GUILTY OR - David, 61, & Marilyn Jondle, 58, murdered, Dallas, 31 Aug 2010

An interesting blog post from a person who visited the Jondle farm to learn how to best slaughter a chicken. I'm a vegetarian and have a hard time with anything to do with raising animals for food but if you're going to do it, the Jondles did it right.

http://desperatelyseekingsalem.com/2009/09/11/chicken-run/

This is a bit odd as it was posted in Sept. 2009 and mentions two Jondle sons and a 9 year old daughter. Possibly a niece or a granddaughter?

Gosh, after reading that description of the chicken slaughter, it seems like bashing your father and mother with a pipe and a scythe is sort of tame.

It seems the two sons are probably Drew and the other one who lives in Salem who is attending nursing school. I don't know who the daughter that is mentioned is. There is no other indication anywhere that they had a daughter.

I wonder if they had a foster daughter for a period of time? They mention living in a tent trailer for 5-6 months with the three boys as they were trained to farm, 10 years ago. I've located the eldest brother and the one in Salem but nothing about a girl. It could just have been a neighbor's child. The oldest son might have a daughter but I haven't seen mention of that.

My daughter-by-marriage has a rule for herself--if she can't kill it, she won't eat it. She can kill chickens so she eats them. As far as I can go is an egg.

I do understand, though, that the Jondles were doing amazing things with their farm. Three of my adult children are chefs and are very involved in supporting sustainable farming practices. It's not my way, but I highly respect the Jondles dedication.

I don't think we've seen this update:

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/art...to-seek-death-penalty-in-Polk-County-slayings

Video: Prosecutors to seek death penalty in Polk County slayings

"Polk County prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty for a man accused of killing his parents on their Dallas-area organic farm.

The accused, 20-year-old Andrew Jondle, was formally charged in their deaths this afternoon in Polk County Circuit Court. He faces two counts of aggravated murder, two counts of murder and two counts of burglary. He was lodged in the Polk County Jail without bail.

His parents David Scott Jondle, 61, and Marilyn Jondle, 58, were found dead Tuesday morning at their farm at 16055 Gilliam Road, about three miles south of Dallas....."

More at link--including photos and video

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...-appears-in-court/edy6nendGkGflA59PKRyMg.cspx

"...Two of Andrew Jondle's neighbors Tuesday described him abnormally.

"He didn't say things that are normal," said David Powell. "He's a really weird guy."

Neighbor Willie Lee characterized Jondle as having emotionless "shark eyes."

"When he looked at you there was no happy, no sad--it wasn't mad--it was just blank, empty stare."

and

"....The Jondles have three sons, Andrew, "L" and "W", according to their site."

more at link

I know what I'm thinking but I'll just wait a day or so and see if it plays out.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...jondle-and-the-gruesome-oregon-family-murder/

".....It was Andrew who seemed most likely to follow in his folks’ footsteps, says Nelson. The boy often accompanied his father to the Salem Public Market to hawk the farm’s goods. He was helpful, friendly, intelligent and polite—if a little socially awkward..."

“He lacked a lot of social skills being out on the farm, and didn’t have a lot of kids to play with,” says Nelson. “He had a hard time communicating. He’d sometimes stand next to me for 10 minutes, without saying a word. I’d go ‘What’s the matter?’ And he’d go "I just don’t know what to say."

and

"...How Beck and Andrew met and why they wound up together is a puzzle, says Wolfe, but it appears they got to know each other in the neighborhood. She spent time at other residences in the vicinity of the Jondle farm. The romance did not sit well with Scott and Marilyn...."

Lots more info as to the discord over the relationship, the crime, and the confession.

He doesn't have to be mentally ill to do something like this though. It could be just what it is and he murdered them to rob from them. He may have even thought he would inherit the farm or a part of it if they were out of the way.

IMO

I don't know whether or not mental illness is involved in this. But, I think given the indicators, it is certainly worth exploring and not out of the realm of possibility.

I don't know whether or not mental illness is involved in this. But, I think given the indicators, it is certainly worth exploring and not out of the realm of possibility.

I agree. It is explored more often when children murder their parents in cold blood and if a woman murders their spouse/SO/or children. I don't see it explored when an adult male murders their spouse/SO or their children though.

Being a social misfit however doesn't rise to the level of criminally insane imo.

Many people including young adults are withdrawn without social skills but the vast majority of these individuals do not become murderers.

IMO

I agree. It is explored more often when children murder their parents in cold blood and if a woman murders their spouse/SO/or children. I don't see it explored when an adult male murders their spouse/SO or their children though.

