Identified! OR - Female, 30-45, Umpqua River near Gardiner, 1 Oct 2016 - Genelle McDaniel

Namus UP 15871

[url]https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15871[/URL]

Unidentified White Female

Found October 6, 2016 in Douglas County, OR
Body Condition:
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Probable year of death: 2013 to 2016
Estimated postmortem interval: 1 years

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 35-55
Approximate Height: cannot estimate.
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate.
Hair Color:
unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks:
unknown

Clothing & Accessories

Clothing:
nothing
Jewerly: Nothing.
Footwear: nothing
Accessories:
Two metal water bottles, one with writing/logo for the 2010 class alumni of the University of Puget Sound. Black nylon backpack with numerous items: two dark colored t-shirts, a light colored long shirt/dress, purple above-the-knee length socks, a crochet scarf (black with orange or pink), a crotchet slouch-cap (orange with two brown bands near the hem, tennis shoes. All items small to medium in size.

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available

Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA:
Samples submitted - Tests not complete

Case History:
The remains of an adult female were discovered in a coastal region of the Umpqua River near Gardiner, Oregon.

Always confusing....from the articel posted by another member:
GARDINER, Ore. - Human remains found along the Umpqua River belong to a woman in her 30s or early 40s who died 1 to 3 years ago, the Oregon State Medical Examiner's Office determine.

Sizes the age-range down...ruling out some MP suggestions here? We can never be sure...

Just some suggestions (checked out Charley project year 2013 - 2015 missing females, ruled out on to young, to old and missing location, or probably homecide, not matching story's)

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/massey_kalleena.html fromRenton Washington between 172 cm -173 cm, 70 kilo. Considering her clothing…Thissounds not like small, maybe medium?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kearns_chrysti.html from Tacoma,Washington between 167 cm – 168 cm, 57,5 kilo. I think small?

There are some more from California, but things don't add up...2 females supposed to go into a river, but as far as I could find on the Internet there are no connections with the Umpqua river (so that they could swept away with the stream to the place UID was found)

Please don't hold back on your opinion...

Quick question: both Burts Bees and Bach's are small batch producers. A batch number would trace when it was produced and available for purchase. has this been explored? Thanks

[h=1]Douglas County Deputies need help identifying human remains[/h]
ROSEBURG, Ore. - Oregon State Police and Douglas County Sheriff's Deputies need help identifying human remain found along the Umpqua River.

It's part of the State Police #HelpIDMe series.

Officers said on October 1, 2016, a fisherman found human remains on the bank of the river near Gardiner.

Officials said they belong to a white woman, approximately 35-55-years-old.
They said a backpack was found near the remains, with a number of personal belongings including:

• Two metal water bottles, one with a logo for the 2010 class alumni of the University of Puget Sound
• Two dark colored t-shirts
• A light colored long shirt/dress
• Purple above-the-knee length socks
• A crochet scarf consisting of black, orange and pink yarn
• A crochet slouch-cap, orange in color with colorful bands near the hem
• A pair of eyeglasses and a pair of sunglasses
• A hair comb and hair accessories
• A dropper bottle of essential oil (Bach brand "Rescue Remedy")
• Burt's Bees lip balm
• A hand mirror, tweezers, and additional toiletries
• A cloth wallet with a leaf pattern
"We have a full DNA profile on this skeleton, and that profile is being compared to all the other profiles nationally of missing persons, the family reference standards of missing loved ones, to try and help identify her," said Dr. Nici Vance, a Forensic Anthropologist.

Officials said based on the condition of the remains, they believe the individual had been dead for at least a few months before being discovered.
If you have any information regarding this case or who this unidentified woman may be, please call the Douglas County Sheriff's Office tip-line at 541-957-2088.

http://www.kezi.com/content/news/Do...help-identifying-human-remains-466865873.html

About the Bach 'rescue remedy' http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/faq.htm

The only ready-mixed remedy we recommend is the crisis formula, which most makers produce. The best-known brand is sold under the trade name 'Rescue Remedy'. This mix was prepared by Dr Bach to cover the usual reactions people would have to crises and emergencies. It was intended as an emotional first-aid kit, so after the immediate crisis is over the correct thing to do is to look at the individual response rather than go on taking the crisis combination indefinitely.

