Oprah to reveal HUGE secret on Monday

Who cares? There is no personal circumstance that Oprah won't exploit for higher ratings. UGH!

Only Oprah would make a big deal of a relative not trying to exploit or take advantage of HER. It's all about her. Why the heck would the woman do something like that since it's not that big of a hush hush thing at all. Maybe she actually wants to know her biological family. Oprah doesn't seem to understand how someone else outside her bubble could feel. I only hope Patricia isn't the one to get hurt and hope she had a fantastic life, but that it is not held against her or that she's made to feel guilty for it. Oprah has told all about her miserable life so I could see potential resentments if Patricia had it great.

Oh the irony? Oprah rewards the womans thoughtfulness for not exposing the secret, creating a media stir and making money off of it by... wait for it... bringing her on the show and exposing the secret, creating a media stir and making money off of it through ratings.

I watched the show knowing ahead of time that it was a half sister. She is a pretty woman. I don't think that Oprah did this to raise ratings, she does not have to do that. She has fans who adore her and want to know every little thing in her life - and there are those who do not like her at all. Love or hate her, she has done things her way throughout her career and look where it has gotten her. She has previously talked about being molested and other bad things that happened in her life, her choice because it was her life. The thing that I did not like was her questioning her mother and showing that - because it was a choice her mother made and questioning her seemed wrong to me.

Since this family knew for a long period of time and did not take it to the tabloids is remarkable and shows they don't need her dollars. Since Patricia was adopted, she like many many others has been searching for her birth family. Now she has blood family and that was her goal. And Oprah has new family too and she did not try to hide them. With all of her money, she couldn't have bought a nicer sister.

Let me say that I used to watch Oprah faithfully for years. I think I quit sometime after we moved to Texas so that would've been about the year 2000, but it wasn't a sudden quit my interest in her had started to wane a couple of years prior to that.

It occurred to me why I quit watching her in and around 2003 or so when I tuned in for some reason or another.

That was I realized that she had started to believe her hype. She had lost touch with her fan base and lost touch with what it means to be an average everyday person.

In some of her interviews she can be quite aloof and appear to be snotty in a way as if she were looking down her nose at a guest.

Me no likey that in a person. Really really no likey. (not a typo LOL)

We were at the corner store a few days ago picking up milk and one of the rags at the front said "shocking past of Oprahs half sister".

Big whooptydoo. I can't believe that is thought to sell ragmags. C'mon. Leave that poor woman alone.

all JMHO.

Let me say that I used to watch Oprah faithfully for years. I think I quit sometime after we moved to Texas so that would've been about the year 2000, but it wasn't a sudden quit my interest in her had started to wane a couple of years prior to that.

It occurred to me why I quit watching her in and around 2003 or so when I tuned in for some reason or another.

That was I realized that she had started to believe her hype. She had lost touch with her fan base and lost touch with what it means to be an average everyday person.

In some of her interviews she can be quite aloof and appear to be snotty in a way as if she were looking down her nose at a guest.

Me no likey that in a person. Really really no likey. (not a typo LOL)

We were at the corner store a few days ago picking up milk and one of the rags at the front said "shocking past of Oprahs half sister".

Big whooptydoo. I can't believe that is thought to sell ragmags. C'mon. Leave that poor woman alone.

all JMHO.

ITA Kat. I once LOVED Oprah, but she has completely lost touch with reality - the one thing that made her so amazing in the beginning.

I suppose it's to be expected from someone who came from such humble beginnings and has amassed a huge fortune and empire. But it's still such a colossal disappointment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back