Being a social misfit however doesn't rise to the level of criminally insane imo.

Many people including young adults are withdrawn without social skills but the vast majority of these individuals do not become murderers.

IMO

Ah, now criminally insane is different thing. I think that the boy may have some mental issues. Do I think he is criminally insane? No. Not based on what I have seen so far. I'm not suggesting that if he has some mental illness, he should be given a pass. Not by a long shot. It's merely interesting to explore whether there was anything that could have foretold of the coming disaster. Certainly, if there are some mental issues involved, there needs to be appropriate treatment, while he is in prison.

I also think it is just as likely that he is a spoiled child who had no problem taking what he wanted. I am interested to see what additional information comes from his brothers. Was there prior mental illness? Was there prior violent behavior within the family? Just how did he get hooked up with that woman, whom I definitely feel was the catalyst and driving force in this.

He doesn't have to be mentally ill to do something like this though. It could be just what it is and he murdered them to rob from them. He may have even thought he would inherit the farm or a part of it if they were out of the way.

IMO

You're right Oceanblueeyes.
He doesn't have to be mentally ill.
We're always looking for an understanding/reasoning to horrific crimes that we ourselves can deal with or understand.

Sometimes it is what it is: Premeditated murder for monetary gain

-son Andrew Jondle 20 faces two counts of aggravated murder, two counts of murder and two counts of burglary. No bail.

-DA states he would seek the death penalty for Andrew Jondle.

-Andrew admits to LE that he and girlfriend started discussing and planning the murders of his parents on 8/29/10 and to take money and jewelery to pay the rent

-credit cards of the victims were found at Andrew and Girlfriend Cindy's house

-girlfriend, Cindy Lou Beck 46,
faces two counts of conspiracy to commit aggravated murder and one count of hindering prosecution. Her bail was set at $1 million,

-Beck also faces allegations that she helped plan the killings and then hid Andrew’s bloody clothes afterward.

-Beck tells LE that both her and Andrew were hoping that they were hoping that they would inherit the farm after the murders

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/art...to-seek-death-penalty-in-Polk-County-slayings

Ah, now criminally insane is different thing. I think that the boy may have some mental issues. Do I think he is criminally insane? No. Not based on what I have seen so far. I'm not suggesting that if he has some mental illness, he should be given a pass. Not by a long shot. It's merely interesting to explore whether there was anything that could have foretold of the coming disaster. Certainly, if there are some mental issues involved, there needs to be appropriate treatment, while he is in prison.

I also think it is just as likely that he is a spoiled child who had no problem taking what he wanted. I am interested to see what additional information comes from his brothers. Was there prior mental illness? Was there prior violent behavior within the family? Just how did he get hooked up with that woman, whom I definitely feel was the catalyst and driving force in this.

BBM

Doctors have been looking for those predictors for decades and still cannot determine who will kill and who will not.

I do agree he chose this woman over his parents but I think he is the one that planned to do this all on his own.

I don't know how he met this woman.

I don't understand why men or women want to hook up with someone much older than them but they do it.

IMO

IMO

My bold above
Isn't that the truth!!

BBM

Doctors have been looking for those predictors for decades and still cannot determine who will kill and who will not.

I do agree he chose this woman over his parents but I think he is the one that planned to do this all on his own.

I don't know how he met this woman.

I don't understand why men or women want to hook up with someone much older than them but they do it.

IMO

I'm not lessening his part in this in any way, but I do feel it may have been the woman's idea and I also suspect she pushed him to do it. Could be way off base, but something I read gave me this suspicion. He was absolutely responsible for his actions, but she was in this up to her neck. They planned it together and she knew what he was going to do. It was pretty clear that she was pushing him for money. She has a criminal history, one of the convictions being criminal mistreatment. I suspect she put him up to it or possibly bullied him into it. I would really like to see some interviews with his brothers. That may give us a much clearer understanding of the situation.

Belinda--I wanted to address your comment about getting treatment while incarcerated. I wish that were so. We have a young male RSO in our family who was a one pound preemie survivor, abandoned for 7 months at a hospital, witnessed a gang murder in a Los Angeles foster home at age 3, was adopted by us at age 4, raped and sodomized by our neighbor's teen at age 9, and attempted to rape another teen in his special ed class at age 18. He has been on serious psychotropic medications all his life due to extreme anxiety and OCD which hamper any sort of normal life. He talks extremely fast, his mind races, he "flaps". He walks on his toes. He spent 14 years in special education and has an IQ around 75.

