Opinion Piece: Casey Out in 3 Years!

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by gamom, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oakley

Oakley New Member

I don't think Casey walking in three years is a 'realistic option.' Or perhaps you meant her accepting a plea deal would be a realistic option?

2. 6stringer

6stringer New Member

BBM...thats one of many things that bothers me...it is not rare, and can be found here in my garage!

dont mean to be a pain...just dialog/discussion. I have lurked for a long time, wanting to get in on some of this, now I am probably not welcome I would imagine. but for the sake of dialog, again, I dont see it...I can doubt everything I have heard thus far.

3. Paintr

Paintr New Member

I think we are mixed up a little. I said that maybe the writer was trying to offer a 'realistic OPINION'. Maybe, for him, his outlook is being realistic.

To mangle a Mick J quote, we may not get what we want in this case. We may have to be satisfied with what the State of Florida needs. Does the SA's office balance the cost of convicting KC of murder 1 against the hard fact of not pressing charges in some cases because they have no funds? Just asking the question, I have no idea of the correct answer.

4. Horace Finklestein

Horace Finklestein New Member

"Mike Thomas", whoever that is, should have begun the title of his article with "Me too! Me too! I wanna say something about the case!!" What an utterly pointless article.

5. kbl8201

kbl8201 Former Member

she didnt have her baby and no one saw her for a month.

she was out partying when her baby was missing when she claims she was doing some 'csi' amatuer work.

she has lied repeatedly over who had caylee (people who dont exist in the real world the rest of us live in)

she didnt report her daughter missing till her grandparents literally forced it out of her.

she shows zero intrest in caylee, before, during or after she was found. she smiles and laughs and thinks this whole thing is a big joke.

she thinks she's gonna adopt irish babies when she gets out, instead of mourning the baby she lost.

i think this is enough circ evidence to make a smoking gun.

6. kbl8201

kbl8201 Former Member

if casey is out in 3 years i guess its a good thing the world ends in 12/2012 ;)

7. truckengirl

truckengirl New Member

That dude has done gone and lost his mind, there is no way that girl is getting out in 3 years with just the evidence that has been released so far not to mention what we have not seen yet. I dont know if she will get the death penalty but I would bet big bucks that she will get at least LWOP. IMHO I think this new judge will be WAY harder on her at sentencing than JS would have been.

8. Oakley

Oakley New Member

Ooops - sorry Paintr - should've read better before I posted. But I don't think what he is proposing is a realistic 'opinion' either. Not saying you necessarily agree with him. It is just a very sad state of affairs what with the taxpayer burden but I don't want to see her get off easy either.

9. Paintr

Paintr New Member

Does anyone remember those old western movies, when they have circled the wagons against attack and John Wayne is hunkered down with a rifle, staring out into the darkness? Then Wayne turns to his trusty sidekick and says,"I have a bad feeling about this." That's where I am right now...in the dark, with John Wayne and a 'bad' feeling. LOL!

I think that Mr Mason, while watching this case unfold (and no doubt reading the doc dumps, noticed something that he thought gave him an edge. Something to make him believe that he could pull this case out of the fire. He would never have stepped forward if he did not think he could accomplish what he set out to do.

I am worried about whatever loophole, misstep, discrepency, or whatever he noticed. Maybe he is of the opinion that Florida just can't afford to fight this case in a long drawn out battle. Maybe he believes he can discredit LE, the witnesses, or the evidence. I have no idea, but, like John Wayne, I still have a 'bad' feeling about this. I am afraid a lot of us are going to be disappointed by the outcome of this case. :( I sure hope I am wrong.

10. nssherlock

nssherlock Member

Actually Mike Thomas is a respected columnist for the Orl Sentinel. While I don't always agree with him he generally makes reasoned arguments. I just don't know where he's coming from with this - Does CM must have something I haven't seen yet............I'm sure he's good but darn so is the SA - they have by far outperformed the defense up to now. You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear - and there are no dynamics like those occurring when OJ was allowed to walk out of court a free man. I am not seeing a Johnny Cochran moment happening for ole Cheney.

