Oprah Show - Bird Flu Pandemic

Jeana (DP) said:
NOW we need to bring our guys home.

SULAIMANIYAH, Iraq (AP) -- Iraqi and U.N. health officials said Monday that a 15-year-old girl who died this month was a victim of the deadly H5N1 strain of the bird flu virus, the first confirmed case of the disease in the Middle East.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/01/30/birdflu.iraq.ap/index.html
Yeppers, just saw this on Fox News. First case of bird flu in Iraq.

I will say that nothing Oprah does will relieve me in any way and I don't watch her show. The only show I watched was her with Amber Frey and it was brutal.She was like a predator with her prey. She chewed her up and spit her out. I know enough people that will do this and have no desire to continue that kind of relationship.

I'm stockpiling Xanax.......

christine2448 said:
Yeppers, just saw this on Fox News. First case of bird flu in Iraq.

yikes!!!...i hadn't heard this..interesting article for sure...i'd be willing to bet we'll be hearing of more cases in Iraq soon...

This is certainly scary with all of the American troops over there. So many of them could potentially carry this here. What a shame that they have one more thing to worry about while carrying out the jobs they were sent to do.

spclk said:
This is certainly scary with all of the American troops over there. So many of them could potentially carry this here. What a shame that they have one more thing to worry about while carrying out the jobs they were sent to do.

ABSOLUTELY! This is just too much!

spclk said:
This is the last straw as far as I am concerned..bring those men home now!!!!!:furious:

spclk said:

It is still caught from a bird. The troops cannot bring it here unless the virus mutates from human to human.

Marthatex said:
It is still caught from a bird. The troops cannot bring it here unless the virus mutates from human to human.
I understand that- but if our troops are where the infected birds are-- they can be exposed

I wonder if I can get bird flu from kissing my cat? She is a bird killing machine!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back