Found Alive OR - Hannah Justine Fox, 24, Eugene, 2 Sept 2019 *vehicle found*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Sep 5, 2019.

1. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

At 9:51 p.m. on Tuesday, September 3, deputies were alerted to a suspicious vehicle in the 1000-block of Umpqua Highway 99 outside of Drain. The vehicle, a silver 2004 Toyota Camry, was parked near a private property gate, but no one around it. The vehicle was unsecured with several items of value inside.

Deputies learned the vehicle had been driven by 24-year-old Hannah Justine Fox of Eugene. Fox had last been seen on Monday, September 2, and has no ties to Douglas County.

She's described as 5'09'', 155 lbs, with brown hair and brown eyes.

Eugene woman goes missing in Douglas County

[​IMG]

misgrn, Jethro4WS, Hazelnutty and 8 others like this.

2. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

3. The Night Watchman

The Night Watchman Well-Known Member

4. The Night Watchman

The registered owner was contacted by telephone, the report said.

Deputies learned the vehicle had been driven by 24-year-old Hannah Justine Fox of Eugene. Fox had last been seen on Monday, September 2, and has no ties to Douglas County.

Who was the car registered to? Drain is about 40 miles south of Eugene.

Attached Files:

misgrn, LotsaLatte, Jethro4WS and 6 others like this.
  5. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Well-Known Member

Looks like the FB link doesn't work for me.

Jethro4WS and fred&edna like this.
  6. etpooms

etpooms Member

7. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

Redirect Notice
    “Fox's silver 2004 Toyota Camry, parked near a private property gate was found on Tuesday unlocked with valuables inside”.

Who’s property? Keys in it or just unlocked? What kind of valuables- Purse? Cell?
    MOO

misgrn, Jethro4WS, Razz and 3 others like this.
  8. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

Really need to know what was going on Monday - was there something that set this in motion?

9. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

misgrn, Jethro4WS, Hazelnutty and 3 others like this.
  10. Roxxi3535

Roxxi3535 Former Member

Deputies searching for missing Eugene woman after car found in Douglas County

“I just want people to know she’s at a time in her life where she is trying to find herself and we think this is an attempt to maybe put some distance between herself and other people and give her some personal time to think. That’s what we’re hoping the motivation is,” Hannah Fox’s husband Joshua Fox said Thursday. “She’s a gentle and kind person and she has so many people that love her and miss her and I’m really hoping and praying for her safety at this point.”

Not sure I really understand what hes trying to convey...?

bowler, misgrn, Jethro4WS and 8 others like this.
  11. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I think he is trying to convey that his wife has some mental health struggles going on, but he doesn't want to come out and say it bluntly? I think he is worried she has harmed herself, but he is hoping she didn't?

12. MissMalowe

MissMalowe Well-Known Member

Something must have occured just before this happened, because usually family and friends are quick to expect foul play when a vehicle and personal items have been found, even when the person actually was troubled or there was an incident or red flags beforehand.

Are they being realistic? Optimistic?

misgrn, Jethro4WS, Hazelnutty and 2 others like this.
  13. Roxxi3535

Roxxi3535 Former Member

I thought so. That makes this situation a grim one, imo.
    I wonder what is around there? Hopefully this isnt a location where she could carry out any type of self harm.
    Hoping she is okay and returns to her loved ones. Maybe shes taking a breather and attempting to fix herself. Idk? Id be lying if i said i wasnt worried for this girl.

misgrn, Jethro4WS, katydid23 and 7 others like this.
  14. kodi

kodi Well-Known Member

Do we know what Hannah's occupation is? There's a photo in the link above of a solar eclipse and she says she's working; she's in a uniform that appears to be like a forest workers or biologist or something along that avenue. If that's the case, she'd probably be comfortable out in the middle of nowhere. JMO

Praying she's just taking a short time out and will return soon.

15. Steph8angels

Steph8angels Eye in the Sky

MOO
    Hannah seems to love the out doors and exploring.
    I hope they search the area to make sure she was not just on a outing and she had an accident of some kind while exploring. A broke foot, anything is possible. Hannah at one time had a career in park service's, and loves animals. Maybe she was clearing her mind and got lost. However still wondering, because she loved taking pictures of nature. Per her SM.
    Hoping she is located soon.

misgrn, Jethro4WS, Dre and 4 others like this.
  16. The Night Watchman

It sounds pretty honest and probably as much as he would want to say. To come out and suggest this is a result of her actions instead of an abduction, would probably pare down the effort to find her.

When someone goes missing or is harmed, the first place to look for a suspect is close to home.

I'm not looking there on this one.

mjp1228, misgrn, Jethro4WS and 9 others like this.
  17. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

I'm no
    I'm not either. If you click on her FB, there are some comments that are concerning. She is pretty upfront about her feelings.

misgrn, Jethro4WS, Hazelnutty and 3 others like this.
  18. Occam's Zebra

Occam's Zebra Well-Known Member

Some confusing facts here.

She was "last seen Monday" but left her mother's on Tuesday morning. So her mother wasn't there that morning, or was there but didn't see her leave? Was her mother the last person to see her on Monday?

Her mother lives in Salem; Hannah lives in Eugene. The car was found near Drain, which is NOT on the way from Salem to Eugene - it's 40 miles south of Eugene in the opposite direction of Salem.

Her cellphone and purse were in the car, which was not locked, but her husband says she may be trying to "put some distance between herself and other people"... I would agree that sounds more like self harm. Confusing how she got to a place so far from Eugene but maybe she passed Eugene and just kept on driving, trying to clear her head. I hope she is okay.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    etpooms, misgrn, Jethro4WS and 8 others like this.
  19. mrz

mrz Well-Known Member

Rooting for Hannah and her family.

misgrn, Jethro4WS, Hazelnutty and 4 others like this.
  20. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

'Out of character for her': Eugene woman missing, car found unlocked with keys on hood

Fox's car was found unlocked with the keys left on the hood at the end of a gravel road near a locked gate that leads to private timberland Tuesday night.​

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office started looking for Fox on Tuesday night.

"We used canine trailing dogs, ground searchers, flew aerial drones, 4x4 and ATV units," Melvin said, "and nothing came up."

Joshua Fox, Hannah's husband says, said he last saw his wife Monday morning as she left for work.

He later learned she left work after about 30 minutes and drove to Woodburn and Salem before spending the night at her mother's home.

He spoke to her by phone early Tuesday morning.

"She told me that she was at her mom's house, she was safe and we talked for about an hour," he said.

Joshua Fox said the conversation was positive - and her disappearance is strange

"Just to have the plans of coming back to Eugene, to go to a counseling appointment, to come back home and then to not do that with no word to anybody - it's out of character for her," he said.​

Razz, mrz, misgrn and 5 others like this.