Found Deceased OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, May 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnblsm

jnblsm Well-Known Member

Need a timeline

HayLouise, misgrn and Jethro4WS like this.
  2. jnblsm

jnblsm Well-Known Member

@tlcya

Jethro4WS likes this.
  3. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

If we just leave the TV on it will shut itself off yes. If we leave the TV on hooked up to Netflix or some such, it will not. I wonder if that's the type of screen the neighbor was referring to. A home screen type of thing, meaning it hadn't changed. Not that it wasn't going on and off but that nobody was watching anything.

Okay well I'm going to guess that since Billy has Karissa's last name, his biological father wasn't in the picture at all for the first couple of years. If there was joint custody/child support/visitation Billy would almost certainly have his last name.

I'm actually a little surprised a name change didn't occur with the paternity test and it doesn't appear to have been requested. It doesn't appear that he initiated the proceedings, it looks like Karissa did. I'm thinking he may not have been involved at all and had to be forced the whole way.

So less than a year ago this guy ends up with legal/financial responsibility for a toddler he likely has no attachment to. The motion to set child support occurs and Karissa and Billy go missing less than a month later. Ugh.

So we are likely looking at Billy's biological father and possibly any boyfriends, exes or wannabe's as well. I'd definitely like to know who that argument was with in April and start there. I have a feeling I know who it was though. I hate it.

I'm hoping that Karissa realized they were in danger and got the hell out of dodge. Just one time I want that to be the result of one of these.

OREGON JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT - Online Records Search

Smart search
    Fretwell, Karissa
    First case that pops up from 2018.

4. Penny4YourThoughts

Penny4YourThoughts Well-Known Member

5. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

6. ClaireNC

Social media has gone quiet about Karissa and Billy. The family has deleted their postings and comments from FB and now nobody is saying much of anything. I really hope that's because they know she is OK, just decided to hide out for a while.

7. k8ling0087

k8ling0087 Well-Known Member

sassyblue, misgrn, byo and 3 others like this.
  8. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

my 5 year old smart tv will go blank if i don't answer the "are you still watching?" when it pops up - both netflix and hulu. no picture just a blank screen but the light stays on. If I am watching local TV it never shuts off. I don't think we know what the TV was tuned to ? JMO

misgrn, Jethro4WS, jnblsm and 3 others like this.
  9. MsFacetious

I fear it's because they want to protect an investigation to ensure that justice is served.

I hope your theory is correct though.

10. Elliot_Alderson

Elliot_Alderson STEVIOUSLY

Also, a lot of newer TV's (smart TV or not) have an actual energy saving option in the menu in which you can turn on or off the option to power down after X hours of inactivity.

11. Crazy4having3

Crazy4having3 Active Member

This story popped up in my FB timeline this morning. I came straight here hoping for some optimistic news :(
    MOO is that the less LE is saying to the public, the more they know. Hopefully they are found safe!

misgrn, MassGuy, byo and 7 others like this.
  12. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Good morning, WS'ers. :) Getting my notes in order...what else?

KF is originally from Northwood, ND per her FB, received her AAOT at Chemeketa Community College, attended Dallas High School, formerly employed by Jimmy Johns and McDonalds, currently employed as an overnight security guard at Cascade Steel Rolling Mills and studying education at Western Oregon University.

Feb 2016 BF, now 3 years old, is born

2017 KF graduated Chemeketa Community College

Early 2018 KF was living at the apts per neighbor, AR, Google Maps

June 21, 2018 Case 18DR13448 Filed (Filiation), State of OR and KF Petitioners, MW Respondent

Sept 25, 2018 Case 18DR13448 Judgement establishing paternity

Dec 21, 2018 Case 18DR13448 Motion to set Child Support

Feb 6, 2019 Case 18DR13448 Show Cause paperwork mailed to MW

Mid-March, 2019 (reported as approx 2 months ago) Neighbor RA heard an argument in KF's apt
    "We heard a man and woman arguing incredibly loud," Allen said. "The man was swearing a lot and there was a kid crying in the background, and the woman was yelling at him to get out of her apartment."

April 15, 2019 Case 18DR13448 Hearing and Motion to set Child Support

May 3, 2019 KF’s vehicle was reported stolen (see May 8)

May 8, 2019 KF receives parking ticket 19PK98356 notated 5/11 as pending dismissal because vehicle was reported stolen 5/3, recovered 5/10

May 10, 2019 KF cited for two more parking tickets 19PK100534 and 19PK101147 on the day her vehicle was recovered

May 11, 2019 Friend MH last spoke with KF, KF asked about installing a Ring camera

May 13, 2019 KF and her son were last seen

May 17, 2019 Friend MH was supposed to babysit BF and Family members reported KF and BF missing

KF’s Grand Am is parked in front of the apt w/child seat in the back. A green Mercury Mountaineer is parked in front of it and a signed college financial aid application is found on the passenger seat.
    Salem mom, 3-year-old son missing; detectives on case

Per Missing Persons Cases Network, the condition of the apt. was “suspicious,” and KF’s family fears a possible abduction but were instructed by the police not to disclose further details.
    3-Year-Old Boy and Mother Missing for a Week, Police Ask for Help

Neighbor RA and KF’s back doors face each other. He said, "I have noticed that the television screen, it's been on the same screen for about a week, so obviously there's no one in the apartment."
    Salem mom, 3-year-old son missing; detectives on case

May 19, 2019 Salem Police Dept. issued a Media Release

May 20, 2019 Detectives were at KF's apartment

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  13. Elliot_Alderson

Elliot_Alderson STEVIOUSLY

Wonderful work as always, @PommyMommy ! Much appreciated and a good morning to you :)

14. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

BF was born Feb. 2016, friend MH routinely watched BF until 7 mo's old, Sept 2016. Who has been watching BF since Sept 2016 while KF attended classes and worked nights? Daycare? Family member? MOO

15. ClaireNC

Great job and thanks PommyMommy!
    I asked the same questions about who watched BF while she worked. Since she worked as a night security guard, maybe she brought Billy to work with her?

Other questions:
    Who was the last to see her? I think one of the early articles mentioned she was last seen when leaving work? So was that early Monday morning? Or did she work Monday night too?
    When was the last time anyone had contact with her? Did she notify work that she wasn't going to be in?
    Why did it take 5 days for anyone to notice she was missing?

16. osu

osu Well-Known Member

My Fire Stick internet TV goes into a screensaver mode of different photos of landscapes if it’s inactive for awhile, but the TV screen never turns off.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    LadyL, misgrn, adot0902 and 6 others like this.
  17. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Well-Known Member

Ugh, this doesn't sound good. I am thinking that there might be foul play involved.
    At times parents(for lack of better word)get very angry when they are force to support a child that they never wanted in the first place. Or, maybe her new beau is not a good guy. Or they were kidnapped or...….
    This is all speculations.

misgrn, cedgison, Simoea and 4 others like this.
  18. osu

osu Well-Known Member

HLN Video:
    HLN

19. cedgison

cedgison Well-Known Member

As much as I hope that's not the case, that's what I think, too, unfortunately. :(

Niner, Jethro4WS, misgrn and 5 others like this.
  20. MsFacetious

I believe that someone gave a reason for her not going to work. If they had not I believe she would have been reported missing sooner than she was.

bluenoser, farmboy78, Alcina and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.