One Killer or More?

Ummmmm Randy Kraft oscillated between dismemberment and whole strangled remains. He also dumped them on highways.
Doug Clark and carol bundy as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm inclined to think one killer. I think it's highly unlikely for the remains of Jessica Taylor, Peaches, etc. to be two different places and amongst the GB4 and it NOT be the same killer or (perhaps group of well-connected men) involved.

Not sure about Shannan Gilbert, I go back and forth on her case, but it sure seems fishy. You don't call 911 in fear for your life and then end up dead, and it not raise a lot of suspicion. I go back to the fact that she was speculated to have drowned well before her body had even been located. Very ODD!

The area is so good for a body-dump that multiple killers could use it and get away with it. Easy in or out by the parkways, little to zero traffic in the early morning hours. It is a natural-born place to deposit anything you choose. I think the proximity of other bodies being found clouds the judgment of a lot of people.

The area is so good for a body-dump that multiple killers could use it and get away with it. Easy in or out by the parkways, little to zero traffic in the early morning hours. It is a natural-born place to deposit anything you choose. I think the proximity of other bodies being found clouds the judgment of a lot of people.

So your pretty sure it's more than one? It's always good to hear from locals as the area probably answers most questions.

I'm looking into others theories on multiple killers as I had always been so pro 1.

I put this under another link but will put it here too. All in Virginia.
Quote Originally Posted by Armchair-reader View Post
Virginia HEPWORTH Feb. 25 1982 Virginia
Charlotte Powell missing July 1987 Body found Dec.8 1987 Virginia
Cynthia Joan Gastelle 2/11/1982 Virginia
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/120ufva.html
Judith Lynn Rue 8/18/1982 Virginia
Lisa Renee Triggs 5/21/1986 body found 3 days later Virginia
John Doe. Asian Male 9/19/1984 Strangulation. Age 20-25

I'm inclined to think one killer. I think it's highly unlikely for the remains of Jessica Taylor, Peaches, etc. to be two different places and amongst the GB4 and it NOT be the same killer or (perhaps group of well-connected men) involved.

Not sure about Shannan Gilbert, I go back and forth on her case, but it sure seems fishy. You don't call 911 in fear for your life and then end up dead, and it not raise a lot of suspicion. I go back to the fact that she was speculated to have drowned well before her body had even been located. Very ODD!
I agree with you Scorpio. I think Shannon was connected. There is a house of horrors in that area that if the walls could talk. Makes me so mad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I put this under another link but will put it here too. All in Virginia.
Quote Originally Posted by Armchair-reader View Post
Virginia HEPWORTH Feb. 25 1982 Virginia
Charlotte Powell missing July 1987 Body found Dec.8 1987 Virginia
Cynthia Joan Gastelle 2/11/1982 Virginia
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/120ufva.html
Judith Lynn Rue 8/18/1982 Virginia
Lisa Renee Triggs 5/21/1986 body found 3 days later Virginia
John Doe. Asian Male 9/19/1984 Strangulation. Age 20-25
Prince William Virginia Murders

I think it's the work of 1 individual and that's why the killings went on for so long. It certainly wasn't a tandem pair because one would likely kill the other to maintain anonymity.

Though the victim profile didn't change, the methodology did. Perhaps life circumstances, be they health, relationship or residential, caused the change. LISK might not be as physically fit as he used to be, hence no more dismemberment. Likewise, he may've narrowly escaped capture by law enforcement immediately after a dismemberment killing and decided to switch to a less riskier method, which in latter instances was strangulation.

So your pretty sure it's more than one? It's always good to hear from locals as the area probably answers most questions.

I'm looking into others theories on multiple killers as I had always been so pro 1.

I was through the area last night coming back from Nassau County at about 11:45 PM. From the JB (another JB... meaning Jones Beach...) water tower to the Captree bridge, I was the only car going east. Nobody in front of me, nobody behind me. With the fog it was very surreal. There were more cars heading west, but not many. It would thin out more as it gets later.

This is very good to know. Is that road just as dead in the summer months when more people are in town? That's when many of the murders took place.

I think it's the work of 1 individual and that's why the killings went on for so long. It certainly wasn't a tandem pair because one would likely kill the other to maintain anonymity.

Though the victim profile didn't change, the methodology did. Perhaps life circumstances, be they health, relationship or residential, caused the change. LISK might not be as physically fit as he used to be, hence no more dismemberment. Likewise, he may've narrowly escaped capture by law enforcement immediately after a dismemberment killing and decided to switch to a less riskier method, which in latter instances was strangulation.

I think you are onto something here, previously I was thinking that it's unlikely that someone would go from dismemberment (Bodies found from 1996 onwards) then go down the spectrum to strangulation.
However, it got me thinking, what scenarios would lead to this in my opinion.

What is there are earlier victims which had the later MO?

What factors would cause the switch up back to a previous MO?
I can only think of a few - One is physically unable to perform due to health, the second is if the perp has moved so doesn't have the same freedom of facilities to perform said act at a new location.

