Open Letter to the Maddie Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are a few posters including me who are getting a little frustrated, we have to remember who and what this thread is about, Madelaine is out there somewhere and bickering between ourselves is not helping her. I pray that this will soon be over.

What isn't helping is the CONSTANT harping on the fact that Madeleine and the twins were (gasp) left alone. It happened. Get over it. Let's concentrate on where Madeleine is now. PLEASE?????

What it does not help is people constantly complaining about what others say, post or feel. Why is their darn business? Geez. If someone do not like what others post, just do not read it and get over it! Who is here to point out fingers on what should we post, say or even criticize? Not me! So if I want to criticize the Mc Canns for leaving their three tots alone, I would do it as many times as I feel to. Period. The whole issue here is that some people want to tell others what they should post, what sources they should use, how they should feel...ridiculous. If someone wants to quote from a tabloid magazine is their business and their right. Do not like it, too bad, don't read it. Let others post the things they WANT to post, if some people find it too hard to digest then they need a tolerance pill. :rolleyes:

What it does not help is people constantly complaining about what others say, post or feel. Why is their darn business? Geez. If someone do not like what others post, just do not read it and get over it! Who is here to point out fingers on what should we post, say or even criticize? Not me! So if I want to criticize the Mc Canns for leaving their three tots alone, I would do it as many times as I feel to. Period. The whole issue here is that some people want to tell others what they should post, what sources they should use, how they should feel...ridiculous. If someone wants to quote from a tabloid magazine is their business and their right. Do not like it, too bad, don't read it. Let others post the things they WANT to post, if some people find it too hard to digest then they need a tolerance pill. :rolleyes:

Problem is, people keep saying it over, and over, and over, and over, and over, until no one can get any other point across. It always reverts back to, "they left the childern alone". OK, yes, they did. There are worse things in this world kapish? Abducting a child and sexually abusing it is worse, right? Right?

Abducting a child and sexually abusing it is worse, right? Right?

Abducting a child and sexually abusing is wrong.So is leaving 3 small children alone so that it makes it even easier for a child to get abducted and sexually abused is also wrong.IMO.

Hi SleuthMom,
I don't post a lot on the Maddie threads, but I want you to know I agree with you. :blowkiss:
I do not have sympathy for the McCann's. To me, there is NO excuse to leave a 3 year old (and the younger twins) alone.
I also want to thank colomom and everyone who has worked so hard to provide links and translations.

This is just an outrageous statement.
Many of us feel that there is just no conclusive evidence that these parents did anything more than leave their children alone.
That does not mean that we are not as concerned about what happened to Maddie.
In fact, we would like ALL OPTIONS to be persued .
So what? That has nothing to do with what I said.

From the victims standpoint, Maddie, I would stand by what I said.

Right now we don't know for sure her parents are indeed victims at all - do we? There are worse things than having the finger pointed at you, d'oh your child missing. They have done this to themsevs, if someone else is found to have committed this crime - then I would be wrong, so sue me. If they are guilty, will all this moral superiority at standing by them keep anyone warm at night?

Someone did this and they are as likely as any.

It helps if people have links to back up what they are saying- otherwise they could just be saying anything.

Saying they heard it on this forum is hardly gospel either.

Hello narlacat, I knew I had missed out on answering someone earlier, please forgive my tardiness.

I take your point about backing up what's posted either as theory, supposition or fact with a link. I do try where possible and if I don't know I ask someone to point me to a specific snippet of information. I know many poster's find it annoying because they say topics have been discussed over again & again but without links to help me verify what has or has not been reported or said I'm unable to contribute anything much because my personal opinion is tinged with horror at the possibilities Madeleine's disappearance gives rise to.

Thanks for replying to me.

If thats what you think people are saying, then you need to read again.

The reason that many of us are so outraged at the McCanns is not because they "hit a nerve", its because what they did is so outside the realm of reasonable parenting expectations that it is incomprehensible. And while the act itself is incomprehensible, the lack of remorse and of admission of the unbeleivable neglect is also incomprehensible.

