OR OR - Alissa McCrann, 37, Tigard, 19 Dec 2015

A lot of steep drop offs along these trails in the gorge. A mother just died after trying to rescue her son who fell off a 60 foot cliff at Horsetail Falls. After the initial fall, they fell a further 30 feet down a ravine. I have walked Multnomah falls all the way to Angel's Rest and if she was attempting that in snowy conditions, it would have been scary. I think it's really likely she fell some distance and is down a steep ravine. I really hope they can do some sort of extensive search this spring/summer or I don't think they will ever find her.

I did a Google search and I don't see any news after 31 January. Any locals know if they are doing any searches? With the weather as mild as it is now, though, I imagine there are a lot of people on the trail.

The last fb post is from 03 June, on her birthday. It says nothing about searches. Further updates regarding searches are announced but have not been posted yet.

The post before that is from March and mentions search dogs that apparently had some hits but no discoveries were made. It also mentions that they are planning to go back up within a month, but there are no updates in April or May. So I don't know if these searches happened or not.

I don't want to criticize but I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of updates.

https://www.facebook.com/findalissa/?fref=nf

I hope that some day the family will find her or will find out what happened to her.

August 20th and still no further news on the search for Alissa. I thought once the weather got nice the searchers would have an opportunity to reach some areas they were not able to search due to the snow. No mention of any recent search efforts.

The Facebook post in March said they're interested in some specific areas where Alissa could have become disoriented, which is consistent with what they are getting from the dogs. And the general area of interest is the Multnomah Falls basin. Being local I understand how huge that area is, and how frustrating it must be for everyone.

I wonder, being out in the cold for so long, improperly dressed for the weather, if she wasn't already hypothermic prior to being seen by the folks who spoke to her. IIRC, they said she was heading up the trail and they stopped and mentioned that she was at 3,000' elevation, not properly dressed, and I thought the time was more like 4:30 pm and already starting to get dark. In another half hour it would have been dark. And they then told her she needed to get down the trail.

Then, in running down the trail, perhaps became disoriented and took what she thought was a shortcut, got lost and sought some shelter. Anywhere to warm up which, in that state, may have been between some rocks, under dense foliage. Making it so much more difficult to find her.

I cannot imagine how her family must feel. So many questions and no answers. Horrible to not know where your loved one is.

Any new thoughts on this missing young lady?

Bump for Alissa. I think about her all the time. I really hope her son is OK.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Bump

I think of Alissa and her son who must be devastated, very often. I really hope she is found.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

It is, but it is also 15 months old. After that post there have been only a couple of updates on the page (last in Aug 2016), mentioning that a few more searches were conducted in summer last year. But since then the page has not been updated anymore.

I wonder whether they are still searching and if so, why no updates?

Her poor son too. Loses his mom AND his uncle...

Such a tragedy...on top of another tragedy. Losing two children. Just awful. Prayers for the whole family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back