I think you are onto something here, previously I was thinking that it's unlikely that someone would go from dismemberment (Bodies found from 1996 onwards) then go down the spectrum to strangulation.

I can only think of a few - One is physically unable to perform due to health, the second is if the perp has moved so doesn't have the same freedom of facilities to perform said act at a new location.
I believe there is only one master mind that could be this repulsive and evil in the long island serial killer case.A group of one mindset perhaps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This is very good to know. Is that road just as dead in the summer months when more people are in town? That's when many of the murders took place.

Ocean Parkway is a good route to take all year round to get away from the congested Southern State Parkway. In summer it is busy, more to the Jones Beach end. Towards Gilgo, Cedar Beach is a hopping place all summer and that thins out after it closes, maybe around 11 or so. All the other beach fields close at dark. By the time it gets real late, after 1 AM the traffic is very thin going both ways.

If people believe bittrolff to be the killer it's also a possible scenario that if tangredi and mcnamee were his first victims and they were found so quickly that perhaps he went to greater lengths to hide identities and bodies. Then, after the body parts on gilgo weren't found he figured it was a good dumping place and the bodies in burlap wouldn't be found either.

I was just thinking... What better way for other serial killers this would be than to use another's dumping grounds to throw​ off da police!! Overwhelming them with victims, different methodologies ect
A common dumping ground does make sense.. but then again the time when victims were found doesn't add up..
Just a little ramble... Sorry guys

Sent from my LenovoA3300-HV using Tapatalk

Wheelspinning!? Yea guess we'll all be doing quite allot of that with these cases. But could all of us be underestimating the intelligence and skills of a single individual? Perhaps.. im not shure but think it was from a TV show.. they stated that serial killers oftentimes study each other. Could this individual have made it his life's work studying serial killers? And with the internet its entirely possible that one can learn anything about anything.. including LE tactics and behavior.. then again.. it might be several killers.. but im betting it's connected in some way. Without the case files and visual information its impossible to say..
I think overcomplicating things can hamper progression of a case keeping things simple points your radar in the most likely direction. With modern forensics and behavioral psychology it gets so much easier to do these things. But with the current LE and their position also i think opinion, it just makes it even harder. Eventually everyone makes a mistake. What mistakes did LISK make were not privy to?
My heart really goes out to these poor victims. Im always amazed at the things people are capable of.. but much much more so am i disgusted by humanity's brutality and cruelty..

Wheelspinning!? Yea guess we'll all be doing quite allot of that with these cases. But could all of us be underestimating the intelligence and skills of a single individual? Perhaps.. im not shure but think it was from a TV show.. they stated that serial killers oftentimes study each other. Could this individual have made it his life's work studying serial killers? And with the internet its entirely possible that one can learn anything about anything.. including LE tactics and behavior.. then again.. it might be several killers.. but im betting it's connected in some way. Without the case files and visual information its impossible to say..
I think overcomplicating things can hamper progression of a case keeping things simple points your radar in the most likely direction. With modern forensics and behavioral psychology it gets so much easier to do these things. But with the current LE and their position also i think opinion, it just makes it even harder. Eventually everyone makes a mistake. What mistakes did LISK make were not privy to?
My heart really goes out to these poor victims. Im always amazed at the things people are capable of.. but much much more so am i disgusted by humanity's brutality and cruelty..

I have thought of that. To "litter" another seriel killers personal space with your own work, would be brilliant. I guess I didn't want to give him that much credit. Also I have been undecided on the one or more killers. I've come to the conclusion it has to be more than one. The second link explains why the dismemberment. I ask myself now though how did one know about the other. Could it be two men who are very close one maybe just a little sicker than the other but familiar to each other. Someone on the inside who knew police matters and knew where to dump or was it just dumb luck.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/disturbed/201307/sadistic-killers

http://ericahutton.blogspot.com/2011/03/psychological-associations-of.html?m=1

Ya, the serial killer dumping on another's turf theory always boggles my mind a bit, because I think there's very few reasonable explanations how they would know of each others existence

I have thought of that. To "litter" another seriel killers personal space with your own work, would be brilliant. I guess I didn't want to give him that much credit. Also I have been undecided on the one or more killers. I've come to the conclusion it has to be more than one. The second link explains why the dismemberment. I ask myself now though how did one know about the other. Could it be two men who are very close one maybe just a little sicker than the other but familiar to each other. Someone on the inside who knew police matters and knew where to dump or was it just dumb luck.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/disturbed/201307/sadistic-killers

http://ericahutton.blogspot.com/2011/03/psychological-associations-of.html?m=1

There is also the deep web. I have not personally been there but from what I understand about it, it's not inconceivable that two tech-savvy killers could bump into each other there.

I have a theory that some killers are networking with each other online and have been for a while. Look at Jeffrey Willis (killer of Jessica Heeringa). He had "kidnap and kill" videos on his computer, at least some of which police said were real. Where does one get such videos? I would imagine by trading with likeminded people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back