OR OR - Joan Hall, 17, Warrenton, 30 Sept 1983

For quite awhile, I've had this Jane Doe on a tentative possibles for Joan Leigh Hall.

98ufwa4.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/98ufwa.html

Of course, if this UID is a Gary Ridgeway victim, it is quite inconsistent with the scenario of local kids being involved in Joan's disappearance. But her facial structure is very consistent with the facial reconstruction.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I wonder if Joan has ever been ruled out against 98UFWA.

WOW!! It would be nice to know if Joanie has been compared to this UID... anyone know how to get them to compare the two?

'No statute of limitations on murder'

Joanie Hall vanished 30 years ago. Her family keeps looking for answers.

On Sept. 30, 1983, the Warrenton High School senior left a mini-mart in Astoria shortly after 2 p.m. An employee at the mini-mart told police she left the store on foot. She was on her way to Warrenton Grade School to help her aunt tutor some kids.

She was never seen again.

http://www.koin.com/news/investigative/no-statute-of-limitations-on-murder

I think this unidentified should be looked into for a possible match.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9927

It doesn't look like Jody has been ruled out.

Yes, they don't look facially alike that much but however the similarities eyes of the Jane doe and Joanie are striking.

https://www.facebook.com/events/288038364640528/

I found this Facebook group of relatives and friends of Joanie's trying to get divers to volunteer to search Shag lake where they believe Joanie's body lies. I wonder if they have found a diver yet.

I assume not many stores had surveillance cameras back then, which could have greatly helped. I wonder the distance between the store and the school? Doubt something happened on a busy road, so it does make it seem she was too naive and got into someone's car for a ride, or knew the pesrson.

I assume not many stores had surveillance cameras back then, which could have greatly helped. I wonder the distance between the store and the school? Doubt something happened on a busy road, so it does make it seem she was too naive and got into someone's car for a ride, or knew the pesrson.

Warrenton grade school is a approximately one-half mile from the Mini-mart. Joanie's family said she would never have accepted a ride from a stranger, after all As Joanie Hall was an Explorer Scout for the Clatsop Co Sheriff's Dept, it is highly unlikely that she would have entered a vehicle of someone she did not know well.

My entire feeling about this case is that was a clean cut case of police corruption.

According to Police reports three boys, Mike Basch, Gary Leer, and Jim Sears claimed that before 4-4:30 that day at Jim Sears house, Mike Moore pulled up in a vehicle with a young woman he identified as Joanie. However for some strange reason all three teens changed their statements, they said it was somebody else in the car, Tressa Woods, not Joan Hall. :liar: Sadly Treesa Woods can't confirm this, since she was murdered in Minnesota in 1995. However Treesa's family said she wasn't even in town when Joanie disappeared.

AND to add to the suspicion the reporting deputy was G.M Basch. Mike Basch's father. Mike Basch was interviewed by his own father, that's either a MAJOR error in conduct, or it's a complete cover up by good ole dad. Mike Basch also moved to California just days after Joanie disappeared.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/87753802.html?tab=video&c=y
VERY interesting information is discussed in this news report. They tracked down all the boys, only two agreed to be interviewed over phone. Mike Basch and Jimmy sears, and also Mike Baschs father, the reporting deputy spoke. There was also mention of a witness who saw Joanie getting into a car at the Warrenton Mini-mart. However she TOO changed her statements. When asked why, she said G.M Basch bullied her into doing so. She said Joanie looked confused and scared.

Why did the admins of her fb page say that she was beaten and found dead the next day? Can someone bring forward that news report?

Oh that's just weird.

Well, the girl who heard three teens talking in Seaside never said what she heard them talking about, other than Joan. I wonder if that's what she heard them say, and she didn't tell any news people

The Admin said in regards to the four (main suspects) who are believed to be involved in Joanie's disappearance. The Admin was told by two people that one of the guys came running down the hill towards them and their friends, freaking out about a girl badly beaten in need of medical attention and doesn't think she is going to make it. All four of the men deny everything and have all changed their stories multiple times.

I think the conservation Dena Rush overheard in Seaside Oregon, could be just group of girls who were gossiping about what had happened.

Bump

Joanie Hall Missing from Warrenton, OR since 1983 - Facebook Page

Joanie Hall disappeared from downtown Warrenton, Oregon exactly 32 years ago today.

Her remains have yet to be found. But someone in coastal Clatsop County knows where is. To that witness, please call Clatsop County District Attorney Josh Marquis and let him know where Joanie can be located. So that she can be laid to rest with her beloved big sister Charlotte, her big brother Frank, and their parents. And they can all be together again. Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back