PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

Identified! OR - Coos County, skeletal remains in coast dunes, Oct'10 - Edward Stutesman

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Texas Mist, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Texas Mist

Texas Mist Retired WS Staff

The Coos County Sheriff's and Medical Examiner's offices are investigating what are believed to be human remains found in the Dunes National Recreation area Friday night.
    A Coos County Sheriff's Office dunes patrol deputy and Sgt. Dave Hermann found the remains again just before 9 a.m. Saturday. The Medical Examiner's Office with the assistance of sheriff's deputies confirmed and recovered the skeletal remains, which appeared to be several years old.

They are being examined in a lab in hope of identifying them.

more here

http://www.theworldlink.com/news/local/article_a2b6a8f6-6794-5a69-a347-09f3067f9c36.html

2. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

5 hours South of Portland on the coast...hhhuuummmmm.

3. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

Sorry, didn't catch the "appears to be several years old" part.

4. Texas Mist

5. Claudette

Claudette Alouette, je te plumerai

If they are skeletal remains then how can they say it wasn't murder? Evidence of murder doesn't always show on the bones.

6. webrocket

webrocket New Member

there is a neck bone, I think it is called the hyoid bone, which usually indicates if a victim had been strangled. people who are stabbed often have a mark on bone ditto those who have been shot.

so if this UID was murdered, it was either none of these methods or none that were revealed on the skeleton itself.

7. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

I am racking my brain trying to think of missing people in that area and am not coming up with anyone. :waitasec:

8. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Also, the clothing can be revealing. Large blood stains or holes in the clothing from stab wounds or bullet holes would be indicative of homicide. Broken bones or skull fractures would also tell a story.

The position or location of the bones might provide evidence as well (assuming that animals had not yet scattered them around). Was the skeleton in an unnatural position? Was it hidden in foliage?

Of course the absence of any of these does not rule-out foul play, but they can still say that "foul play is not suspected at this juncture". They can always revise that comment if they receive additional info.

9. cutegirltoo

cutegirltoo New Member

OLD missing- circa 1986
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1393dmor.html

One of my "pet" cases.

10. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

There aren't very many listed MP's with DLC's from 2003 forward who went missing within 100 miles of Horsfall Beach.

I found only one from the within 100 miles. Florence is about 50 miles from Horsfall Beach.

Salvatore Richard Carrozzo
    [​IMG]
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/carrozzo_salvatore.html

Eugene, OR is a little over 100 miles away, and I count six adults from 2003 forward

If you want to go back to 1996, Daniel Trojanek was from North Bend. That about 5 miles away.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4336dmor.html

11. tatertot

tatertot Member

12. Texas Mist

13. mommy23

mommy23 There is no original thought....

While I really hope there was no foul play, I am familiar to this area, and wonder how does one get there without being placed there? I guess walking in? But why? Maybe animal moved, but it was semi intact right? hmmmm pondering......