OR - 6 women found dead near Portland, most in secluded, wooded area, Feb 19 - May 8, 2023 *POI of 4*

By Catalina Gaitán |

''Feb. 19: Kristin Smith, 22, of Gresham​

Smith was reported missing Dec. 22. Portland police officers responded Feb. 19 to a report of human remains found in a wooded area near Southeast Deardorff Road and Flavel Street in Southeast Portland’s Pleasant Valley neighborhood. The Police Bureau identified the body as Smith on May 25.

Officers and county investigators searched the area for evidence, and the Multnomah County medical examiner has not yet determined a cause of death, police said.

April 8: JoAnna Speaks, 32, of Oregon​

Police and firefighters in Clark County found Speaks dead inside a barn on April 8 at an abandoned property in Ridgefield, Washington, about 22 miles north of Portland. Officials responded just before 6 p.m. to a report of a dead person at the property near the 800 block of South 5th Street in Ridgefield.

The county medical examiner determined Speaks died of blunt head and neck injuries.

The Clark County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the death as a homicide and said Speaks’ body was moved to the location where it was found.

April 24: Charity Lynn Perry, 24​

Multnomah County sheriff’s deputies found Perry’s body shortly after 1:30 p.m. on April 24 in a culvert at East Historic Columbia River Highway and Northeast Tumalt Road, near Ainsworth State Park in east Multnomah County. The sheriff’s office has not released additional information, citing an ongoing suspicious death investigation.

Perry, 24, was frequently seen near Southwest Washington Street and Fourth Avenue in downtown Portland at the beginning of March, the sheriff’s office said. That area is home to the Washington Center building, the site of a former open-air fentanyl market that was cleared by police earlier in April after 11 people overdosed in one night in that area – three fatally.

April 24: Unidentified woman​

Officials found a woman dead April 24 near Interstate 205 and Southeast Flavel Street in Southeast Portland’s Lents neighborhood – less than three miles from where Smith’s body was found, and the same day officials found Perry’s body in east Multnomah County.

The Multnomah County Medical Examiner’s Office is seeking the public’s help in identifying the woman, who was possibly Native American or Alaskan Native between the ages of 25 and 40, county officials said. She had black, medium-length hair, was just over 5 feet tall, weighed 135 pounds and had two large scars on her left lower leg.

Officials say the woman had two noticeable tattoos: a black music note with the letter V on the left side of her upper chest and a depiction of Buddha on her right upper back. The woman was found wearing rings and bracelets, a green long sleeve shirt, a black and white zip-up jacket, jeans and black and white Adidas cleats.

April 30: Bridget Leann Ramsey Webster, 31, of Milwaukie​

Officials found Webster’s body shortly before 2:30 p.m. on April 30 on Harmony Road near Mill Creek in northwest Polk County. She was known to frequent the Portland metro area, particularly Portland, Oregon City and Milwaukie, according to the Polk County Sheriff’s Office, which is investigating the death as suspicious.

May 7: Ashley Real, 22, of Portland​

Real disappeared March 27 in Southeast Portland and was last seen leaving a fast food restaurant in the 12000 block of Southeast Division Street, Portland police said.

On May 7, a man fishing at a pond in the 29000 block of Southeast Judd Road in the Eagle Creek area called 911 after seeing human remains in the heavily wooded area. The Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office identified the body May 31 as Real’s, and is investigating the suspicious death.''

Attachments

• 1686352680218.png
    1686352680218.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
'jun 7, 2023 #portland #abc7news #homicide
Portland police took a strong stance against "online rumors," shutting down theories of a potential serial killer after the deaths of six women'

Jun 7, 2023
Diana Allen's daughter, Charity Perry, was found dead in Ainsworth State Park in April. Perry is one of five women who vanished, then was found dead, in the past six months.

Jun 4, 2023 #Crime
Six women have been found dead within 100 miles of each other in Oregon in recent months, prompting some to be concerned that there may be a serial killer. Authorities are working to investigate whether there is any link between the women’s deaths. NBC News’ Marissa Parra has the story.

Moving a body that far is unusual, but I do think that’s what is happening. (And I am mostly referencing JS, CP and BW here, as those are the three to me that are almost definitely related).

Which makes a pretty weird dichotomy—clearly the killer is comfortable enough to move bodies long distances, but the actual dump sites, from what I can tell, are not all that concealed and honestly kind of lazy. Makes me wonder if the killer is smaller in stature and/or in somewhat poor health.

