Found Deceased OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 hour drive from Fretwell Apartment to Yamhill water works on Turner Creek Road.
Can you drop a pin on the map for us? Since I can't zoom to street level I'm finding it impossible to tell where the road turns to gravel and where those spur roads are that the DA was referring to. I'd appreciate it! :)

Am I anywhere close here? Google Maps

Last edited:
Keaton Thomas on Twitter
This is approximately where Karissa Fretwell and her son, Billy, were found this weekend. It’s about 10 miles west of Yamhill. Investigators say the bodies were partially hidden and in a heavily wooded area. #LiveOnK2
D9SkLD4UcAAmQ-p.jpg

1:25 PM - 17 Jun 2019 from Yamhill, OR

Keaton Thomas on Twitter
Zooming in a little bit, the bodies were found about 1.5 miles from where Turner Creek Rd turns from paved to gravel. This is on private property owned by Weyerhaeuser. #LiveOnK2
D9Sky54U0AAPvch.jpg
D9Sky53U0AAQor8.jpg
D9Sky51U0AE8Nxn.jpg

1:28 PM - 17 Jun 2019

Can you drop a pin on the map for us? Since I can't zoom to street level I'm finding it impossible to tell where the road turns to gravel and where those spur roads are that the DA was referring to. I'd appreciate it! :)

Road turns to gravel just past the park, the Weyerhaeuser gate is between approximately 1 to 2 miles past that (I'm giving a rough estimate)

Screenshot_20190617-140322_Chrome.jpg

Gate location (highlighted in red)

The white box of property where the red mark is is all Weyerhaeuser property.
20190617_113020.jpg

In the press conference, the DA said Karissa and Billy were “partially covered” and would not say whether the covering was “natural” or not. Why would MW or someone leave them partially exposed in the woods? Not buried, not hidden in something, but partially visible? For anyone to eventually find? Could there have been plans to come back for them?
Murderers tend to partially bury bodies in a lot of cases I've followed here. We often see that the victim was covered by dirt and leaves, objects like wood, tires or cardboard, etc.

My personal theory is that most killers a) want to dispose of their victims as quickly as possible and b) are intrinsically lazy. If the bodies are left in a remote area they count on it not being found or at least that it will be some time before they're found. Dumping bodies just off a road IMO means the killer thinks it can't be linked to him/her. And even many graves are only two or three feet deep.

I've followed cases where bodies were buried in or under concrete, thrown in wells and disposed in landfills but most often we see a half-assed effort to conceal the body. There may be some sort of psychological reason but IMO I think they just want it gone ASAP.

Based on what the prosecutor described - about 1.5 miles after the road turns to gravel and in an area where "roads" branch off and that the map on the easel they had from the county GIS ... I am pretty sure the area searched was in the vicinity of this pin.

Google Maps

...A recent paternity test determined that Wolfe was Billy’s biological father — and he was ordered to pay $900 a month in child support, according to court documents. The boy was conceived during a fling the two had when they both worked at a McMinnville steel mill.
The boy’s babysitter told investigators that Fretwell had been threatened by Wolfe and his wife, who had said they wanted custody of Billy. ...

https://nypost.com/2019/06/17/bodies-of-missing-woman-child-found-after-fathers-arrest-for-murder/

I am glad they were finally found. They will receive a proper burial now I am sure. Guessing that the $900 a month is not sounding so bad to Mr. and Mrs. Wolfe right about now... Ugh!

RIP Karissa and Billy!

Based on what the prosecutor described - about 1.5 miles after the road turns to gravel and in an area where "roads" branch off and that the map on the easel they had from the county GIS ... I am pretty sure the area searched was in the vicinity of this pin.

Google Maps
Thank you, Jethro.

I just swung by MW's house on Phillips Road. It looks like no one has been home for a while.
Any word on wife and daughter?
The DA was asked about MW's wife today and answered that she is not a person of interest at this point, but that detectives continue to look at anyone who could be connected. I don't recall any mention of MW's daughter. MOO

...A recent paternity test determined that Wolfe was Billy’s biological father — and he was ordered to pay $900 a month in child support, according to court documents. The boy was conceived during a fling the two had when they both worked at a McMinnville steel mill.
The boy’s babysitter told investigators that Fretwell had been threatened by Wolfe
and his wife, who had said they wanted custody of Billy. ...

https://nypost.com/2019/06/17/bodies-of-missing-woman-child-found-after-fathers-arrest-for-murder/

I am glad they were finally found. They will receive a proper burial now I am sure. Guessing that the $900 a month is not sounding so bad to Mr. and Mrs. Wolfe right about now... Ugh!

RIP Karissa and Billy!
BBM

I realize we only have the word of the babysitter about any possible trouble from MW's wife...
Still hope she answers for any threats, verbally or in texts/emails.
And any possible involvement in the deaths.

If you love a child and want custody-- you don't murder him/her !!

Karissa looked so loving and close to little Billy in the FB photos. :(

I suspect the custody threats were nothing more than threats. It's a shame he didn't just offer to sign over his rights and leave them alone forever. I'm guess Karissa would have taken that deal.
But the problem is he'd never be completely off the hook. If she needed any government benefits, there are often restrictions that you must list the father. And if the father isn't providing support, the state will go after the father to recover funds.

But the problem is he'd never be completely off the hook. If she needed any government benefits, there are often restrictions that you must list the father. And if the father isn't providing support, the state will go after the father to recover funds.
I think that's exactly what happened. Iirc She applied for something, had to get a dna test and name the father. She then asked for $300 child support and the court made it $900+. I guess that sent him over the edge. The hearing on the support is up thread. Moo

They should offer protective services for poor mothers in this condition, at least a reliable security system installed and maintained by the state (General, ADT, Ring doorbells)

While that clearly doesn't guarantee anything, it does provide a layer of security.

Its crushing to see the pics of them... they loved each other so much. she was clearly a fantastic, and loving Mother to her little Billy.

Ugh, if only time travel was possible..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member