OMG - Steven Curtis Chapman's 5 year old daughter Maria killed in auto accident!

This is terrible. A cousin of mine experienced this same horror, with his child. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain. I will pray for them.

This is terrible. A cousin of mine experienced this same horror, with his child. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain. I will pray for them.

A cousin of mine did, too...:( Her husband was the one to back over their 2-year-old daughter.

Which is why I took issue with the way your post was written.

I went back and re-read Pedinurse's post and I didn't see anything that was a "take issue" red flag...she merely stated the "older son"....she meant older than Maria, I believe...not necessarily the oldest son in the family.

I went back and re-read Pedinurse's post and I didn't see anything that was a "take issue" red flag...she merely stated the "older son"....she meant older than Maria, I believe...not necessarily the oldest son in the family.
exactly... I still don't get what was "wrong" with my post or what I "did" wrong here. i think that maybe someone was trying to pick a fight?

How sad!! Prayers for the entire Chapman family. What a beautiful little girl, may Maria rest in peace.

I have been avoiding reading this story and finally read it this morning...Steven Curtis Chapman and his music have cradled me during some pretty tormented times in my life. So very, very sad....
he's got some really wonderful music. my husband and i played his "i will be there" during our wedding. i have to say that his music has really been some of my all time favorite - ever. that is why when i saw that article last night, i was just shocked!! his music has been a soundtrack to some of the biggest changes that have happened in our lives. my thoughts are with the family at this time... :(
every parents worst nightmare.

exactly... I still don't get what was "wrong" with my post or what I "did" wrong here. i think that maybe someone was trying to pick a fight?

Not picking a fight...you said "his older son"....we don't know that it was his older son, might have been his younger son.

My thoughts & prayers go out to the family!
Such a horrible tragedy.

Just reading about this tragic accident and can't imagine the sorrow in the family right now. It's bad enough to lose your baby girl, let alone having her accidentally killed by another sibling. My deepest thoughts and prayers to the family as they mourn the loss of little Maria and prayers to the son for healing.

I thought these pics were so precious on Steven's blog.

http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/blogs.htm

I found these pics in older sister Emily's blog. This one she took Shaoey, Stevey and Maria to a festival. I believe Maria is in the middle.

sisters.jpg

This one is too cute of Stevey and Maria hiding in the fridge. Maria's in back.

twolittlenuggets.jpg

Heaven's angel
photo_032.jpg

Not picking a fight...you said "his older son"....we don't know that it was his older son, might have been his younger son.

She meant, older than Maria...not the oldest son, per se...just that the boy was older than Maria...as I have said and Pedinurse has confirmed.

Sheesh. It was defnitely one boy or the other and it doesn't really matter which one it was, what does it change?? Maria is still gone and that boy, oldest son or youngest son, will have to live with what happened forever, and he was instantly forgiven, I'm sure, by his loving Christian parents.

Just reading about this tragic accident and can't imagine the sorrow in the family right now. It's bad enough to lose your baby girl, let alone having her accidentally killed by another sibling. My deepest thoughts and prayers to the family as they mourn the loss of little Maria and prayers to the son for healing.

I thought these pics were so precious on Steven's blog.

http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/blogs.htm

I found these pics in older sister Emily's blog. This one she took Shaoey, Stevey and Maria to a festival. I believe Maria is in the middle.
What beautiful little angels! I bet those are fond and happy memories for the sisters and I hope they can always remember them and take them with them.

She meant, older than Maria...not the oldest son, per se...just that the boy was older than Maria...as I have said and Pedinurse has confirmed.

Sheesh. It was defnitely one boy or the other and it doesn't really matter which one it was, what does it change?? Maria is still gone and that boy, oldest son or youngest son, will have to live with what happened forever, and he was instantly forgiven, I'm sure, by his loving Christian parents.
Exactly!! Don't read so much into stuff twinkiesmom...
In this case it isn't about the accident, its about the life that was lived and lost. These cases are so tragic... every morning when my husband and I are leaving, I am always asking him right before I back out (he takes the kiddos) you have the baby? where is our daughter? we always ask each other so we KNOW one of them isn't #1 left behind, #2 running around behind one of the vehicles.
these cases just give me the chills. it could happen to anyone.

This made me cry.

OMG, I can't imagine..

The couple, along with their three older biological children and their two other adopted daughters, Shaohannah, 8, and Stevey Joy, 5, were all barefoot during the service as a mark of reverence to ground made holy, they said, by the loss of Maria.

Standing in front of the tiny white coffin covered with pink flowers, they took turns holding the young girls in their arms and embracing the son whose car hit Maria.

Tears streamed down the 17-year-old's face and he wore Maria's pink security blanket around his neck throughout the service.

In a letter Shaohannah had written to God and her lost sister that her father read aloud, she asked for prayers for her brother. "He has been sobbing," she wrote.

Tears streamed down the 17-year-old's face and he wore Maria's pink security blanket around his neck throughout the service

down my face too reading that....man oh man!

Deepest and most heartfelt prayers for all of them, especially the 17 yo son. God bless him and comfort him. He is never going to get over this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back