Olivia Newton-John has died at 73.

sds71

Reaction score
@Phil_Lewis_

Olivia Newton-John has died at 73 after a decades-long battle with breast cancer, according to a post from her Facebook page.

Attachments

• 44A7DEB9-AEA2-440E-AD70-62F97ACD1E93.jpeg
    44A7DEB9-AEA2-440E-AD70-62F97ACD1E93.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 16
@Phil_Lewis_

Olivia Newton-John has died at 73 after a decades-long battle with breast cancer, according to a post from her Facebook page.

Oh bless her heart, and her friends, family and loved ones.

Olivia Newton-John, a British Australian pop star who dominated the pop culture of an era, has died after repeated treatments for cancer, her family announced Monday. She was 73.

"Dame Olivia Newton-John ... passed away peacefully at her Ranch in Southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends," John Easterling, her husband, said in a statement on her official Facebook page. "We ask that everyone please respect the family’s privacy during this very difficult time."

"Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer. Her healing inspiration and pioneering experience with plant medicine continues with the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund, dedicated to researching plant medicine and cancer."...

Olivia Newton-John, a British Australian pop star who dominated the pop culture of an era, has died after repeated treatments for cancer, her family announced Monday. She was 73.

"Dame Olivia Newton-John ... passed away peacefully at her Ranch in Southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends," John Easterling, her husband, said in a statement on her official Facebook page. "We ask that everyone please respect the family’s privacy during this very difficult time."

"Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer. Her healing inspiration and pioneering experience with plant medicine continues with the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund, dedicated to researching plant medicine and cancer."...
I seem to recall her partner assisted with finding/cultivating a strain (s) that assisted with keeping her appetite up, mood up, and pain as minimal as at all possible with such a terrible painful illness especially after mets. I am so glad she had that as best she could. I will look for a link.

This is truly sad. It leaves what? Like three of the old time rock and roll divas left: Dionne Warwick, Diana Ross and Connie Francis. I suppose you could also include Cher and Barbra Streisand but they are (to me) actresses who sing rather than singers who (occasionally) act.

Still very sad about ONJ

This is truly sad. It leaves what? Like three of the old time rock and roll divas left: Dionne Warwick, Diana Ross and Connie Francis. I suppose you could also include Cher and Barbra Streisand but they are (to me) actresses who sing rather than singers who (occasionally) act.

Still very sad about ONJ
Joni Mitchell, Judy Collins, Carly Simon, Linda Ronstadt and Carole King off the top of my head.

Remembering that Olivia became a Dame - which is the equivalent of a knighthood and bestowed by the Queen.

Part of her treatment took place at the Melbourne [Aus] cancer research centre she had helped to fund in 2008, and the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund supports research into plant-based treatments for cancer. Her autobiography, Don’t Stop Believin’, was published in 2018, and two years later she was appointed a dame.

Jane Seymour and Olivia Newton-John had been friends for around 40 years.

On TODAY Tuesday, Seymour, 71, recalled one of the last times she saw Newton-John before the “Grease” star’s death.

“I knew she was really really ill for a very long time, as a lot of people did, and I have the privilege of seeing her not that long ago and talking to her,” Seymour said. “She was just an amazing person.”

“You know what brings tears to my eyes is that she always cared about other people. She’d always asked about me, she’d asked about my family about people we mutually knew who are going through cancer and she was just this positive light and an amazing, amazing person,” Seymour continued...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back