Found Deceased OR - Ashley Real, 22, last seen at fast food restaurant, Portland, 27 Mar 2023

SEP 15, 2023
[...]

AH, sister of JoAnna, and MS, mother of Kristin, say they haven’t heard much from investigators about where their individual cases stand.

“[We’re] just continuing our slow investigations and reporting back to my detective everything we find out,” AH said.

“I haven’t had any updates from detectives,” MS said. “I know they’re keeping everything pretty close to the vest and working hard.”

[...]

In the meantime, the families will be holding a barbecue fundraiser at Happy Valley Park on Sept. 23.

[...]

AH and MS said the money raised will go to the families, but they’re also inviting community organizations out to the barbecue to help make people aware of their services. They will be handing out information on where those who are experiencing addiction, homelessness, or maybe trapped in sex trafficking can go to get help. They want the barbecue to be a chance to put a face to the dangers that young people face on the streets.

“On the streets, these people, persons whomever it is targeting these young vulnerable young women, getting them hooked on fentanyl, sex trafficking, doing all of this, and getting away with it, and then bodies just coming up missing and nobody cares,” MS said. “Nobody is doing anything about it. ‘Oh, she was on drugs, oh she was homeless’, but was she? Because I’ll tell you what, my daughter was not. She was a victim of this.”

[...]

MAY 13, 2024
[...]

A person of interest in connection with the killings, Jesse Lee Calhoun, is jailed on a parole violation and could be released next month. The convicted felon had his sentence commuted in 2021 by then-Gov. Kate Brown for helping battle wildfires while imprisoned for burglary, car theft and assaulting an officer.

NewsNation spoke with the mothers of the women, who share a bond they never hoped to have.

[...]

There are indications of progress despite authorities’ silence.

“I think we all feel we are there,” a mother said. “We are at the end of this finish line. It is going to happen.”

Spent today in tunnels and abandoned houses near Portland, Oregon looking into a potential serial killer. Appreciate the victims moms taking me to all the sites. They are very strong as they wait for justice for their girls. Full story tonight on @NewsNation at 10pmET.

So there's a potential SECOND serial killer on the loose in Portland? The guy they arrested might be responsible for a few deaths, do I have that correct?

1/3 I interviewed the girlfriend of the person of interest in the Portland, Oregon serial killings. Krista Sinor told me Jesse Calhoun would write “*advertiser censored*” and “*advertiser censored*” on her body during sex and that they had “rules” for the bedroom and he would throw her on the bed.

2/3 Krista says Calhoun knew at least two of the victims. While she says she is suspicious and believes he may have been involved in the deaths, she also says she has a hard time seeing him in that way. She says she is conflicted.

3/3 While I was in her apartment, I noticed a pile of men’s clothing. She told me the clothing belongs to Jesse. She is keeping his stuff in case he gets out of jail. She says “the whole thing has been confusing.”

1/3 I interviewed the girlfriend of the person of interest in the Portland, Oregon serial killings. Krista Sinor told me Jesse Calhoun would write “*advertiser censored*” and “*advertiser censored*” on her body during sex and that they had “rules” for the bedroom and he would throw her on the bed.

2/3 Krista says Calhoun knew at least two of the victims. While she says she is suspicious and believes he may have been involved in the deaths, she also says she has a hard time seeing him in that way. She says she is conflicted.

3/3 While I was in her apartment, I noticed a pile of men’s clothing. She told me the clothing belongs to Jesse. She is keeping his stuff in case he gets out of jail. She says “the whole thing has been confusing.”

She's living in denial or they do not have the right guy.
I wish there was more info on this case.

MAY 17, 2024
Jesse Lee Calhoun, the person of interest in the deaths of several local women in 2023, was indicted Friday on murder charges for three deaths.

According to the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office, Calhoun is accused of murdering Charity Lynn Perry, 24, Bridget Leanne Webster, 31, and Joanna Speaks, 32.

[...]

Investigations into the deaths of Kristin Smith and Ashley Real are ongoing. The death of a sixth woman previously included in the investigation was ruled as not a homicide.

[...]

MAY 17, 2024
Calhoun is being held at the Snake River Correctional Institute in Ontario, where he’s been serving the second half of a four-year sentence in a burglary and car theft case dating back to 2019. His punishment was cut short in 2021, when then-Gov. Kate Brown commuted his and 40 other prisoners’ sentences as thanks for serving as volunteer firefighters. Brown made expansive use of her pardon powers, freeing more than 1,000 people during her administration.

Calhoun’s early release was conditional — and subject to revocation if he violated his release terms. Yet it’s unclear how closely authorities monitored Calhoun. While a county spokesperson said Calhoun reported to his probation officer as required, Real, who later died, told Portland police he attacked and strangled her in November 2022. The alleged attack was never referred to the district attorney’s office for prosecution, and Calhoun hasn’t been charged in Real’s death. Calhoun’s ex-girlfriend also said that Calhoun had at one time a sexual relationship with Real.

MAY 17, 2024
Calhoun is being held at the Snake River Correctional Institute in Ontario, where he’s been serving the second half of a four-year sentence in a burglary and car theft case dating back to 2019. His punishment was cut short in 2021, when then-Gov. Kate Brown commuted his and 40 other prisoners’ sentences as thanks for serving as volunteer firefighters. Brown made expansive use of her pardon powers, freeing more than 1,000 people during her administration.

Calhoun’s early release was conditional — and subject to revocation if he violated his release terms. Yet it’s unclear how closely authorities monitored Calhoun. While a county spokesperson said Calhoun reported to his probation officer as required, Real, who later died, told Portland police he attacked and strangled her in November 2022. The alleged attack was never referred to the district attorney’s office for prosecution, and Calhoun hasn’t been charged in Real’s death. Calhoun’s ex-girlfriend also said that Calhoun had at one time a sexual relationship with Real.

It sounds like they let him self monitor and check in that's it. No GPS monitoring, no phone app, nada.

How old is the suspect? Maybe I am missing it, but in the recent articles they list the ages of the victims, but never his age. I'm just curious if he was close in age to the women he killed, or some pervert who hung out with people half his age.

How old is the suspect? Maybe I am missing it, but in the recent articles they list the ages of the victims, but never his age. I'm just curious if he was close in age to the women he killed, or some pervert who hung out with people half his age.
He's 39 per this article.

Calhoun is currently at Snake River Correctional Institution. He will finish his time there and in June, he will be transferred to the custody of Multnomah County for arraignment on the indicted charges.

Offender Name: Calhoun, Jesse Lee
Earliest Release Date: 06/07/2024+

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loria4mi5