Dr Bach's 'rescue' combination is a crisis remedy - something to keep ready to hand when things have gone wrong. So if you have just been flooded out you might reach for the crisis combination bottle while you look through your contents insurance.
Later, if it appeared that shock was the main emotion, you might switch to Star of Bethlehem alone. You could take both right away - it wouldn't do any harm - but the crisis formula alone would be sufficient for the initial crisis.

It's save to say this person was in an emotional crises...and probably went hiking to clear the mind and hart....soul-searching so to speak.

Quick question: both Burts Bees and Bach's are small batch producers. A batch number would trace when it was produced and available for purchase. has this been explored? Thanks

There is a product-number on it but searching that I could only find the type of product what we already know... maybe Bach ltd knows more.

This is a hard one because of where the remains were found-- they are practically on the coast.

Tarren Wolsmann fits age-wise. She lived a transient lifestyle camping various places. Last confirmed location was in Medford, OR, about a 3 hour drive from Gardiner.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/35476/

For the record; I've got a permission error on Tarren Wolfsmann now.

Did anybody see a size mentioned about the Nevarro brand hiking shoe? Looking at Chrysti Noelle Kearns again....she has DNA in Namus..so if they looked through all national files, now they have UID's DNA that would rule her out

Christina Bastian, missing since Oct 2015, had similar glasses to the UID in one of her pictures, but her other pictures have different shape glasses: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Christina-Bastian-34-Apple-Valley-31-Oct-2015

She left her glasses behind but perhaps she left wearing an older pair?

Also interesting: "Christina was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder several years ago and, under supervision from her doctor, stopped taking her medication this past summer." https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...s-dog-located-teacher-remains-missing-n469031
If she had been stepping down her bipolar meds but still having some issues, perhaps she would turn to a natural remedy like Bachs Stress Relief?

However, I cannot figure out how she would have traveled from Morongo Valley, CA (where her truck was found) to the Oregon Coast. Maybe hitchhiked?

See image of her glasses in the lower right corner (center image is different shape glasses she wears in most other pictures):

10275915_1664486363822028_3815379502037968077_n.jpg

Did anybody see a size mentioned about the Nevarro brand hiking shoe? Looking at Chrysti Noelle Kearns again....she has DNA in Namus..so if they looked through all national files, now they have UID's DNA that would rule her out

No size is given and they mis-spelled the brand name. When I google it the name corrects to : Navarro

I don't know about the Californian woman, she does look more voluptuous than small/medium...and the circumstances...hiking would be perfect bringing your dog, your friend and protection.....

My whole feeling about all the items that were found in the backpack is that they are older then 2013....the woman had to have longer hair, at least not short...because of the hair accessories found.....

I don't know about the Californian woman, she does look more voluptuous than small/medium...and the circumstances...hiking would be perfect bringing your dog, your friend and protection.....

My whole feeling about all the items that were found in the backpack is that they are older then 2013....the woman had to have longer hair, at least not short...because of the hair accessories found.....

Thanks, I am torn on the other details about Christina as well. I found better images of the glasses Christina wore in that one picture-- actually a video of her from 2014 wearing the similar glasses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3UcjiBa6rw

Now I am not sure if they are the same as the UID's glasses or not (leaning towards they are different from UID's glasses shape/size). The small/medium clothes would not be Christina's, you are right.

I can't find anymore info on Chrysti or anymore pictures. I think she is a good possibility except I don't know if she wore glasses. I think she should be auto-ruled out because she has DNA in Namus but if you want to submit her I think it could not hurt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back