Okla. governor approves executing molesters

I assume that the law would only be actually applied in the most extreme cases, such as a violent rape by a stranger. I doubt that anyone would be sentenced to death in non violent cases, no matter how many victims there were or how many times the perp reoffended. Reoffence is more likely to be a lengthy jail sentence.

The law would encourage perps to kill their victims under these circumstances since it would reduce the risk of getting caught, and since the penalty would be the same.

I guess the question for parents is this, which would you prefer if your child was raped, get them back alive or get them back dead? Because that is the scenario that is being set up.

Laws like this are challeged so much by the bleeding heart anti-dp crowd, its seems futile to try to pass them. Didn't Georgia have one thrown out recently?
What they ought to do, IMO, is have mandatory sentencing laws for these crimes. Child rape, first offence,= LWOP.
We have mandaory sentencing for drug and gun crimes, why not for child predators? Who would you rather have as a neighbor, a former crack dealer, or a former child rapist?
The former crack dealer MIGHT have learned the error of his ways in prison.
JMO

People who violently rape a child generally get sent to prison for a vey long time, so that isn't an argument.

We have that law on our books in Louisiana but the supreme court won't let us carry out the executions.

Laws like this are challeged so much by the bleeding heart anti-dp crowd, its seems futile to try to pass them. Didn't Georgia have one thrown out recently?
What they ought to do, IMO, is have mandatory sentencing laws for these crimes. Child rape, first offence,= LWOP.
We have mandaory sentencing for drug and gun crimes, why not for child predators? Who would you rather have as a neighbor, a former crack dealer, or a former child rapist?
The former crack dealer MIGHT have learned the error of his ways in prison.
JMO

I would like to see LWOP for all acts of violence, not just rape. Hit your spouse, game over. Get into a bar brawl, game over. Road rage, game over. Threaten someone, game over. Not interested in excuses.

Criminals should only be allowed out of prison or some sort of controlled environment if their offences are statutory in nature.

We need to have a zero tolerance policy towards any of that.

IMO, these creeps do not deserve LWOP because we the people have to feed, house, clothe and give medical care forever with this economy...........bring back hanging.
Seriously a rope is cheaper. JMOO

Also, say a predator commits his crime at 20 years of age, and recieves a 30 year sentence. Why wouldn't he be dangerous at 50 years old? John Couey was in his late 40's when her killed Jessica Lundsford, and I think Alfonso Rodriguez, who killed Dru Sjodin, was 50.
So getting "sent to prison for a very long time", clearly is not good enough.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back