OR OR - Deborah Tomlinson, 16, Creswell, 16 Oct 1973

March 26 2019
Colorado Cold Case Reopened
"GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) - GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) - Police in a western Colorado city have reopened an investigation into an unsolved 1975 homicide.

The Daily Sentinel reports that the Grand Junction Police Department is "actively investigating" the 1975 murder of 19-year-old Deborah Tomlinson.

Police say Tomlinson's body was found Dec. 27 following numerous unanswered phone calls to her apartment in the city 243 miles (391 kilometers) west of Denver.

Police say Tomlinson was found partially clothed in the bathtub of the apartment, where she had been bound, sexually assaulted and strangled."

Grand Junction Police Investigating Cold Case Homicide From 1975
"When the manager entered the apartment with a master key, he discovered the body of 19-year-old Deborah Tomlinson. A bedroom window was open, and the toilet was running"
"If you do have information that could help in the investigation you are asked to contact Corporal Brand Ludwig of the GJ Police Department at 970-683-3404."

Do you think they're one and the same, @dotr ?
It is quite a coincidence, for sure.
Thanks for noticing..
Oh goodness, thinking i have posted this update in the wrong thread??
Same age and name, yes, strange coincidence!

March 26 2019
Colorado Cold Case Reopened
"GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) - GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) - Police in a western Colorado city have reopened an investigation into an unsolved 1975 homicide.

The Daily Sentinel reports that the Grand Junction Police Department is "actively investigating" the 1975 murder of 19-year-old Deborah Tomlinson.

Police say Tomlinson's body was found Dec. 27 following numerous unanswered phone calls to her apartment in the city 243 miles (391 kilometers) west of Denver.

Police say Tomlinson was found partially clothed in the bathtub of the apartment, where she had been bound, sexually assaulted and strangled."

Grand Junction Police Investigating Cold Case Homicide From 1975
"When the manager entered the apartment with a master key, he discovered the body of 19-year-old Deborah Tomlinson. A bedroom window was open, and the toilet was running"
"If you do have information that could help in the investigation you are asked to contact Corporal Brand Ludwig of the GJ Police Department at 970-683-3404."

WOW!!! Nice catch!!! What a coincidence it would be if they are not the same person. I wonder if MP sites are aware of this and have looked into it. I know that with the way LE operated in the mid 70s, that they could have completely overlooked the fact that a Deborah Tomlinson of the same age had been reported as missing from another state. I thought I remember her Aunt allegedly reported her missing late...I wonder how late. This is a really good catch because the chances of it being a coincidence is low and it should be looked at by LE if it already hasn't.

“One of the first things I found that led to some confusion, is that there was another Deborah Tomlinson who was the victim of a homicide in Colorado. It turned out that she was not this Deborah, though about the same age. Searching for Deborah among the living, using her own name, yielded nothing useful.”

Deborah Tomlinson

“One of the first things I found that led to some confusion, is that there was another Deborah Tomlinson who was the victim of a homicide in Colorado. It turned out that she was not this Deborah, though about the same age. Searching for Deborah among the living, using her own name, yielded nothing useful.”

Deborah Tomlinson
Sorry all for the confusion, started a thread for the other D. Tomlinson, the one referenced in my post top of the thread..
CO - Deborah Tomlinson, 19,GRAND JUNCTION, bound, sex.assaulted & strangled, 27 Dec.1975,*reopened*

Deborah Lee Tomlinson – The Charley Project
  • deborah_lee_tomlinson_1.jpg
  • deborah_lee_tomlinson_2.jpg
Deborah, circa 1973; Age-progression to age 58 (circa 2015)

• Missing Since 10/15/1973
  • Missing From Creswell, Oregon
  • Classification Endangered Runaway
  • Date of Birth 10/15/1957 (62)
  • Age 16 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 140 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Deborah's nickname is Debbie. She has moles around her neck.
  • Deborah disappeared from Creswell, Oregon on October 15, 1973, her sixteenth birthday. She ran away from home with a teenage female friend and has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Population of Creswell back in '73 would have been about 1300 people. Not a lot, you'd think a small population might know a bit more, but after 46 years in a population of now over 5000 how many would be from that 1300, not many.

If you're running away it's either north to Seattle or south to San Fran. Those places might be worth the look for a Jane Doe in the '73-76 period.

The environment was just set for this kid to run away. Living in a nowhere place (in a kids view) in between a couple of big exciting cities and a family that doesn't seem to care or exist much. Why stick around if no one was going to miss you when just a ride away is something different.

They finally identified the *advertiser censored* who did this. Unfortunately, he passed away in 1987.

They finally identified the *advertiser censored* who did this. Unfortunately, he passed away in 1987.
Thanks for the update!
Deborah Tomlinson murder case solved after 45 years
''GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KJCT) - 19-year old Mesa College student Deborah Tomlinson was murdered inside her Grand Junction apartment just after Christmas in 1975. Now, nearly a half-century later, the case has been solved.

The Grand Junction Police Department has identified Jimmie Dean Duncan, born in April 1949, as Tomlinson’s murderer. Detectives got their breakthrough with the help of a DNA analysis lab based in Virginia, called Parabon NanoLabs.

Duncan died of unknown causes in 1987. He was 26 years old at the time of Tomlinson’s murder. The Grand Junction Police Department is still investigating a potential motive for the killing, though Duncan did have a criminal history. He had previously been involved in a robbery and a separate shooting in Florida.''

Duncan’s wife passed away a few months ago. I can only imagine how she felt about the revelation that her husband was a killer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back