When he broke a rule of his probation; not attending treatment, he was sent to state prison for a year. No meds, no therapy .....whatsoever. I realize that he needs to address his offending but he's so stuck on the murder he witnessed and his own abuse, his mind will not focus. There simply is no treatment available. We inquired all the way up to our state senator and the only inmates who can participate in therapy sessions have to have it court ordered. We were told that because of budget cuts, it rarely happens.

Of course, Drew needs to pay dearly for his heinous crimes. The discussion of mental illness or competency is all speculation at this point on our part. I just wanted to point out that many people falsely believe that prisoners with mental illness are treated in prison. That is not often the case, at least in my experience.

To refuse a person medications which they need to function, is cruel to my mind. Would we refuse a prisoner their insulin?

Missizzy - I am so thankful for your insights on here. I know virtually zero about prisons. I don't understand what prisoners do or don't get or even what they should or shouldn't get. We hear about 3 hots and a cot, but I don't think it is that simple or that easy. Life in prison is no bowl of cherries from any solid information I have ever heard. I think there are many misconceptions about prison. I would think it would benefit the prison to have their prisoners appropriately medicated so as to lessen mental illness caused behavior issues. By what you are saying, that doesn't happen. That makes no sense to me.

Belinda--I wanted to address your comment about getting treatment while incarcerated. I wish that were so. We have a young male RSO in our family who was a one pound preemie survivor, abandoned for 7 months at a hospital, witnessed a gang murder in a Los Angeles foster home at age 3, was adopted by us at age 4, raped and sodomized by our neighbor's teen at age 9, and attempted to rape another teen in his special ed class at age 18. He has been on serious psychotropic medications all his life due to extreme anxiety and OCD which hamper any sort of normal life. He talks extremely fast, his mind races, he "flaps". He walks on his toes. He spent 14 years in special education and has an IQ around 75.

When he broke a rule of his probation; not attending treatment, he was sent to state prison for a year. No meds, no therapy .....whatsoever. I realize that he needs to address his offending but he's so stuck on the murder he witnessed and his own abuse, his mind will not focus. There simply is no treatment available. We inquired all the way up to our state senator and the only inmates who can participate in therapy sessions have to have it court ordered. We were told that because of budget cuts, it rarely happens.

Of course, Drew needs to pay dearly for his heinous crimes. The discussion of mental illness or competency is all speculation at this point on our part. I just wanted to point out that many people falsely believe that prisoners with mental illness are treated in prison. That is not often the case, at least in my experience.

To refuse a person medications which they need to function, is cruel to my mind. Would we refuse a prisoner their insulin?

I don't know how they treat prisoners in a juvenile institution but there it seems to be more about punishment and rehabilitation because they will be coming out in society when they reach the age limit.

But when adults are incarcerated in prison it is about serving out the punishment received and if these inmates are in for life or on death row there is no reason for rehabilitation.

Although lately in recent trials many of the incarcerated while waiting for trial have had therapy and are under some type of medications. I would think those who are under a doctor's care would continue to take their meds once they are imprisoned. Right of the top of my head I remember that Melissa Huckaby and the guy that killed his own son that he thought had molested his daughter, was on meds and there have been others but their names escape me at the moment.

I do agree if meds can help the inmate be a better inmate then the prison system should see they have it. Not only for the prisoners sake but for the guards that are constantly having to deal with them.

IMO

I'm not lessening his part in this in any way, but I do feel it may have been the woman's idea and I also suspect she pushed him to do it. Could be way off base, but something I read gave me this suspicion. He was absolutely responsible for his actions, but she was in this up to her neck. They planned it together and she knew what he was going to do. It was pretty clear that she was pushing him for money. She has a criminal history, one of the convictions being criminal mistreatment. I suspect she put him up to it or possibly bullied him into it. I would really like to see some interviews with his brothers. That may give us a much clearer understanding of the situation.

I really think if LE had any evidence of that they would have charged her with conspiracy to commit murder.

IMO

snip

They both appeared in court for the first time Thursday. Jondle faces two counts of aggravated murder. Beck was charged with two counts of conspiracy to commit aggravated murder.

From Missizzy's link:

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...-appears-in-court/edy6nendGkGflA59PKRyMg.cspx

Oh my bad.:blushing: I am sorry, I didn't know that. When I watched Nancy's show three days ago, I thought she said she had been arrested for obstruction.

But now that I know, I am not surprised. Usually when these young people murder their parents or the parents of their BF/GF both are in on it.

Thanks for the correction.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain