Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

Doe Project's new website has an update on Annie Doe.

'“Annie Doe” (State of Oregon Cold Case from 1971) has undergone one round of sequencing. However, the DNA results were too degraded to upload to GEDmatch. Her best hope at this point is to try to extract more DNA from remaining bone. This will require a new round of fundraising to cover both the extraction and a new round of sequencing.'

Dang :( let's hope the next sequencing works out better.

Annie Doe - DNA Doe Project Cases

Thanks for the update.
OT: Marzi, I adore your profile picture!

Doe Project's new website has an update on Annie Doe.

'“Annie Doe” (State of Oregon Cold Case from 1971) has undergone one round of sequencing. However, the DNA results were too degraded to upload to GEDmatch. Her best hope at this point is to try to extract more DNA from remaining bone. This will require a new round of fundraising to cover both the extraction and a new round of sequencing.'

Dang :( let's hope the next sequencing works out better.

Annie Doe - DNA Doe Project Cases

I wonder how much money they will need?

I’m hoping they try her again. They should probably post about her for Doe Fund Me, or just make a large post on the Facebook page. Maybe some more reconstructions or a giant post about her case. Does she have a Facebook page (or do any of us have a giant General one to raise awareness)? We should be looking down so many different avenues.

You got to hand it to the DDP crew and their persistence!

I've tried to spread information + attention via various social media, especially my Fb page, which have a considerable large following, but these particular posts aren't even close to reach out to same amount of people like an average post about nothing, I'm afraid :(

When that is said, I haven't really seen that many academic or science pages posting about the science of DNA and genealogy to identify does, which should actually be right up their alley.

I’m hoping they try her again. They should probably post about her for Doe Fund Me, or just make a large post on the Facebook page. Maybe some more reconstructions or a giant post about her case. Does she have a Facebook page (or do any of us have a giant General one to raise awareness)? We should be looking down so many different avenues.

My feeling is they will probably try again when they have lots of leftover donations from a 'high profile' doe case like EDJD

Hi my name is Bethany. I’m best known online as Duchess of the moon. I was doing research for a documentary series I’ve been working on about unsolved crimes and creepy things in Oregon.

That’s when
I came across Annie Doe a few months ago and I’ve never had a case hit me as hard as this one. I’ve lived in Oregon for the last past 20 years and never knew about this Jane Doe.

To try to get the word out to bring Annie home I painted a watercolor portrait of her in my own style and entered it into my country fair with the information on the picture hoping that maybe someone would recognize her!

There’s something about Annie that makes my heart hurt so much for her! And after reading all 27 pages here I can see how many other people care about Annie as much as I do.

Attachments

• 0D9145B5-1448-4028-838E-D8AEA1DE4968.jpeg
    0D9145B5-1448-4028-838E-D8AEA1DE4968.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 43
  • D627C1B1-0B10-42D7-A22A-8A049E7895E9.jpeg
    D627C1B1-0B10-42D7-A22A-8A049E7895E9.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 46
Hi my name is Bethany. I’m best known online as Duchess of the moon. I was doing research for a documentary series I’ve been working on about unsolved crimes and creepy things in Oregon.

That’s when
I came across Annie Doe a few months ago and I’ve never had a case hit me as hard as this one. I’ve lived in Oregon for the last past 20 years and never knew about this Jane Doe.

To try to get the word out to bring Annie home I painted a watercolor portrait of her in my own style and entered it into my country fair with the information on the picture hoping that maybe someone would recognize her!

There’s something about Annie that makes my heart hurt so much for her! And after reading all 27 pages here I can see how many other people care about Annie as much as I do.

Hey there! I live in Oregon too! Where in Oregon are you? I’m in Portland, getting ready to move to Happy Valley!

According to Margaret Press, some of the award money rewarded to the Apache Junction Police Department will go to fund Annie Doe's new DNA extraction :)

AJPD is donating the money to other Does whose agencies cannot afford the tests. We're applying some of the funds to Annie Doe so we can move forward on bone extraction.

(the quote is taken from the comment section)

Sylvia Torgow?

MI - MI - Sylvia Torgow, 18, Plymouth, 17 Sept 1970

Missing Person Case

Thumbnail
404UFOR15_LARGE.jpg

Sylvia's features definitely resemble the reconstruction closely, minus blond hair instead of auburn. I wish there were more information about Sylvia online; she seems so young to be in jail, with multiple known aliases. Interestingly, I can find absolutely no reference to her at other sources. There are prominent Torgows in both Michigan and Florida, but no reference to Sylvia. Is it possible that Sylvia Torgow was her married name, or yet another alias? I considered the possibility of Sylvia Campbell, the most similar to her own name, but I didn't really have any luck with that, either. I assume most, if not all, of the other names were associated with her credit card fraud.

Update from DDP:

DNA Doe Project

Annie Doe is undergoing new extraction from bone. Funds were raised to cover this cost, and we’re making progress on the sequencing funds that will be needed next. She has a button on our website for donations or if you can find her post here, Facebook accepts donations on her behalf (and they’re good about mailing us checks with no fees taken out.) When we’ve reached that goal her buttons will be removed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back