And to reference your previous post, what you noted about JS location I think is true of all three (and probably true of AR too): there were MUCH better dump sites close by in each of those areas, which suggests to me that he had only a basic familiarity with the locations.
I'm not familiar with the locations. I wasn't saying the dead end or other areas were better locations per say, just similar isolated locations. I just was looking at what was obvious on Google maps. I wonder who discovered each of these girls. It seems he didn't want them discovered quickly. I think he may have been more familiar with Js location because how else would he know its abandoned? There's a dead end road right next to that, I would think that's easier and more hidden than opening a gate, dragging someone from an out in the open area everyone can see as they pass by. There were other areas off the freeway before that area, too. Well, looking from i5. I haven't looked from 205. What made him turn left on that street vs going straight or turning on a different street? I'm sure there are other more isolated areas he passed. So...why there. I actually think if he wanted them being found taking the longest, an abandoned property would be better than a dead end.

So is there a serial killer or not? I'm confused. There were articles earlier in the thread that said PPB say they aren't connected while there are other articles saying police are looking to see if they're connected. Did I miss something? I did only skim this thread so I could just be an idiot. JMO
The police said it's still under investigation ie to be determine and they didn't think all 6 were related at this time which means A that may change andor B only 2, 3, 4, or 5 may be related andor C there may be 1-5 killers on the loose. So, who knows. It's all up in the air.

I think that out of the six JS was more personal. The viciousness,and brutality, is to me indicative of familiarity to her,and some level of comfort and trust on her part. Also for him to take the time and effort to travel across state lines, and take that big of a risk with her. (Where the others were left in Oregon). MOO
Did I miss where police stated the others causes of deaths?

Respectfully snipped.

Here is the problem. The SK might be in Portland, Klamath Falls, Vancouver, WA or totally elsewhere.

Here is the problem with Portland. It is an intersection of so many highways. Could be I-5, or, the traveller could take I-90 to Tri-Cities, drive down through Yakima to the border with Oregon then down to Portland via Interstate 84, or he could drive from Boise to Portland via 84, or go from Vavcouver south via I205.

Or the killer could be totally local. .

Portland has an unusual location, that's all. Just look at the road map. And while in Seattle, well, yes, there are many roads but move North, South or East, and you are still in a densely inhabited area, with Portland, it is different. This beautiful city is surrounded by forests, barns, wastelands or typical Oregon boonies. But the roads run through in in all directions. And lots of people camp in the area, too.

My feeling is, there is a SK who hunted in Portland in the end of 2022 - beginning of 2023, but it makes sense to look for the remains with similar COD in the large surrounding area. Maybe starting in Ogden, UT, or Boise, or Yakima reservation (the connection would be I-84), or around HWY 205, or I-5. It is possible that the killer lives in Portland and hunts in the area, or alternatively, he can easily get to the route that goes through Portland. We know that he preys on young women, as to the fact hinted at in the article, that they are into drug scene, there is your explanation how he lures them into the forests.

Oh, I also read someone say truckers would travel 100s of miles from truck stops to leave bodies. Not ordinarily. The Fbi has a serial killer trucker task group where they have linked bodies found off the sides of interstates to serial killing truckers. I almost always consider truckers when it comes to these cases but based on where JS was found, I rule that out. It is surprising to me if someone drives 30+ minutes with a body I their car. Which leads me to wonder. What if these girls got in someone's car and went for a drive for whatever reason? I do think these women went missing from somewhere in Portland area; maybe a max stop, 82nd, milwaukie, downtown portland, or clackamas areas. I guess driving out 30+ minutes isn't outside of possibilities, I just thought of Gary ridgeway. Sidenote, I think JS looked taller and not petite. I don't think any of the girls really look alike.

The girls didn't look alike. If I were to take the wildest guess, I'd think AR was his preferred type, while JS represented the archetype of the girls he kept feeling angry with, maybe starting in HS. Blunt trauma to head and neck? I wonder if she was taller than him, so he had to incapacitate her somehow (drugs) and attack from the back.

I also wonder if that barn had a few roads to get to it and he dumped her there planning to return if it was an abandoned place.

Respectfully snipped.

Here is the problem. The SK might be in Portland, Klamath Falls, Vancouver, WA or totally elsewhere.

