GUILTY OR - Jeanette Maples, 15, dies of abuse, torture in Eugene, 9 Dec 2009

Instead of the TRENTON NJ PD going to his house they sent DYFS and all she did was tell him the kids said he took naked pics never asked to see camera's or computers.All DYFS did is warn him to get rid of evidence.Not only is he a but the kids EGG DONOR is one also.I cant image hearing what she has heard (She has witnessed some of the abuse but lies for him)She is now thrilled she is pregnant by him.IMO she is just as bad!!!!!

Respectfully, in my opinion, she is worse. She is their Mother, it's her duty to protect them with every fiber in her being. Anything less is unforgivable. They both should rot. :banghead:

I'm very afraid that child might have been sexually abused or pregnant. I also think that we're going to learn that her family subscribed to some sort of dogmatic discipline with her. By all accounts she was not a spirited child. I don't think she fought back much at all. She accepted her "lot". She's described as timid and compliant and scared of her home. What did they do to that little girl?

I don't know, but i'd be amazed if a 50 lb emaciated beaten body could actually become pregnant. I'd imagine she'd be behind in maturing becuase of all she went through as well. I can't believe this is a 15 year old child we are discussing. I seriously cannot wrap my mind around this one.:truce:

Of course the mother in this case pled. She was going to get the DP, no question. I would think that more than anything she would not want a jury of her peers to hear and see what she did to her child.

Now she will just face a judge, right? I hope he or she has counselors at the ready just to help them get through the presentencing report, much less the rest of it.

I also bet that she will have an attorney read whatever remorseful statement she hopes will mitigate her sentence.

Once inside, Wahlroos was disturbed by Jeanette’s wasted, battered appearance and McAnulty’s “odd” behavior and statements that the girl had simply been sleeping in the living room when her heart stopped.

“It was one of the feelings on the back of my neck that something was absolutely not right,” he said, adding: “I wanted to run away.”

He went outside and called a supervisor to report that he suspected abuse. Then, for the first time in his 18-year career, he cried after his shift."

WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT AT LINK

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cm...1/mcanulty-jeanette-blood-county-daughter.csp

I can't repeat the torture this child endured. They could not determine a COD there were too many possibilities.

The death penalty is too good for her abusers.

Of course the mother in this case pled. She was going to get the DP, no question. I would think that more than anything she would not want a jury of her peers to hear and see what she did to her child.

Now she will just face a judge, right? I hope he or she has counselors at the ready just to help them get through the presentencing report, much less the rest of it.

I also bet that she will have an attorney read whatever remorseful statement she hopes will mitigate her sentence.

No she has a jury and they will decide her fate. They too cried during the autopsy photos that were not seen by spectators. I hope to Gd they offer these people counseling, they will need it.

I hope they follow through with the DP...this is absolutely s disgraceful act committed by the person this child should have been able to depend on for love and protection. Let's start sending some messages: You hurt children and you will pay...

If only. :tears:

I can't move. I am stunned that the probation officers did not cap her on the spot.

I gotta go. I will get banned.

Sometimes, even when I know better, I read something that afterwards I know I shouldn't have. I will never get that mental image out of my brain. I'm at work and people are going to wonder why I'm crying. That poor, poor child. There IS a hell for that despicable piece of doo.

I've just read the article and my heart too is broken. I truly believe that everyone, especially those of us in Oregon (as we inadvertently failed this child) need to be in prayer or deep meditation over the next few days for this child.

This can be a watershed moment. We need to look closely at our own families, our friends and our neighbors. We need to remind ourselves over and over and over again, that when we have a very real concern, do NOT stop until the situation has been remedied. Take it to the next level and then the next if nothing is done. We have to make this pledge to ourselves.

We can't turn away from a single one of Jeanette's injuries. Jeanette was there for them and we have to be also. We have to bear witness.

May God hold her close.

I can't stop thinking about what Jeanette was put through. I picked up my sleeping DGBaby and rocked her, fed her, bathed her and rocked her again - I just can't turn off the images in my head.

I get that her incubator has "issues" but they did not cause this to happen. This was pure evil and I honestly believe the DP is too good for her. She should have to live out her miserable life in prison, knowing every minute what she did - I hope her daughter's screams and terror interrupt every night of sleep she ever hopes to get.

