Open Letter to the Maddie Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Madeleine is deceased, I would rather it be from an accidental death than from a pedophile-inflicted death, which I am sure in no way would be merciful.

Either way, we would not all be here if it were not from a decision by the McCanns.

Whether that decision was to leave their children alone and vulnerable to an abductor, when they had the means and ability to pay for supervision, or whether that decision was to cover up an accidental death and in their eyes, salvage their family, we are all trying to figure that out. We may all speculate, argue facts, and present theories as we see fit.

The McCanns' refusal to admit their decision that night had anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance is at best, disingenuous, and at worst, manipulative. Continuing to defend it only makes them subject to even more negative reaction.

Again, the McCanns were willing to put their own interests (a nice dinner out with friends) ahead of their living children's best interests (supervision by either a paid sitter, or by a parent if they did not trust strangers). It is not a huge stretch to think that they might not accordingly put their interests (keeping their other children, maintaining their professional careers and livelihoods) ahead of a dead child, whose accidental death could not be foreseen and therefore should not further harm the family.

Even with the abductor scenario, however, the McCanns' refusal to admit any responsibility is questionable. If they are going to become the advocates for missing children, then why not take the "Our children can never be considered safe anymore, anywhere. We must all be aware that they are at risk, and we must not ever again trust in what seems safe" line of thought?

Again, no matter which scenario you believe, it always comes back to the behavior of the McCanns that night and every single day and night that followed.

If Madeleine is deceased, I would rather it be from an accidental death than from a pedophile-inflicted death, which I am sure in no way would be merciful.

Either way, we would not all be here if it were not from a decision by the McCanns.

Whether that decision was to leave their children alone and vulnerable to an abductor, when they had the means and ability to pay for supervision, or whether that decision was to cover up an accidental death and in their eyes, salvage their family, we are all trying to figure that out. We may all speculate, argue facts, and present theories as we see fit.

The McCanns' refusal to admit their decision that night had anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance is at best, disingenuous, and at worst, manipulative. Continuing to defend it only makes them subject to even more negative reaction.

Again, the McCanns were willing to put their own interests (a nice dinner out with friends) ahead of their living children's best interests (supervision by either a paid sitter, or by a parent if they did not trust strangers). It is not a huge stretch to think that they might not accordingly put their interests (keeping their other children, maintaining their professional careers and livelihoods) ahead of a dead child, whose accidental death could not be foreseen and therefore should not further harm the family.

Even with the abductor scenario, however, the McCanns' refusal to admit any responsibility is questionable. If they are going to become the advocates for missing children, then why not take the "Our children can never be considered safe anymore, anywhere. We must all be aware that they are at risk, and we must not ever again trust in what seems safe" line of thought?

Again, no matter which scenario you believe, it always comes back to the behavior of the McCanns that night and every single day and night that followed.

Excellent post and I don't think anyone could have said it better. Selfish parents have to be looked at when a selfish deed has been done to a child. If there is another alternative it will eventually come out but in the interim the means and opportunity were in the family of Maddie.

Back at square one after going 'round and 'round. The McCanns left the kiddies alone - they are guilty of something, they have to be, because they didn't do things the way some people feel they should be done. I believe the McCanns hit a nerve and people would do well to look inside and find out why.

Outrageous??? I think not.....

I would much rather think that Madeleine (if no longer with us) suffered less than if she had been abducted by a pedophile ring (the thoughts haunt me)....

Seems like a totally logical conclusion to me....

I think the point is that what we'd "rather" have happened has absolutely no bearing on anything. Some of us don't see it as a logical conclusion, because our feelings about the parents or the child or the police or the press are irrelevant when looking at this case and trying to figure out what actually happened.

Sherlock Holmes was a cold *advertiser censored*, you know! ;)

Back at square one after going 'round and 'round. The McCanns left the kiddies alone - they are guilty of something, they have to be, because they didn't do things the way some people feel they should be done. I believe the McCanns hit a nerve and people would do well to look inside and find out why.

If thats what you think people are saying, then you need to read again.

The reason that many of us are so outraged at the McCanns is not because they "hit a nerve", its because what they did is so outside the realm of reasonable parenting expectations that it is incomprehensible. And while the act itself is incomprehensible, the lack of remorse and of admission of the unbeleivable neglect is also incomprehensible.

If thats what you think people are saying, then you need to read again.

The reason that many of us are so outraged at the McCanns is not because they "hit a nerve", its because what they did is so outside the realm of reasonable parenting expectations that it is incomprehensible. And while the act itself is incomprehensible, the lack of remorse and of admission of the unbeleivable neglect is also incomprehensible.

If it's so out of the realm of reasonable parenting expectations that it is incomprehensible why does the Mark Warner brochure state on page 86 that "The room listening service operates from 8pm until midnight when our nannies tour the rooms checking on the children and reporting any problems to you."?

Doesn't that more than imply that leaving the children alone in the rooms while the parents have dinner is an accepted option for resort guests since the service wouldn't be offered or worded as such if guests were not availing of it regularly?

The only difference with the McCann's is that they & their friends chose to check on the children themselves.

If it's so out of the realm of reasonable parenting expectations that it is incomprehensible why does the Mark Warner brochure state on page 86 that "The room listening service operates from 8pm until midnight when our nannies tour the rooms checking on the children and reporting any problems to you."?

Doesn't that more than imply that leaving the children alone in the rooms while the parents have dinner is an accepted option for resort guests since the service wouldn't be offered or worded as such if guests were not availing of it regularly?

The only difference with the McCann's is that they & their friends chose to check on the children themselves.
But did they check on their children, there is conflicting evidence about the McCanns checking on their children.