Here is the problem with Portland. It is an intersection of so many highways. Could be I-5, or, the traveller could take I-90 to Tri-Cities, drive down through Yakima to the border with Oregon then down to Portland via Interstate 84, or he could drive from Boise to Portland via 84, or go from Vavcouver south via I205.

Or the killer could be totally local. .

Portland has an unusual location, that's all. Just look at the road map. And while in Seattle, well, yes, there are many roads but move North, South or East, and you are still in a densely inhabited area, with Portland, it is different. This beautiful city is surrounded by forests, barns, wastelands or typical Oregon boonies. But the roads run through in in all directions. And lots of people camp in the area, too.

My feeling is, there is a SK who hunted in Portland in the end of 2022 - beginning of 2023, but it makes sense to look for the remains with similar COD in the large surrounding area. Maybe starting in Ogden, UT, or Boise, or Yakima reservation (the connection would be I-84), or around HWY 205, or I-5. It is possible that the killer lives in Portland and hunts in the area, or alternatively, he can easily get to the route that goes through Portland. We know that he preys on young women, as to the fact hinted at in the article, that they are into drug scene, there is your explanation how he lures them into the forests.
I don’t need to look at a road map, I grew up in Portland. I lived in Seattle for several years too, I know the region well.

I will be straight up shocked if the killer currently lives anywhere besides the east side of Portland or its eastern burbs. But he may not be originally from there and definitely could be responsible for similar murders elsewhere.

I agree with this. I think our killer is lazy. He doesn’t seem to conceal the bodies. Just dumps in areas that don’t have as much traffic.

If KS is linked, it sounds like at first he was dumping closer to where he picked them up. Maybe he got scared after and started driving them further out. When KS went missing there was a lot of attention. Facebook lit up and she was on the news. AR was reported missing and I had no idea until she was found.

I have another theory. Maybe, like other SK, he planned to return back, maybe even make his personal "site".

If the barn was abandoned and bought by a Colorado company, maybe as the site for potential project, but so far, just a parcel of land, and the perp was aware that here is a place with ownership but not in use, that might have looked like a promising dumping spot.

I don’t need to look at a road map, I grew up in Portland. I lived in Seattle for several years too, I know the region well.

I will be straight up shocked if the killer currently lives anywhere besides the east side of Portland or its eastern burbs. But he may not be originally from there and definitely could be responsible for similar murders elsewhere.

He should know the area, and statistically, SK don't live far from their victims, but I wonder if the habits are changing post-Covid. Or maybe they changed before.

Lindsey Baum, abducted in McLeary and dumped in Ellensburg, is one such case.

I have just noticed that all long-practicing serial killers have no obvious, or traceable, connection between them and their victims.

I'm not familiar with the locations. I wasn't saying the dead end or other areas were better locations per say, just similar isolated locations. I just was looking at what was obvious on Google maps. I wonder who discovered each of these girls. It seems he didn't want them discovered quickly. I think he may have been more familiar with Js location because how else would he know it’s abandoned? There's a dead end road right next to that, I would think that's easier and more hidden than opening a gate, dragging someone from an out in the open area everyone can see as they pass by. There were other areas off the freeway before that area, too. Well, looking from i5. I haven't looked from 205. What made him turn left on that street vs going straight or turning on a different street? I'm sure there are other more isolated areas he passed. So...why there. I actually think if he wanted them being found taking the longest, an abandoned property would be better than a dead end.
I don’t know the specific dead end either, nor do I know Ridgefield well, I just know it gets real rural real fast if you venture just outside of it to the east or northeast. And it’s just my impression of the other locations that they are similar in that sense.

There’s actually not much in terms of rural areas directly accessible via exits off I5 or 205 before Ridgefield. I had to look it up to verify this, but it’s the first exit beyond the Vancouver area.

You make a great point on how he would have known about the abandoned property. That could be a big piece of the puzzle

He should know the area, and statistically, SK don't live far from their victims, but I wonder if the habits are changing post-Covid. Or maybe they changed before.

Lindsey Baum, abducted in McLeary and dumped in Ellensburg, is one such case.

I have just noticed that all long-practicing serial killers have no obvious, or traceable, connection between them and their victims.
I think he knows portland pretty well, but I don’t get the sense that he really knows the surrounding area.