I have asked a mod to put a warning on the above link and (((HUGS))) to everyone who cares about what happened to this child.

LCoastMom--I keep scrubbing the sink. As most know, standing up isn't easy for me but I have to do something. At this point, all we can do is pray and or meditate and to show every child in our life and in our path, gentle kindness. Everyone, hold those children close tonight. If they won't let you hold them or if they are far away from you, tell them how precious they are. We can't bring back Jeanette but her story will affect our lives for the better. I imagine she'd be proud to know that her suffering caused many children to be told they are loved.

Here's another article I haven't seen posted:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/115978014.html (with a photo of McNulty being questioned)

"...."I guess the things she did just got to me," Maples says. "I don't know. Honest to God I don't know. I'm sorry. I am sorry."

(Note: I believe they mean McNulty)

http://www.kval.com/news/local/115758604.html

Paramedics describe finding girl's lifeless body

WARNING: Extremely graphic explanation of violence and torture!!!!

"....Teachers were concerned about the girl's treatment at her mother's hands. The school confronted Maples, who told school officials that she was being abused. Oregon's Department of Human Services visited the home, where Angela McAnulty told child welfare workers that Maples was a compulsive liar.

Maples was left with McAnulty, who took the girl out of school to homeschool he - and to cut off her lifelines to the public, so no friends would see her condition...."

more at link

Maybe I've forgotten this detail but I don't recall ever reading that Jeanette, herself, had reported to teachers that she was being abused. Her teachers must be reeling with grief today.

From the link above:

"At the end of the testimony, the jury will be asked to consider four questions:

1. Was McAnulty's conduct that caused Maple's death deliberate?
2. Is it likely that McAnulty will reoffend?
3. Did Maples provoke McAnulty?
4. Should the death sentence be imposed?

If the jury decides "No" to question 4, they face a fifth question:

5. Are there mitigating circumstances that would mean McAnulty should get life with the possibility of parole?

Ten juror must agree yes - and if no, the sentence will be life without parole."

All I can do is sit here and cry. The inhumanity of it all, the absolute, sheer evil. My stomach is churning and I wish now I hadn't eaten dinner.

That poor poor child, rest now little girl, justice will be yours soon, and peace already is.

jeanette_maples320.jpg

RIP Beautiful One.

LCoastMom--Can you elaborate. I'm a bit confused about your comment. I have to admit that this is the first time I've read the entire report. DHS concedes that there might have been calls that were not documented. And why the heck not? Isn't every call documented, whether is it classified founded or unfounded?

I'm pleased to see that they are finally agreeing that age absolutely does not denote safety for a child. I think in the past, they relied on a child's ability to just get up and leave and go couch surf for safety. Appalling!!

The director went on about how many calls they receive! Yes, that is their job!

He said a report would be filed monthly until all was known - they still weren't sure how many calls they received re: Jeanette!

Procedures weren't followed (repeatedly over 4 years)!! Yes we are quite aware of that - now tell us why!!

A child at risk is called a liar by her known abuser, I guess the teachers were deemed unreliable too.

I'm still just sick knowing what happened and how this child was failed over and over.

LCoastMom--I keep scrubbing the sink. As most know, standing up isn't easy for me but I have to do something. At this point, all we can do is pray and or meditate and to show every child in our life and in our path, gentle kindness. Everyone, hold those children close tonight. If they won't let you hold them or if they are far away from you, tell them how precious they are. We can't bring back Jeanette but her story will affect our lives for the better. I imagine she'd be proud to know that her suffering caused many children to be told they are loved.

Here's another article I haven't seen posted:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/115978014.html (with a photo of McNulty being questioned)

"...."I guess the things she did just got to me," Maples says. "I don't know. Honest to God I don't know. I'm sorry. I am sorry."

(Note: I believe they mean McNulty)

BBM - I believe she is sorry she got caught.

1) Was the treatment deliberate; yes she blamed Jeanette for getting to her. I doubt she killed her intentionally after all this took away the monster's favorite victim.

2) Will she reoffend; if given the chance. (She still has two younger children.)

3) Was McN provoked? By her child's breathing maybe.

4) D/P? Might as well, why keep another POC alive for the next 50 years at taxpayers expense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back