• Mistaken for a deer.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I don't know and can't even guess.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I don't want to know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
gosh, i want to say revenge of some kind.....it's possible they only wanted one of the girls dead, but had to shoot both .... (the shooter didn't want to leave a witness)....then again, maybe the girls made it to the bridge & saw something they shouldn't have, & like another poster mentioned, the girls were running back home, & the shooter caught up with them, made a U-turn, facing the girls, & shot them....the timing is what's confusing me...i tend to think they never made it to the bridge, or if they did, they immediately started running back home for some reason....but if that's the case, why not use the cell phone & call home, if something was wrong??.....

thrill kill?...maybe.....hmmm, i can't vote my opinion yet...

I voted revenge.
Like close enough, I too think someone wanted only one of the girls dead. My guess is that the killer felt he had to kill both of them because he couldn't take the chance of one of them talking. I definately think the girls knew the killer.

I say revenge (and even thrill involved) by a sociopath older kid possibly helped by a weaker minded follower of his.

If not this, then I think it was a psychotic person high or coming off drugs who was roaming around with weapons and just shot.

Or, someone, possibly the NA man waiting by his truck for someone to bring something stolen to him that he was buying, such as stolen car parts, gasoline, diesel, etc. Possibly even this older kid bringing it to him.

Sorry, but....."Mistaken for a deer??"

What does that mean?

I put silencing a possible witness. I believe they possible had stumbled on someone stealing anhydrous ammonia or someone actually cooking Meth.

I put silencing a possible witness. I believe they possible had stumbled on someone stealing anhydrous ammonia or someone actually cooking Meth.

Okay, re this meth cooking business. If someone is in the woods cooking meth I would assume this would be just someone cooking a small amount - not a huge meth lab.....

Questions to consider:
1) Would these young girls even know that is what that person was doing?
2) If someone were cooking meth and was noticed, why wouldn't they just pick up their paraphenalia and skeedaddle.
3) If someone were cooking meth out there, I would think it would be for their own consumption. I can't see users such as this having guns or automatic weapons in their possession. I could see if it was a big operation, but if these were one or two small time scum bag druggies just cooking up some meth for themselves, I highly doubt they would be armed. Heck, it's all these people can do to financially keep up with their habit - those guns would have been sold a long time ago to fund their habit.
3) WHY would someone be cooking meth close to an area that was heavily populated by kids as a place to hang?

Just some thoughts..........

To silence them. I do believe they were witness to criminal activity. Either molestation or other.

Gosh, I wish I could narrow it down to just one motive that I could be comfortable with but I have thought and thought about it and I really cant.

I do believe that it is a possibility of a thwarted abduction that went horribly bad when the girls stood firm and wouldn't get in his truck.

I also think it is possible that these murders were statements to make someone remain silent. I do not think though that it had anything to do with drugs. From what I have read these families had been there for several years so why now after so long? Peter Placker doesn't even have a criminal record. But I do think if Edward Gordon is the brother of Skyla that is more of a plausible theory to get him to shut up and not testify in the upcoming murder trial in July.

What I do not believe and have never believed is these murders had anything whatsoever to do with molestation. Not at the crime scene by the perp nor in the girls past history. I think both children were loved, cherished and protected by their families, not abused.

I do not discount that this may have been a thrill kill or killings done because of opportunity by a stranger lurking the back country roads that was up to no good. It has happened before where killers kill for no reason other than because they knew they could.

So my thoughts are really no clearer on somethings than when all this tragedy began.

Stealing it from where? Would these girls even know what that meant if they just saw someone loading up fertilizer?

From what we have read Taylor walked the road to the bridge and back. Would they be cooking meth right on that road with all the passerbys that went up and down that road frequently?

Stealing it from where? Would these girls even know what that meant if they just saw someone loading up fertilizer?

From what we have read Taylor walked the road to the bridge and back. Would they be cooking meth right on that road with all the passerbys that went up and down that road frequently?

I doubt that one - I believe there is more to it then some druggies cooking up some meth...............

Also, what kind of people carry automatic weapons???? You think an abductor out looking for a kid would carry an automatic weapon - I don't. And you think they said get in the car and the girls said "no" - and the abductors said "oh okay, then we will have to blow you away." They could have forced them into the vehicle by gunpoint or picked them up and just put them in their car.......

Okay, for me I'm ruling out abductor and meth user (not dealer) - USER!!!!

I doubt that one - I believe there is more to it then some druggies cooking up some meth...............

That just doesn't seem plausible to me but I respect everyone's opinion nor do I think it is some long delayed drug retaliation against this particular family. Now if it had happened to the immediate family of Joe Placker Sr or Joe Jr...I would give that more weight but it didn't.

Whomever this is he sure is remaining out of sight. No one seems to know him in that small town so he has to be a stranger there.

imo

Also, what kind of people carry automatic weapons???? You think an abductor out looking for a kid would carry an automatic weapon - I don't. And you think they said get in the car and the girls said "no" - and the abductors said "oh okay, then we will have to blow you away." They could have forced them into the vehicle by gunpoint or picked them up and just put them in their car.......

Okay, for me I'm ruling out abductor and meth user (not dealer) - USER!!!!

We really don't know what transpired. Maybe he had already tried to coax them into the truck when they were closer to the bridge and they simply ignored his advances and kept walking. We don't know how much that rejection may have angered him. He may have gone on ahead and waited for them at the spot they were killed and they had no time whatsoever to react to anything other than Skyla taking a few steps back before she was brought down too.

We also have no confirmation that the weapons were automatic..they could be semiautomatics and I don't think it is odd that he had these two weapons already in his truck. He very well could have had more than the two guns he used.

imo

lol - Looking at the votes, every option got atleast one vote. Talk about differences of opinion!

Maybe the guy had just killed someone whose body was in his car and the girls saw it or he thought they did. Maybe he went to this isolated area to dump a body. Just throwing ideas.

Maybe the guy had just killed someone whose body was in his car and the girls saw it or he thought they did. Maybe he went to this isolated area to dump a body. Just throwing ideas.

That is a good idea to throw out there and I think it has been mentioned before..... if that were the case, the girls had to have been high tailing it back to the house - why not call their grandpa on their cell phone?? Because they were just too scared and started running. Who the heck Knows, BUT I SURE WANT TO!!!!

THEY BETTER SOLVE THIS ONE!!!!

I'm still leaning toward an abduction gone bad. Perhaps they froze out of fear or simply refused to get in the truck.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back