Like, he thought the barn in Ridgefield was a great dump site when he could have driven 10 minutes from there and been in the exact forest they didn’t find DB Cooper in haha

From what I could gather from all kind of sources on here and specific threads about the women/media outlets

Kristin Smith (AKA Reedus) (22)
: She went missing around the Mall 205/Gateway Transit Center in December of 2022. (south-East Portland) Her body was discovered off of 138thand SE Flavel (near a park and a large homeless camp) two months later. She was known to have no permanent housing, usually checked in every week, but this stopped. She had been known to frequent 82nd Avenue and downtown. Last contact date November 19, 2022. Reported missing on December 22, 2022. On February 19, 2023 remains found. Body identified in May 2023.

Charity Lynn Perry (24): Family said that she suffered from “extreme mental health issues, including schizophrenia.” Although from Longview, WA, she was known to frequent the infamous open drug market at SW 4th and Washington in downtown Portland. Her body was found just off of I-84 near Ainsworth Park near Cascade Locks. Found on April 8, 2023. Suspicious death.

JoAnna Speaks (32): She was a mother and the oldest of the women found. Had substance abuse problems and family lost track or her a couple months prior to her becoming a missing person. She was found on South 5th Street in Ridgefield, WA, right off of I-5 in an abandoned barn. Family says she had no connection to the area she was found. investigators believe her body was moved to the location after death. Disappeared in March, 2023, Found on April 8, 2023. Cause of death blunt head and neck injury.

Bridget Ramsey-Webster (31): Having no permanent address, she was known to frequent Portland, Milwaukie, and Oregon City. Her body was found off of Highway 18 near Mill Creek around the Sheridan, OR area, over 60 miles away from where she was known to hang out. Found on April 30, 2023. According to LE, death was suspicious.

Ashley Real (22): Missing from fast food restaurant, last seen March 27, 2023. She was known to hang out around the Gateway Transit Center, which is nearby multiple homeless camps. She was last seen around SE 122nd and Division. Her body was found over 15 miles away in Eagle Creek near Highway 224. Body found on May 7, 2023. Homicide & Violent Crimes Unit examined the scene. (does this mean she was murdered? Let’s say, death was suspicious the least.)

Unknown Native American/Alaskan woman: She was found deceased in a tent off of I-205 in Lents. No suspicious death.

Three of six women found dead in Oregon 'may share connections'

JoAnna Speaks, 32, Charity Lynn Perry, 24 and Bridget Leann Ramsey Webster, 31.

The three women 'had been known to frequent Southeast 82nd Avenue and an area near the Clackamans Town Center,' the source told Oregon Live. This is about a homeless shelter in Clackamans where LE did inquiries.

It seems to me a few of the cases are connected, but IMO not all six. IMO similarities are: Vulnerable women, struggling with homelessness or drug-abuse/mental health issues or any combination.

The girls didn't look alike. If I were to take the wildest guess, I'd think AR was his preferred type, while JS represented the archetype of the girls he kept feeling angry with, maybe starting in HS. Blunt trauma to head and neck? I wonder if she was taller than him, so he had to incapacitate her somehow (drugs) and attack from the back.

I also wonder if that barn had a few roads to get to it and he dumped her there planning to return if it was an abandoned place.
There's only 1 road to get to where she was left. Only 2 roads to that road.

I have another theory. Maybe, like other SK, he planned to return back, maybe even make his personal "site".

If the barn was abandoned and bought by a Colorado company, maybe as the site for potential project, but so far, just a parcel of land, and the perp was aware that here is a place with ownership but not in use, that might have looked like a promising dumping spot.
How would perp know that. ?

I don’t know the specific dead end either, nor do I know Ridgefield well, I just know it gets real rural real fast if you venture just outside of it to the east or northeast. And it’s just my impression of the other locations that they are similar in that sense.

There’s actually not much in terms of rural areas directly accessible via exits off I5 or 205 before Ridgefield. I had to look it up to verify this, but it’s the first exit beyond the Vancouver area.

You make a great point on how he would have known about the abandoned property. That could be a big piece of the puzzle
I think there are other exits that are also rural before where she was put, such as what is labeled lambert and Duluth and baker areas (not cities) on Google maps. I guess those have Ridgefield addresses. But again, why go farther and to a farther exit?

I think there are other exits that are also rural before where she was put, such as what is labeled lambert and Duluth and baker areas (not cities) on Google maps. I guess those have Ridgefield addresses. But again, why go farther and to a farther exit?
My bad, you are totally right. I didn’t look closely enough and got thrown by the Ridgefield addresses.

I’m not sure I understand the question - why go farther as in beyond Ridgefield, or why go as far as Ridgefield to begin with?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back