OR OR - Brian Page, 16, Salem, 12 Jan 1975

Discussion in '1970's Missing' started by Shannon7, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Jet50

Jet50 New Member

I truly think Brian is in the water or possibly off road but in that stretch from party to home... I think they should hang new flyers and have people search... it's time for answers for this family...

Satch likes this.
  2. CipherHuntingFamily

CipherHuntingFamily New Member

I came across Brian's missing person information and am so struck by it. Like someone said earlier, the Willamette River is the largest body of water in Salem and it flows north to Portland. I have grown up here since the mid 80's and we have an several floods and droughts and the river has been dredged a few times for the ferry that is just north of Salem and for a boat called the Willamette Queen. I would think that it the VW would have been discovered. The other thing that Salem has are several quarries filled with water that are very deep. The state stocks most of them, I wonder if they have ever been looked into.

carbuff and Satch like this.
  3. CipherHuntingFamily

I also want to point out that the last few years, Detroit Lake has been at its lowest levels. So low that they recently found artifacts from a town that use to be there. In 2016 the lake was drained to its lowest level in 46 years. The Statesman Journal wrote several articles on what was found, they can easily be found online.

carbuff likes this.
  4. CipherHuntingFamily

This is what I found in the newspaper dated Jan 13, 1975. David stole a 1973 Laguna from 605 Commercial St NE and was spotted driving the wrong way on Commercial at Chemeketa St NE about 6:15am., when police tried to stop him, he fled in the car North on Commercial still going the wrong way on the one-way st. The chase turned around at Market St and continued back downtown on Commercial, this time heading with traffic. David was arrested at Commercial & Chemeketa, right where it started.

Also in the newspaper on the same page, were 2 other accidents. 1 in Salem that occurred in South Salem on Liberty road south that sent 5 people to the hospital at 2:15am. No cause of crash, they collided head on.

The 2nd accident occurred in McMinnville, OR which is about a 30 to 40 min drive NW of Salem. A McMinnville woman was killed and another fatally injured in a collision on ice early Sunday morning on Whiteson Bridge south of McMinnville.
    I looked on a map and the Whiteson bridge goes over the South Yamhill River.

We know it was cold enough that ice would be on bridges and overpasses. Portland had a low of 31 degrees and Salem had a low of 35 degrees and the Willamette River was at 19.6 feet.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    carbuff and TheArtfulDetective like this.
  5. CipherHuntingFamily

Something else I don't think anyone has mentioned yet, old VW Bugs can float. I googled it and I found they can float for about 40 minutes, that is a shocking amount of time. The Willamette River was at 19.6 feet and the Wheatland Ferry was on dry dock for its 5 year inspection and repair, so that wouldn't be a barrier. The Wheatland Ferry is located roughly 15 miles north of Salem.

carbuff likes this.
  6. CipherHuntingFamily

Are we allowed to post links?
    I found this abandoned VW bug on a website for hikers.

Rooster Rock Wagon Road Hike - Hiking in Portland, Oregon and Washington
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its about 28 miles East of Portland off of I-84. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for him to drive that way. I also have no idea how long the VW bug has been there and I also don't know the year of the vehicle.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    wmm85 and carbuff like this.
  7. GirlMarlowe

GirlMarlowe New Member

Bump! Great info, Ciper!