OR OR - Alissa McCrann, 37, Tigard, 19 Dec 2015

Where are you Alissa?

It's been so cold and wet here in the Portland area lately. I would not want to be outside here overnight even if I had Goretex and polar fleece.

I hope someone is looking at her emails for any clues. I am very worried for her.

So far the last we have Alissa's phone activity is that the last 'communication' was as 10AM on Saturday. We don't whether that 'communication' was a text, FB post or phone call. The media report is not clear on that point. Whether that was a ping or not we don't know. As she drove down the highway, the phone should ping different towers even the owner is not texting or calling. So it isn't clear where the last ping was or at least what I've seen in the news.

Also, Alissa went running that morning and witnesses said she was trail running later? After putting in a run that morning and probably meeting with a running group on the next day - Sunday morning? Not saying she isn't that active, but I wonder about the witness sighting.

http://www.kgw.com/news/missing-portland-woman-sought-by-police/7342607

I am not map savvy, but I tried to add the new locations anyway. Does anyone know how to add notes in google maps? If we could do that, we could add times that we know of at each location.

Somewhere I saw a good map of the Franklin Ridge loop trail. I'll look back in case it was here, otherwise I'll find it and link it.

Two people believe they talked to Alissa as she headed down the trail about 3:00 pm Saturday. It doesn't make sense that she had no contact with anyone by phone after 10:00 a.m. but was out on a trail miles from home at 3:00 pm. Is there something we haven't been told about her plans that day? Otherwise, I hope LE is looking closely at these two people. It just seems too convenient that her car was found and two people may have talked to her in an area no one knew she would be. However, witness sightings are often mistaken and subject to power of suggestion, so it could be an innocent coincidence. JMO

Lt. Steve Alexander, a Multnomah County Sheriff's spokesman, said 2 people on the trail believe they saw and talked briefly with McCrann on a trail near the falls on Franklin Ridge at 3 p.m. Saturday. She was wearing running gear.
"They said they conversed with her and then she headed back down the trail and they lost sight of her,'' Alexander said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...ound_search_resumes_near_mul.html#incart_2box

I am not map savvy, but I tried to add the new locations anyway. Does anyone know how to add notes in google maps? If we could do that, we could add times that we know of at each location.

Somewhere I saw a good map of the Franklin Ridge loop trail. I'll look back in case it was here, otherwise I'll find it and link it.

I haven't found a way to add notes in google maps but it could be that I just don't know where to look? In lieu of the notes on the map, perhaps we could create a timeline corresponding to the map?

So far the last we have Alissa's phone activity is that the last 'communication' was as 10AM on Saturday. We don't whether that 'communication' was a text, FB post or phone call. The media report is not clear on that point.

My understanding about the communication, based on posts on the Missing: Alissa McCrann facebook page is that:
1. She made a facebook post sometime after 10am on Saturday (I believe Nistka confirmed this above)
2. Her phone last pinged on Cascade Ave in Tigard. This was included in the first posts on the facebook page, but I have not seen it mentioned at all in media reports.
3. One of her friends commented on the facebook page that he was messaging with her Saturday morning and her last response was at 11:22 am (I believe).

My understanding about the communication, based on posts on the Missing: Alissa McCrann facebook page is that:
1. She made a facebook post sometime after 10am on Saturday (I believe Nistka confirmed this above)
2. Her phone last pinged on Cascade Ave in Tigard. This was included in the first posts on the facebook page, but I have not seen it mentioned at all in media reports.
3. One of her friends commented on the facebook page that he was messaging with her Saturday morning and her last response was at 11:22 am (I believe).

On #2, I missed where they said the phone had a 'ping' on Cascade Ave. There is a 21 Dec post on FB at 3:50 that says the last communication was 10AM on Saturday. It says that post was traced to Cascade Ave. But I've yet to hear the media or LE say they have Alissa's ping records. I know I'm being picky, but the media doesn't say that was a ping or she posted something on FB at 10AM and mentioned that area or she sent a text prior to that with a photo of that area. They use words like 'activity' and 'communication' and that could mean phone call, text, FB post or a ping. I have yet to hear if LE has her complete phone history from the cell provider.

Two people believe they talked to Alissa as she headed down the trail about 3:00 pm Saturday. It doesn't make sense that she had no contact with anyone by phone after 10:00 a.m. but was out on a trail miles from home at 3:00 pm. Is there something we haven't been told about her plans that day? Otherwise, I hope LE is looking closely at these two people. It just seems too convenient that her car was found and two people may have talked to her in an area no one knew she would be. However, witness sightings are often mistaken and subject to power of suggestion, so it could be an innocent coincidence. JMO

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...ound_search_resumes_near_mul.html#incart_2box

So now they have witnesses that talked to her. At 3:00 PM. That is less than 2 hours before sundown which brings a drop in temperature. Plus being in the mountains, unless you are on the west side of a mountain, that darkness and cold can come about even quicker in the winter. This doesn't sound right for someone that grew up there and has hiked the trails before.

On Wednesday, investigators said they got tip from some hikers who believe they saw McCrann trail running on Saturday. She was not dressed or prepared for an extended stay in the cold and snow, they said.

Could be a case of mistaken identity. If she was out and about and posting on FB as if all is normal then I think suicide is highly unlikely. Afraid it is either an abduction or she became injured and could not get help. Is the Cascade area a pretty safe area? If she was bringing packages to her car, maybe she was abducted there?

Could be a case of mistaken identity. If she was out and about and posting on FB as if all is normal then I think suicide is highly unlikely. Afriad it is either an abduction or she became injured and could not get help. Is the Cascade area a pretty safe area? If she was bringing packages to her car, maybe she was abducted there?

bbm - unfortunately I have to disagree with that. Leanne Bearden made calls to set up job interviews in the hours before going out "for a walk" and hanging herself. She casually said Good Bye to her husband and said she'll be back in an hour. She was completely normal - all her pain was locked up inside. I have read this many times here in WS. Suicidal people oftentimes show absolutely nothing on the outside, talk normally with family and friends, make plans, etc.

bbm - unfortunately I have to disagree with that. Leanne Bearden made calls to set up job interviews in the hours before going out "for a walk" and hanging herself. She casually said Good Bye to her husband and said she'll be back in an hour. She was completely normal - all her pain was locked up inside. I have read this many times here in WS. Suicidal people oftentimes show absolutely nothing on the outside, talk normally with family and friends, make plans, etc.

You are absolutely right Elainera. I learned a lot from Leanne Bearden and others. After following too many cases ending in suicide on WS, it's my first thought...and yet, it's never what we want to think. But sadly, it can't be dismissed as a possibility. At this point, all theories need to be on the table. :( JMO

True and the holidays, especially Christmas, are a difficult time for many.

I sure hope Alissa is not suicidal and is somehow alive and well, although it does look pretty bleak after 5 days :(

She seems like a very nice lady.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back