BethInAK,
If you're pointing to the McCann's leaving the children alone as neglect (which I personally agree with) then you must read the thread here about the Paul Warner Resorts. Evidently leaving children alone is an accepted thing in other countries. It isn't thought of as neglect. Then again, leaving children alone my be accepted by them IF a nanny or speakers are used.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53835

Shazz

This should be about finding this little girl and searching for the truth.
I truly do not know what happened to her, but I do know that we should be looking for facts not just quoting rag papers that support our theories.

I agree! It's frustrating knowing which media sources are legit and which ones are not.

Problem is, people keep saying it over, and over, and over, and over, and over, until no one can get any other point across. It always reverts back to, "they left the childern alone". OK, yes, they did. There are worse things in this world kapish? Abducting a child and sexually abusing it is worse, right? Right?

I am having computer problems so that's why I could not reply earlier. :)

I suppose you will have just come to terms with the fact that people think different than you do and they express their views differently than you do and there is really nothing you can do about it. You can choose to reply to the posts or just ignore those posts you consider to be repetitive. What you may consider to be "worst" or not, is merely your opinion and that's what we all do here, express our views.

All the best,
Sleuth

I am having computer problems so that's why I could not reply earlier. :)

I suppose you will have just come to terms with the fact that people think different than you
do and they express their views differently than you do and there is really nothing you can do about it. You can choose to reply to the posts or just ignore those posts you consider to be repetitive. What you may consider to be "worst" or not, is merely your opinion and that's what we all do here, express our views.

All the best,
Sleuth

Precisely.

Across the Atlantic, parents leave their children alone in different ways than they do in the US, and it doesn't mean they are bad, irresponsible parents. It isn't "incomprehensible," as another poster said.

Thanks!:)

Stick around, colomom! We are really glad to have you here and we need you!

Don't be so hard on yourself. Most everyone here at Websleuths has the ability to be very passionate about any given case at any given time. We love each other in spite of these things!

:blowkiss: SCM

Precisely.

Across the Atlantic, parents leave their children alone in different ways than they do in the US, and it doesn't mean they are bad, irresponsible parents. It isn't "incomprehensible," as another poster said.

Thanks!:)

Not sure why you tried to take my words out of context but is all fine. ;)

I suppose in the end, we have a missing child. Whether in China, Papua New Guinea or Tanzania leaving three kids by themselves when parents go party may not seem to be a big deal, nevertheless the fact remains the same: Because of it, we have a toddler missing.

Not sure why you tried to take my words out of context but is all fine. ;)

I suppose in the end, we have a missing child. Whether in China, Papua New Guinea or Tanzania leaving three kids by themselves when parents go party may not seem to be a big deal, nevertheless the fact remains the same: Because of it, we have a toddler missing.

I didn't do the bolding above, but I agree it is the most important part of the post.

First, if the parents are responsible for Madeleine's disappearance, it isn't
"Because of it" - leaving the children alone. If the parents "did it", Madeleine would have been demised BEFORE the parents selfishly left their children alone to go out and party with their friends.

Secondly, if Maddie was abducted, I believe the abductor (the one doing the abducting) is at fault. "How so?" you may ask. Because he/she took someone else's child without their permission and that's against the law. Maddie isn't missing "Because of it" , she's missing because a criminal took her. How many cases have we seen in recent years where children have been taken when the parents were at home? Elizabeth Smart is a good example and there are lots of others. No child is missing Because of it , they're missing because some criminal stole/kidnapped/abducted that child and broke the laws of God and man.

Think, if you will, about a rape victim. Remember when people said, "She was asking for it by wearing a dress like that?" That mind set was taking the responsibility off the rapist and putting it on the victim. I see the same thing happening in this case - the victims being victimized and, until proven otherwise, Madeleine and the McCanns are victims.

