'Old, fat, lazy' George Michael shuts fan chatroom

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by Casshew, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

British pop star George Michael has decided to close down a fans' chatroom on his official website after messages accused him of being old, overweight and lazy.

The 41-year-old, one of the most successful pop musicians of recent decades, said he had been upset to see the forum "packed full of negative comment".

Some visitors to the chatroom at had accused the musician of looking past his best, and of not sufficiently promoting his album, Patience, the first new work in eight years.

In a message to fans posted earlier this week, Michael, born Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou in London to Greek Cypriot parents, said he had had enough.

"I'm afraid that, having visited the forums on a regular basis over the past few months, simply to see how you guys thought the album/interviews/promotion were going, I have decided to close them down," the message read.

Michael said he found it "really sad to see the forums so packed full of negative comment, and that so many genuinely positive fans find themselves defending me (or themselves) constantly against attack".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200407/s1150133.htm

2. vicktor

vicktor New Member

Don't go away mad, just go away.

3. Yakwoman

Yakwoman 25 cents a look!

I second that! :clap:

4. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

If you have to go.. okay, but wake me up before you go go. :D

5. BirdieBoo

BirdieBoo New Member

Never gonna dance again, Guilty fat have got no Rythm.

6. Jeana (DP)

Jeana (DP) Former Member

Peanut, we have got to get you your own television show. You've got the best sense of humor!! :clap:

7. blueclouds

blueclouds Former member

Once again, you've hurt my stomach for a second morning in a row cuz I was laughing too much.

TY :dance: :blowkiss: