OR - Girl, 8, shot in Portland likely road rage incident, Dec 2016 *Arrest*

drjones

Former Member
Reaction score
http://katu.com/news/local/8-year-o...-fired-in-possible-road-rage-incident-on-i-84

PORTLAND, Ore. — An 8-year-old girl suffered a minor foot injury Tuesday afternoon when someone fired a shot from a passing minivan on I-84, Portland Police said.
According to investigators, it could be related to a road rage incident.
Police stopped the blue minivan at a gas station at Southeast 162nd and Stark Street a short time later. The driver has been detained.

i think that is now 3 incidents this month of children being shot during road rage incidents?

troubling.

Thank you so much Dr.Jones for starting this thread.

I have no words at the moment to express how I feel about "3 incidents this month of children being shot during road
rage incidents."

It feels "unbelievable" to me - horrific that these incidents have really happened. I guess what I am trying to say is that
my brain can't grasp it as it is so unconscionable.

Saddens my heart.

This is such an important issue to discuss.

Anger is escalating in road rage incidents.

Saddens my heart.

This is such an important thread.

Thank you so much Tricia for adding this thread to the red highlighted area on top of the page !

http://kfor.com/2016/12/21/8-year-old-girl-shot-during-road-rage-shooting-in-oregon/

"I don't understand. You could look in the back seat. It's not like we're in a big truck or anything. Look in the back seat and you see all these kids," Tina Swarez, who was in the vehicle when the shooting occurred, told KGW.

I have a question - why wouldn't the charge be "attempted murder". After all, when a person shoots a bullet into a vehicle that person has no idea whether the bullet will kill someone or not.

I don't understand this. But maybe that's just me. Road rage incidents, in my opinion, need to have harsher charges against the perpetrators.

*resists urge to go on frustration-filled rant about the prevalence of guns + road rage = continued escalation*

I hear your message Tawny.

To me, there have always been guns - why now more shootings during road rage?

I truly don't understand this. I guess I am missing something .

Is this a trend that is happening?

People are always in such a hurry. They drive like they own the road and can do whatever they want never thinking of the consequences to others. The least little thing will trigger their rage.

I hope the 8 year old has a speedy recovery

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back