OR OR - Alissa McCrann, 37, Tigard, 19 Dec 2015

So very sad. I can't even imagine the pain the family is going through.

:rose:

I was watching coverage of the Oregon wldfires in the Columbia River Gorge and thought of Alissa. If she is still there, I hope it reveals her and the family can get some closure.

I was watching coverage of the Oregon wldfires in the Columbia River Gorge and thought of Alissa. If she is still there, I hope it reveals her and the family can get some closure.

I am thinking the same thing.

I came back to check on this case. I would have if she wasn't far off the trail she would have been found by now. If someone is in the advance stages of hypothermia, though, they are not thinking rationally and there is no telling what they do or where they would go.

At this point, it seems she may not be found... how sad.

What happened to her missing person Facebook page? Did the person running it take it down? I think about her every time I go there or drive past.

I haven't read all of her thread yet but does anyone think this UID could be Alissa (WARNING Pics of the actual skeleton in thread): https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...5-Umpqua-River-near-Gardiner-1-Oct-2016/page4

Gardener - I saw your post on the other thread and I have to agree about the teeth - excellent sleuthing. I wonder if any friends or family on here know if Alissa had the "university of puget sound class of 2010" water bottle. From the personal affects found with this UID, that seems like it could help the most.

I haven't read all of her thread yet but does anyone think this UID could be Alissa (WARNING Pics of the actual skeleton in thread): https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...5-Umpqua-River-near-Gardiner-1-Oct-2016/page4

For Alissa's friends, here are some pictures of the Unidentified woman's personal items. Do any of these look familiar or like something she could have with her?

cache.php
cache.php
cache.php

cache.php
cache.php

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15871

Good work Gardener! I’m somewhat doubtful that this is Alissa because the skull was found two years ago and she disappeared just a little over two years ago. Would there only be a “degraded” skull and bones in such a relatively short time?

Also, Gardiner is quite far from Multnomah Falls where her car was found and where she was spotted on the trail. I always take sightings with a grain of salt, but combined with the car it seems likely to have been Alissa. So I’m doubtful that the car was planted there as a red herring, but anything is possible. I hope this woman will be identified and returned to her family. The publicity this has received is helpful. Thanks for leaving no stone unturned on Alissa’s behalf.

http://kval.com/news/local/you-can-see-this-girl-walking-down-the-street-but-who-was-she

Good work Gardener! I’m somewhat doubtful that this is Alissa because the skull was found two years ago and she disappeared just a little over two years ago. Would there only be a “degraded” skull and bones in such a relatively short time?

Also, Gardiner is quite far from Multnomah Falls where her car was found and where she was spotted on the trail. I always take sightings with a grain of salt, but combined with the car it seems likely to have been Alissa. So I’m doubtful that the car was planted there as a red herring, but anything is possible. I hope this woman will be identified and returned to her family. The publicity this has received is helpful. Thanks for leaving no stone unturned on Alissa’s behalf.

http://kval.com/news/local/you-can-see-this-girl-walking-down-the-street-but-who-was-she

Thanks for the feedback Lilibet. The UID was found in Oct 2016-- 11 months after Alissa went missing. I do agree it may be unlikely if Alissa was really the person seen on the trail.

Thanks for the feedback Lilibet. The UID was found in Oct 2016-- 11 months after Alissa went missing. I do agree it may be unlikely if Alissa was really the person seen on the trail.

Thanks for the Oct 2016 info, Gardener. I was lazily going by the two years mentioned in the link. Eleven months would be enough time for the bones to be found in that condition, I assume. I’m still hung up on the distance, car and sighting. But stranger things have happened and it will be an observant person like you who identifies this woman.

I was speaking about this area with my brother recently and he said there was forest fire in that general area this last summer or fall. I wonder if the burned off vegetation would make it easier to search now.

Feb 5, 2018

Oct 27, 2022

1693759209921.png

1693759234754.png

I personally think it could have been a kidnapping as it's not super rare in Portland. Things seem to happen there every day now. I used to go through all the portland police bureau's archives because I lived there as a kid, and every day there would be a page of the weirdest crimes, shootings. It never used to be like that. The area she was originally jogging in is considered the higher crime part of Portland. It seems the East is generally worse, and around Tabor Park a lot of things happen. I wouldn't be surprised if she was somehow kidnapped by gunpoint by a stranger. I went through a less specific version of the police bureau's archives, searching abduction/kidnapping on news sites and going 10 years back (because if she were to be a victim of this, I doubt they'd have only acted once). Not saying that she is, but I hope it's a possibility that the police looked into years ago. And I'm a little sketched out by the witnesses... I really do wonder who they are and if police analyzed them in case they were the perpetrators trying to lead the cops off a trail. Especially hearing that it was a 'couple'? Honestly I forgot what they had said, if it was couple or just two people seperately.

The weird part is that if it were foul play, there would have to be two cars, otherwise how would they leave her car there? I have seen a few cases where there are multiple people/cars. I found this kind of interesting
because it is basically around the block from where her last cell phone pinged, and two people were involved in the attempt. Otherwise my news searching didn't bring me any ah-ha moments, and to go through the police bureau archives themselves back to 2013-2023, it looks like I have to click next through every page for the whole ten years. Which I still want to do, but that's going to take a while.

Heck if it is foul play the person could not even be from Oregon or Portland so... but I just have a feeling that this was so unlike her, that it didn't make sense to me. And she wouldn't have stopped replying and shut her phone randomly. And going hiking during a flood in the winter... with no gear. No way. Doesn't make sense to me, sketches me out. I'm leering towards foul play. I am going to go through all of those archives and bookmark anything similar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back