Madeleine isn't missing Because of it , she's missing because someone illegally took her or she was dead prior to it .

I didn't do the bolding above, but I agree it is the most important part of the post.

"Because of it" - leaving the children alone. If the parents "did it", Madeleine would have been demised BEFORE the parents selfishly left their children alone to go out and party with their friends.

Secondly, if Maddie was abducted, I believe the abductor (the one doing the abducting) is at fault. "How so?" you may ask. Because he/she took someone else's child without their permission and that's against the law. Maddie isn't missing "Because of it" , she's missing because a criminal took her. How many cases have we seen in recent years where children have been taken when the parents were at home? Elizabeth Smart is a good example and there are lots of others. No child is missing Because of it , they're missing because some criminal stole/kidnapped/abducted that child and broke the laws of God and man.

Think, if you will, about a rape victim. Remember when people said, "She was asking for it by wearing a dress like that?" That mind set was taking the responsibility off the rapist and putting it on the victim. I see the same thing happening in this case - the victims being victimized and, until proven otherwise, Madeleine and the McCanns are victims.

Madeleine isn't missing Because of it , she's missing because someone illegally took her or she was dead prior to it .

Excellent post, AfterMidnight. I agree with everything you wrote. :clap:

I don't come here to tell anyone else what they should think about the McCanns, and I would just appreciate the same courtesy.

If I believe it is neglectful to leave those children alone, then I will say so.

I don't care where they live or what is "the norm." It is not my norm, and I'm not European, but I am a mother of three, and I'm entitled to my opinion.

I've been on Websleuths a long time, through the cases of Chandra Levy, Elizabeth Smart, and all the way through the Laci Peterson case (from day one). I know how heated these things can be, and how different opinions can be - like night and day.

But we cannot tell others to stop repeating things - that isn't fair and it isn't a logical way to approach a crime. Police have to look at things, and then go back and look again.

These cases are by nature repetitive, and everyone who worked on the Peterson case knows that little things can show back up later as more significant than they originally appeared.

I am already tired of hearing how a lack of babysitters is "accepted." I would remind everyone that it used to "accepted" to beat your children, too, but luckily civilization marches on.

But anyone can keep repeating whatever they believe, and I will keep repeating what I believe. That's the way this works on a forum.

I don't come here to tell anyone else what they should think about the McCanns, and I would just appreciate the same courtesy.

If I believe it is neglectful to leave those children alone, then I will say so.

I don't care where they live or what is "the norm." It is not my norm, and I'm not European, but I am a mother of three, and I'm entitled to my opinion.

I've been on Websleuths a long time, through the cases of Chandra Levy, Elizabeth Smart, and all the way through the Laci Peterson case (from day one). I know how heated these things can be, and how different opinions can be - like night and day.

But we cannot tell others to stop repeating things - that isn't fair and it isn't a logical way to approach a crime. Police have to look at things, and then go back and look again.

These cases are by nature repetitive, and everyone who worked on the Peterson case knows that little things can show back up later as more significant than they originally appeared.

I am already tired of hearing how a lack of babysitters is "accepted." I would remind everyone that it used to "accepted" to beat your children, too, but luckily civilization marches on.

But anyone can keep repeating whatever they believe, and I will keep repeating what I believe. That's the way this works on a forum.

The bolding is mine. I believe we should try to find Madeleine.

If they did it, it is because the children were left alone the gave them the opportunity to dispose of her. No nanny or listening device to hinder them.

If they did it, it is because the children were left alone the gave them the opportunity to dispose of her. No nanny or listening device to hinder them.

I don't quite understand. Left alone with whom? The parents?

AfterMidnight said:
The bolding is mine. I believe we should try to find Madeleine.
That's what we all want, I believe.

However, since this is a crime forum, and a crime has been committed, I intend to discuss every avenue for justice.

I put justice and truth first. My compassion for Maddie is the reason I'm here at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46