolved murder 14 May 2009 -no leads

Jones OK is in OK City metro area - so would be fairly close to these other cases.

To paraphrase another poster in the missing Jamison family thread, there doesn't seem to be much action in OK on missing/murdered persons cases.

:(

What happened to Tony Day???

Another day with no news updates out of Oklahoma for this missing man. <sigh>

This is whom I believe he worked for, from what I can gather:

Kimray Inc Not Rated | Write a Review

52 NW 42nd Street,
Oklahoma City, OK 73118

http://www.kimray.com

Products & Services

•Controls
•Kimray Sales & Service
•Regulators
•Thermostats
•Valves
Description

Kimray Inc in Oklahoma City, OK serves customers in Oklahoma City, OK. We offer services in Oil Field Equipment & Supplies. We specialize in Oil Field Equipment & Supplies in Oklahoma City, OK. Valves-Regulars-Controls
Less

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Oklaho...LIK&PGID=yp421.8081.1260372456802.38312377273

Unfourtanetly OK is not known for putting out a lot of info on their missing persons case's (shakes head), we have seen this in numerous case's here on WS.

This case bother's me alot, given the fact he disappeared one day before a child custody hearing that has been bitter does not sit right with me at all.

It hit's home with me as I had a bitter custody battle with my ex for 8 years, and for years I was always looking over my shoulder wondering when I might disappear and I still worry and he has been out of my life for well over a year now...It is a long story.

Getting back to this case, according to what information we have it does not sound like this man just walked away from his family, he had alot going on in his life.
He never made it to work.
His truck was found outside of his normal route ?
GPS show's the truck was parked at the field around 6 am Dec 3.
Wife saw him at 5:30 am leaving for work.
The infamous "text" message.."We need to talk" feels hinky to me and I wish we knew what time that text was sent...it seems to me that it was sent to set a precedent like he was upset and maybe he may have just split ?

I wonder if that was "normal" for him to send a text like that ? Sounds more like something a woman would send not a man...

So far the only thing I have been able to find on him as far as a record is from 1991:

Count as Filed: , UTTERING TWO OR MORE BOGUS CHECKS IN THE AMOUNT OF 50.00 OR MORE , in violation of 21 O.S. 1541.3
Date Of Offense: 04/20/1990.
This was dissmissed in 1991 with costs.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oc...pe=caseGeneral&casemasterID=24098&db=Oklahoma

ETA: I am pretty sure this is him but not totally sure...

So far the only thing I have been able to find on him as far as a record is from 1991:

Count as Filed: , UTTERING TWO OR MORE BOGUS CHECKS IN THE AMOUNT OF 50.00 OR MORE , in violation of 21 O.S. 1541.3
Date Of Offense: 04/20/1990.
This was dissmissed in 1991 with costs.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oc...pe=caseGeneral&casemasterID=24098&db=Oklahoma

ETA: I am pretty sure this is him but not totally sure...
--
Well, that is interesting, but
did you find anything on the child custody case?
I looked, but did not see anything.
Unsure if we can post that, though, as
is it relevant to him being missing?

So I seem to be finding out quite a bit from court records I am coming across, but I have to make sure this is the Tony Day here for this thread before I post the information.
Right now I have to go into town, when I get a chance later I will do more research and post...Interesting to say the least...

I'm still curious if maybe he was meeting someone. He stopped for a bit at an intersection which maybe he was waiting for someone to follow him so he could dump the truck? I hope someone saw something and comes forward with information, for the sake of the kids and his wife at the least.

I would be more concerned to think that something happened at that intersection. Like a car jacking. I hope not. Just a thought if there was a longer pause and someone hopped into his vehicle...made him give them money or something...have him drop the truck off and held a gun to make him go with whoever may have been in a vehicle behind him? Are there any camera's or locations along that pathway that perhaps they can obtain video footage to see if he was alone in the truck? Does anybody know? This is exactly why I am 100% for camera's on city streets, and places. A lot of people say it's an invasion of privacy...well, personally...in this day and age...it is more for protective measures. Maybe crimes would slow down when people know they are going to get caught on tape. I pray Tony will be found safely.

What time was the text message "I need to talk to you" and where was his location at that text message time? Does anybody know? OR was this written above and I missed it? Why would someone text "I need to talk to you"...as opposed to calling on the phone and just talking? 46 is not exactly the "text messaging age group"...if you know what I mean.

What time was the text message "I need to talk to you" and where was his location at that text message time? Does anybody know? OR was this written above and I missed it? Why would someone text "I need to talk to you"...as opposed to calling on the phone and just talking? 46 is not exactly the "text messaging age group"...if you know what I mean.

My boss is 47 and she texts nonstop, So i wouldn't blanket rule it. Here is a statistic from 2008.

Age statistics of People who Text Message:

1. 19% are ages 18-24

2. 24% are ages 25-34

3. 22% are ages 35-54

4. 19% are ages 45-54

Median age: 38

(http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1134713/fun_facts_about_text_messaging_.html?cat=9)

OSBI Joins Search For Missing Man
Tony Day Missing Since Last Week

POSTED: 10:30 pm CST December 9, 2009
UPDATED: 10:43 pm CST December 9, 2009

JONES, Okla. -- The search for a missing man has grown into a statewide investigation.

Tony Day, 46, hasn't been seen since last Thursday and officers found his truck abandoned in Jones.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is now stepping in to help with the search, as Day's family has passed out more than 300 fliers.

"(I'm) struggling. It is tough," said Brenda Day. "I can't sleep."

She said she has been going through pictures of her wedding, one of the happiest days of her life. She said not knowing what has happened to her husband for the past week has been one of the worst experiences she's ever had.

"Every time I close my eyes, I see his face. It's hard to eat, but I have to keep on going because I have three children here that rely on me," Brenda Day said.

Jones police said they were able to find out that Tony Day stopped at the corner of Britton and Harrah roads for four minutes on Thursday morning. His truck was found in a field about 12 hours later.

"It is very hard, very hard," Brenda Day. "I miss him."

Jones police said they're investigating the disappearance as a missing person's case but haven't ruled out foul play.

Brenda Day said her husband would never just leave. He was supposed to be in court on Friday for a custody heating about his youngest daughter from another relationship and she said he would never miss that.

She said she saw the girl's mother on Friday, but authorities have not been able to talk to her. The custody case has been postponed until January

http://www.koco.com/news/21915932/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back