11. Paintr

Paintr New Member

Hey, no problem, Oakley. :) I agree with you but I am still worried.

12. nssherlock

nssherlock Member

This is PRICELESS........Thanks just not enuf!

13. Talison

Talison New Member

Fortunately, the legal standard for conviction isn't "without any doubt". Rather, it's "beyond a reasonable doubt". Considering the huge pile of evidence against her, I don't think that any jurors will have a reasonable belief that someone other than Casey could have murdered Caylee.

Being "sure of exactly what happened" is also not necessary for conviction. Again, that's not the legal standard. There is plenty of evidence in this case for a slam dunk conviction, and I believe that's exactly what will happen when this finally goes to trial. And I believe it WILL go to trial, because I can't see Casey ever accepting a plea deal on this, nor do I think the SA will offer one.

14. 6stringer

6stringer New Member

oh, there is a whole lot more than that, we all know it. but look at what you just wrote! the only thing you "proved" is that she was negligent (ok, you didnt prove it, but this is EASILY proven), not all together there mentally, and that she is a horrible parent.

Im looking at this rationally, not emotionally. Personally I think life without the possibility of parole in a "hard labor" prison is what she deserves, but i could not convict at this point...hope that changes, because I strongly believe that if she walks she will kill again. there are obviously mental issues there, and if she walks than she got away with it once. scary...

15. sharpar

sharpar If dogs dont go to heaven I want to go where they

Of course not you havent seen all the evidence - and there is plenty to come to put any reasonable doubt to rest. She murdered that child - with malice and forethought and the evidence is going to lead the jury to that determination step by step.

16. 21merc7

21merc7 New Member

Okay, were you ticked off when you wrote this part? It is so funny, but true. I never put it all together quite that way. Too funny!

And I agree, the State is not going to hand out a 3 year sentence (plea deal) after all the energy invested in this one case.

17. JSR

JSR Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the ri

There is only one way Casey could have the potential of walking away and getting away with this murder. I'm not going to write what I think Mason needs to do because I don't want to help the defense in any way. But it's pretty simple what they need to do, but it would be nearly damn near impossible to accomplish it.

So basically, I have every faith that Casey will get her just punishment. Even if Mason intends to discredit LE until the cows come home. He can squawk all he wants but no juror is going to overlook the big pink elephant in the room.

18. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator

In the trunk:

[​IMG]

7) hair belonging to Caylee with decomposition at proximal root

At crime scene:
    1) Winnie the Pooh blanket (CA admits blanket is missing from Caylee’s room)
    2) Whitney laundry bag (CA and GA admit theirs is missing)
    3) Black trash bags with yellow ties like the ones Cindy gave investigators
    4) Henkel duct tape – same brand and type found in home

Behavior evidence:
    1) Lieing
    2) Happy behavior- Dancing/ drinking/ partying /shopping
    3) Hiding from family
    4) Uncooperative in helping find daughter

If an accident:

What loving mother would tape up their baby’s face with duct tape to cover an accident? What loving mother would throw away their baby like trash? What loving mother would not care that a tropical storm is coming through and their baby’s remains are being ravaged by the elements? What loving mother would not worry or care about their baby’s remains being torn apart by animals? What loving mother would not care that their baby’s bones are being chewed on by animals? What loving mother would know all this is happening to their baby and then turn around and enter a Hot Body Contest? What loving mother would not feel guilt that under their care a child had expired and instead rent a movie about an abducted person with duct tape across their mouth … just a few hours after it had happened?

There is plenty against the accused and she ain’t walkin’...

No amount of sneezing on Casey's part will blow away all that is against her...

19. kbl8201

kbl8201 Former Member

the only way i wouldnt convict is if she can produce a real person that took caylee from her, not some imaginary nanny or the guy who found caylee's remains, cause thats all nonsense

20. kbl8201

kbl8201 Former Member

if the state hands out a 3 year plea the da should lose his next electioun unanimously

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.