GUILTY OK - Two dead, 6 hospitalized after taking 2C-E, Seminole County, 7 May 2011

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by wfgodot, May 7, 2011.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

One dead, seven hospitalized after ingesting unknown substance
    more at newsok.com link above

2. Loading...

3. Quiche

Quiche New Member

How frightening! There's so much junk out there, who the heck knows one thing from another. Crazy to risk that, imo. Hope these folks pull through. :(

4. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

an update, this from KOCO:

2C-E Overdoses Kill 1, Sickens 7
    Investigators Arrest 1 Man On Suspicion Of Murder
    more at link above

5. Quiche

Quiche New Member

6. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Apparently, this is only the second U.S. death reported due to abuse of 2C-E. The first was in March, in Minnesota. Here's the Star Tribune's simplified version of the drug:

What is 2C-E?

7. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Name of Ada victim in apparent drug overdose released (newsok.com)

more at link

Requiescat in pace, Anastasia.

8. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

sigh, it is such a scary world out there. I know some will take this the wrong way, but I will feel so blessed if all my younguns experiment with when they are older is pot.

9. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

10. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Ada man arraigned Monday in Seminole County drug death (Daily Oklahoman)

Much more at Daily Oklahoman link above, including conditions of the survivors.

There's a Facebook page which has an account of "what went wrong" by someone who was at the party if one looks around for it. Sort of ghoulish to read it though.

11. Babyslims

Babyslims New Member

12. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

There's a good chance I'll get blasted for this but give those kids Darwin Awards. Taking a drug you barely know about from someone who barely knows how to prepare it is so dumb that the gene pool is better off without them. JMO

13. JenniferTx

JenniferTx www.tristatrace.wordpress .com

Sometimes I think people want to take stuff "to say" that they took it. They don't really care what it is as long as they can get high off it. Crazy if you ask me.

14. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Second person dies after Oklahoma designer drug party
    more at newsok.com link above

15. legalmania

legalmania Verified Paralegal

Young people will always experiment. From going fast in a vehicle to trying some chemical. They trust their friends more than common sense. I was always taught to think of the outcome first. IMO It really helped me to make more rational decisions.

16. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

Having made some pretty stupid decisions during my rebellious teen years, I can only be extremely thankful that the crowd I was in was not so wordly as to be experimenting with anything beyond alcohol and pot.

I got into enough trouble (not with LE but with parents) just playing with those things. It is a much scarier world today. Drug use seems so much more prevalent in middle America and with young people now. That coupled with the plethora of drugs to choose from, just wow.

17. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

As senseless and tragic as the deaths of the two young people is the increased demand for 2C-E that will likely occur in the aftermath.

18. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

Where there's a will, there's a way. Two of our sons (diagnosed with developmental disabilities) mixed several bathroom cleaners and Windex once. We couldn't figure out why they seemed so dopey on a Saturday afternoon. They were only 11 and 12. Sad to say that they are our most "without a clue" sons. They ended up in the hospital and were deathly sick for about three days. To this day, I'm shocked at what they tried--caught me totally by surprise. At the time, we happened to know a "cool" young college student who was studying chemistry. He'd also worked with them in Special Ed. We had him come over and scare the pea-turkey out of them. Maybe it worked as they still talk about how sick they were and the very worst I've heard since is alcohol and pot use. Pot is so easy to obtain in Southern Oregon, and far cheaper than alcohol, that I'm willing to overlook it.

I agree, there's a "let's see what this does" attitude and the magical thinking mindset of "it won't be me who gets hurt". Scares me to death.

I fully understand about the Darwin Awards and I've laughed at many of them as I have some risk takers on my hands (both ones with DD and ones who are tremendously bright--far too bright for their own good). Believe it or not, I even handed out copies of that book a few years ago as cautionary tales. When the man recently flew over the Grand Canyon with a jet pack, I had to check on the where-abouts of two sons. But no one deserves to die from a horrid miscalculation. I'm sure they thought they'd get high--not die. I don't see it as any different than binge drinking. Stupid as all get out and popular as can be.

Their families must be hurting greatly and my heart goes out to them. There but by the grace of God.......

19. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Survivors talk about Konawa party that killed 2 friends
    the rest, plus video, at newsok.com link above

20. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From August 2012:

http://newsok.com/article/3700541