Omaha Double Murder #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter's probably think about this every day--us less often. Both they and the PD
probably know more than we do. If DNA evidence existed, samples would have been collected from MB in 2008 and he'd be in jail. It all fits--a pathologist who uses a scalpel
every day would know how not to cut himself when using a knife. Did he get so wrapped up in his anger that he wasn't totally rational? Why didn't he wear a disguise? You have to admit, the picture of the drawing of the olve skinned man looks a lot like MB. I don't mean to rush to judgement...I just want closure for both families and a feeling of safety for the residents of Dundee. Is he trying to help murders get away with it in Canada? Or is he just incompetent? To be able to get away with this crime,
the murderer had to think about his moves. Forensic pathologists spend their careers
thinking like criminals. It just seems to fit. "When a doctor goes bad"...Whoever did
this has a sick mind and a black heart and it's difficult to conceive of this person
functioning well in society.

On another vein, do you think Websleuths has ever looked into how many criminals log
on to their site? It seems it would be easy to check if, after the criminal is caught, to
check his or her computer's IP against the site.

I don't want to freak anyone out but I'd guess there is a good chance that the killer has been reading our posts all along. He's not stupid, whether or not he is MB, he is someone with a very savvy grip on things; he'd have to be to have pulled this off and gotten away with it so long. I'd bet he is someone with an interest in technical things and very familiar with the internet. It woudn't at all surprise me to learn that he has even posted in this discussion.
One thought- if this were MB could he have disguised himself, say by using skin bronzer prior to the crime? Anyone smart enojugh to have pulled this off would take that sort of precaution.

I don't want to freak anyone out but I'd guess there is a good chance that the killer has been reading our posts all along. He's not stupid, whether or not he is MB, he is someone with a very savvy grip on things; he'd have to be to have pulled this off and gotten away with it so long. I'd bet he is someone with an interest in technical things and very familiar with the internet. It woudn't at all surprise me to learn that he has even posted in this discussion.
One thought- if this were MB could he have disguised himself, say by using skin bronzer prior to the crime? Anyone smart enojugh to have pulled this off would take that sort of precaution.

BBM: That's exactly what I'd thought the other day when I posted that MB doesn't fit the description of the mysterious man. Hair dye and liquid tanner.

Obviously he, whoever it is, didn't plan on getting caught.

JMHO
fran

I've tried to get onto Calgary DMV sites, but it's not helpful. Any ideas how to find out
what kind of car MB drives? Wonder why thre's been nothing about extradition to the
US. They mustn't have anything solid...

Regardless of whether or not criminals follow these threads, I think the brainstorming is
good and in some small way, satisfies a desire to help. You have all pulled a lot of information from scant news and have helped me understand a little more about this
nightmare.

BBM: That's exactly what I'd thought the other day when I posted that MB doesn't fit the description of the mysterious man. Hair dye and liquid tanner.

one potential snafu with liquid tanner and hair dye is that his altered appearance might set off alarm bells for whomever answered the door at the Hunter household---if the Russian Doc was counting on his prior familiarity with the Hunter family to gain him entrance into the house that day.

also, one detail that maybe argues against the potentially-familiar-to-the-Hunter-family-and-with-their-household russian dr being the person neighbors spotted that day is that the individual in question seemed to be unfamiliar with where the Hunters actually lived--I believe he was spotted starting and stopping and seemed to be checking addresses.

Not to say it wasn't/couldn't have been the doctor, he may well have not been familiar with the Hunter's home. Tho having lived in Omaha and worked with the doctor for years, it seems more likely he at least had some familiarity with the Hunter household--especially if he's the russian family friend with a "weird" relationship to the Hunters.

Perhaps the Russian doc hired someone to do the actual murders.

w/r/t Dr Hunter's statements about the Russian doctor in the media and how he was a "solid resident"--I'd guess those statements are benign and repetitive for legal reasons having more to do with Dr Hunter's role at Creighton than anything else.

And if there is indeed a weird history between the russian doc and the Hunter family, all the more reason to say as little as necessary in the papers.

If as it seems to be reported that the russian Doctor was a suspect from the get-go (he apparently was in Omaha at the time of the murders) , I wonder if the police at least included his photo(s) in photo lineups (perhaps even actual lineups?) for the neighbors who saw the primary POI.

one potential snafu with liquid tanner and hair dye is that his altered appearance might set off alarm bells for whomever answered the door at the Hunter household---if the Russian Doc was counting on his prior familiarity with the Hunter family to gain him entrance into the house that day.

also, one detail that maybe argues against the potentially-familiar-to-the-Hunter-family-and-with-their-household russian dr being the person neighbors spotted that day is that the individual in question seemed to be unfamiliar with where the Hunters actually lived--I believe he was spotted starting and stopping and seemed to be checking addresses.