But did they check on their children, there is conflicting evidence about the McCanns checking on their children.

Hello Shazza, can you link me to the conflicting evidence please?

It was my impression from reading here and researching that the McCann's & their friends had checked a number of times.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Shazza, can you link me to the conflicting evidence please?

It was my impression from reading here and researching that the McCann's & their friends had checked a number of times.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Blaize,
The staff at the restaurant said that noone left the restaurant, the parents tell another story, a witness named Jeremy said something else, there is nothing to substantiate the different stories that are being said about who and when the children were checked, will try and find the link if anyone else knows where there is a link please jump in and show us.

Hi Blaize,
The staff at the restaurant said that noone left the restaurant, the parents tell another story, a witness named Jeremy said something else, there is nothing to substantiate the different stories that are being said about who and when the children were checked, will try and find the link if anyone else knows where there is a link please jump in and show us.

Thanks Shazza. I remember it being reported that Jeremy Wilkins was talking to Gerry on his way back after checking the children & that they were still talking when Jane Tanner returned from her bed checks.

Also this is what I found from the waiter from the Tapas bar.

[Source]
The unnamed waiter at the Ocean Club tapas bar claims that GP Kate failed to join pals in a desperate search for the little girl after raising the alarm. And he alleges that the couple didn’t check on their children every 15 minutes during the night of Maddie’s disappearance.
The waiter told Portuguese daily Correio da Manha: “We looked right round the area. We searched everywhere for that girl and her mum stayed indoors.
“It’s clear she was upset but she didn’t look for Madeleine.”
He added: “They arrived at the restaurant about 8pm. They were in a big group and ate dinner every day at the tapas bar. We didn’t notice anything strange.
“I can’t say what they ate. I don’t know exactly who got up from the table and when they did so. The only thing I am certain about is they weren’t going to check up on the children in their rooms every 15 minutes.

I couldn't find where anyone said they didn't check at all only questioned the frequency of their checks. Let me know if I missed something please.

Thanks again

Thanks Shazza. I remember it being reported that Jeremy Wilkins was talking to Gerry on his way back after checking the children & that they were still talking when Jane Tanner returned from her bed checks.

Also this is what I found from the waiter from the Tapas bar.

[Source]

I couldn't find where anyone said they didn't check at all only questioned the frequency of their checks. Let me know if I missed something please.

Thanks again
Thanks for your link Blaize, but I know I read somewhere that Jane Turner changed her statement in reference to seeing someone carrying a child which could have been Madelaine wrapped in a blanket wearing Pink PJ's, and there was someone that Jeremy did not see, whom were suppose to be checking the children at pretty much the same time Gerry did. I cannot direct you to the link, as my brain is on go slow at the moment, but I do know that I have read the timelines the McCanns and their friends said they checked on their children does not add up with statements of staff and other witnesses. You would have to read all the threads, and you will find that this has been discussed in detail.

Thanks for your link Blaize, but I know I read somewhere that Jane Turner changed her statement in reference to seeing someone carrying a child which could have been Madelaine wrapped in a blanket wearing Pink PJ's, and there was someone that Jeremy did not see, whom were suppose to be checking the children at pretty much the same time Gerry did. I cannot direct you to the link, as my brain is on go slow at the moment, but I do know that I have read the timelines the McCanns and their friends said they checked on their children does not add up with statements of staff and other witnesses. You would have to read all the threads, and you will find that this has been discussed in detail.

Aww Shazza my brain will explode.

Neither Gerry or Jeremy saw Jane on her return trip from checking the children.

Aww Shazza my brain will explode.

Neither Gerry or Jeremy saw Jane on her return trip from checking the children.

Mine has already,:p so much of this is repetition, and I just have not got the memory required to direct you to the links that have the information to back up my posts, this is where colomom excels, I assure you that what I say is not made up, that in amongst all this information we have gone over and over the same points with new posters. Sorry I cannot be of more help to you.

Mine has already,:p so much of this is repetition, and I just have not got the memory required to direct you to the links that have the information to back up my posts, this is where colomom excels, I assure you that what I say is not made up, that in amongst all this information we have gone over and over the same points with new posters. Sorry I cannot be of more help to you.

Oh heck Shazza, I don't for one second think you're making stuff up, just trying to keep up with everything is making my brain boggle. Thanks for your help and input.

Oh heck Shazza, I don't for one second think you're making stuff up, just trying to keep up with everything is making my brain boggle. Thanks for your help and input.
Your welcome blaize, just sorry that I couldnt answer the questions or direct you to the links you required.

It helps if people have links to back up what they are saying- otherwise they could just be saying anything.

Saying they heard it on this forum is hardly gospel either.

It helps if people have links to back up what they are saying- otherwise they could just be saying anything.

Saying they heard it on this forum is hardly gospel either.
This whole forum is a link, with so much information it is hard to keep track where your have read it, and when you have participated in this case from the beginning, you get a little tired of repeating yourself. I do not lie. All the posts I have posted are either my opinions or information that is stated on this forum.

It still amazes me that a call to "think outside the box" is interpreted as bashing...shame on that that...expand your mind....

Well maybe she was abducted by aliens who whisked her back to the mother ship :rolleyes:

I think there are a few posters including me who are getting a little frustrated, we have to remember who and what this thread is about, Madelaine is out there somewhere and bickering between ourselves is not helping her. I pray that this will soon be over.

I think there are a few posters including me who are getting a little frustrated, we have to remember who and what this thread is about, Madelaine is out there somewhere and bickering between ourselves is not helping her. I pray that this will soon be over.

Shazz

This should be about finding this little girl and searching for the truth.
I truly do not know what happened to her, but I do know that we should be looking for facts not just quoting rag papers that support our theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021