Not to say it wasn't/couldn't have been the doctor, he may well have not been familiar with the Hunter's home. Tho having lived in Omaha and worked with the doctor for years, it seems more likely he at least had some familiarity with the Hunter household--especially if he's the russian family friend with a "weird" relationship to the Hunters.

Perhaps the Russian doc hired someone to do the actual murders. w/r/t Dr Hunter's statements about the Russian doctor in the media and how he was a "solid resident"--I'd guess those statements are benign and repetitive for legal reasons having more to do with Dr Hunter's role at Creighton than anything else.

And if there is indeed a weird history between the russian doc and the Hunter family, all the more reason to say as little as necessary in the papers.

If as it seems to be reported that the russian Doctor was a suspect from the get-go (he apparently was in Omaha at the time of the murders) , I wonder if the police at least included his photo(s) in photo lineups (perhaps even actual lineups?) for the neighbors who saw the primary POI.

~ above respectfully BBM ~

This is what I am thinking at this point in time. IMO there is more than one person involved in this crime.

There is something that bothers me and I am just being honest here.

Dr. BH has stated in MSM news with certainty that MB could not have committed this crime. How well would a dept. director know a resident, who left the program in 2007, in order to base this opinion?

Dr. BH stated that his relationship with MB while at CU was 'cordial'. The word 'cordial' (to me) indicates detachment, distancing. It infers that the relationship was strictly professional, not personal.

Yet, his statements in news media in defense of MB sounds like he felt he knew him very well in a personal manner.

I am sorry and I mean no disrespect but I must ask these questions. Why does Dr. BH feel such courage of conviction that MB, a resident of CU who transferred out of his pathology program in 2007, would not do such a thing? Something about this just doesn't jive, IMO.

This is all Moo.

wm

What BH says to the media and what he actually thinks are probably two very different things. Hopefullly he has the benefit of good legal advice. Remember, the killer is
still out there and he has to protect his family. Which reminds me...When this case
is more active, even when it's not, I hope the police are watching the house.

Tommy could have met the killer outside of the home. Doctors and their families socialize. The killer could have been at the Hunter's once and just not been certain which house was theirs.

Hasn't been seen since by whom? His co-workers in the pathology department? The
Calgary police? The information in Dave Robert's report depends on the depth of his investigation. He tends to favor the sensational sometimes and may have gotten his
information from other reports.

Whether or not MB is on the lam is uncertain. If he has a family, it
is more difficult to flee.

Wonder if he fits the estimated height and weight...

also, one detail that maybe argues against the potentially-familiar-to-the-Hunter-family-and-with-their-household russian dr being the person neighbors spotted that day is that the individual in question seemed to be unfamiliar with where the Hunters actually lived--I believe he was spotted starting and stopping and seemed to be checking addresses. Not to say it wasn't/couldn't have been the doctor, he may well have not been familiar with the Hunter's home. Tho having lived in Omaha and worked with the doctor for years, it seems more likely he at least had some familiarity with the Hunter household--especially if he's the russian family friend with a "weird" relationship to the Hunters.

Perhaps the Russian doc hired someone to do the actual murders.

w/r/t Dr Hunter's statements about the Russian doctor in the media and how he was a "solid resident"--I'd guess those statements are benign and repetitive for legal reasons having more to do with Dr Hunter's role at Creighton than anything else.

If this killing was planned, is it possible that part of the killers disguise could be pretending to be unfamiliar with the neighborhood? Appearing to not quite be sure which house he was looking for in case someone spotted him?

What could be the ONE WORD in an autopsy report that would make the Medical Examiner's Office question MB and cause them to review 12 of the autopsies he performed, 11 of which were related to criminal cases?

It's not one word, I don't think. It's a series of words, I would think. It's an obvious mistake, or lack of thoroughness, or a mismatch between the description of the findings and the final impression.

It's probably standard that if they found one mistake that they review the
last few autopsies, especially in high stakes cases.

I'm gonna start a new thread here. This one is getting pretty long.

Salem

ETA: Please continue here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6105984#post6105984"]NA - Omaha Double Murder #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288