Found Deceased OR - Katharine 'Katy' Roe, 22, Depoe Bay, 17 April 2016

I agree with you, FWIW. I don't see the wave thingy either.

I'm afraid I do think this is an abduction, though I would love it to turn out not to be. I suppose it's very possible that she could have been abducted from the car park (would she/anyone have thought twice about a car parked there in the early hours, though it could obviously concealed a predator) or from that isolated stretch of road on her walk home.

I really would like to know about places such as the motel and garage on the edge of town. Did they have CCTV which covered the coastal road outside?

I would also like to know about any other suspicious recent incidents involving young women coastal OR. Just in case there's a pattern developing.

And then there's the young chap also missing from the area.

It does point to something more than willing disappearance but lets not get speedy. I think as soon as anyone posts some details about local cctv we should get some more info. Can we do some digging there ? Surely the motel would have some cctv.

This is drone footage of depoe bay fire station 2300, [video=youtube;YRL-nmRbTkQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRL-nmRbTkQ[/video] . They must have cctv and its definitely along her route so surely would have seen her pass if she made it that far.

Wait a minute. She was walking on highway 101? And the missing young man's cell phone and other items found on highway 101? And they aren't connected? Say what?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LE (almost) always knows more about cases than we do. It may be that they have possibly found or suspect a link between the two while chasing each case. They may not want to share the info at this stage of the investigations, or they may not be sure yet. We've seen it before.

Just a thought.

Her very last text says she apologised if she was taking a while "the moon lit up so nice I had to stop and look" sent at 2.12 am, is that past tense ? so she was walking home after stopping ? She should have made it if that's the case.

Does anyone know where she lived? How far from her home was the Wang Wa? And was there any path she could have taken other than the highway? Geography, etc., of a situation can sometimes be a factor.

Does anyone know where she lived? How far from her home was the Wang Wa? And was there any path she could have taken other than the highway? Geography, etc., of a situation can sometimes be a factor.

Her home is apprx 1.2 miles from wang wa near southpoint rd and takes around 25 mins walking. There are two routes after the bridge she could have taken one is highway 101 and the other is a residential road on the right just before depoe bay fire station. You can see it in the drone footage. Who is LE ?

It does point to something more than willing disappearance but lets not get speedy. I think as soon as anyone posts some details about local cctv we should get some more info. Can we do some digging there ? Surely the motel would have some cctv.

The Trollers Lodge motel, the one she would probably have passed, does a webcam which is unfortunately focused on the sea:

http://www.trollerslodge.com/oceancam.php?&pkey=PK177TR

There's no mention of CCTV but a call to the motel would no doubt clarify whether they have it or not.

We also need to know about CCTV at the Shell garage and whether the garage is open 24/7. If it is, somebody might have seen something if she passed by there. Even if there's no CCTV, if you're sitting there at 2.30am and something moves in the corner of your eye you're likely to look up and take notice.

I question that too, because she first apologizes in present tense that she is taking awhile…

http://koin.com/2016/04/18/woman-22-missing-in-depoe-bay/

Text taken from the actual text seen on video at link.

"Sorry if I take awhile."

That, to me, means she might still be awhile.

"stopped to look at the ocean."

That, to me, means she already stopped.

"The moon lit up so nice. I had to stop and look."

I wonder what other plans she might have had?

Why would she apologize that it might take awhile?
Did she have plans to stay there longer?

IMOO.

I'm thinking she prolly knew her grandmother would sit up & wait for her to come home, so she was apologizing for taking so long. And she prolly wanted her to know that she was on her way, especially if (and I have no idea) the Wing Wa closed at 2:00 am (???), but I have no idea about their hours.

I did find the Karaoke and live music hours from a FB listing, but I couldn't find open/close hours anywhere.

Friday and Saturday nights, Karaoke 9PM - 1:30 AM.

Sunday live music 6:00 - 9:00 PM

I'm thinking she prolly knew her grandmother would sit up & wait for her to come home, so she was apologizing for taking so long. And she prolly wanted her to know that she was on her way, especially if (and I have no idea) the Wing Wa closed at 2:00 am (???), but I have no idea about their hours.

I did find the Karaoke and live music hours from a FB listing, but I couldn't find open/close hours anywhere.

The statements all say she left wang wah at 2.00 am which is also the time she text her gm that she was leaving which Is also i believe is the closing time of the place. I think also the fact that she knew her grandmother was expecting her would have made her rush home, hence the apology or update?. I really struggle to think after sending her last text she would have had plans to run off with someone as well, that doesn't add up. Something is defo amiss.

The Trollers Lodge motel, the one she would probably have passed, does a webcam which is unfortunately focused on the sea:

http://www.trollerslodge.com/oceancam.php?&pkey=PK177TR

There's no mention of CCTV but a call to the motel would no doubt clarify whether they have it or not

We also need to know about CCTV at the Shell garage and whether the garage is open 24/7. If it is, somebody might have seen something if she passed by there. Even if there's no CCTV, if you're sitting there at 2.30am and something moves in the corner of your eye you're likely to look up and take notice.

The open hours of that shell garage seem to be 9 to 5 every day according to a google search of shell garage depoe bay. I think the fire station would be a better bet. Also it is after one of the first turning she could have taken to get to southpoint street.

I'm wondering if two separate things happened here.

What if she was leaning on the wall looking out at the sea, fumbled and dropped her phone. It clatters onto the rocks and either smashes or slithers into the sea. Hence no ping after 2.12am.

Katy starts walking home but something happens to her on the way. Looking at her presumed route walking home along the coast road, it strikes me that once passed the Shell garage and a couple of shops on the left, she would have entered on several hundred yards of unlit, isolated road fringed by trees on either side. One or two very minor turnings into side roads, but really nothing until she would have reached her own road on the right. That seems to me to be potential abduction territory, or somewhere she could have been struck by a passing vehicle and flung off the road and out of sight. I assume the roadsides have been searched so the latter is probably unlikely.

Is the garage 24 hours? If so, and she no longer had her phone, that would probably be her last chance of getting help before she reached home. If not, where would that place have been? The motel a few hundred yards further back towards town? How much traffic would be on that road in the early hours of the morning?

Good (actually bad) thought about her being struck by a car in a hit-and-run, but surely the helicopter search would have found her unless the driver took her and put her somewhere else or if she was carried off by the waves...

I am also a bit bothered by the motel that is beside the WWa. Did someone spot her walking and do something? As had been said before, she is a little think & she might be man-handled fairly easily.

Oh, we just don't know anything yet, do we?

Good (actually bad) thought about her being struck by a car in a hit-and-run, but surely the helicopter search would have found her unless the driver took her and put her somewhere else or if she was carried off by the waves...

I am also a bit bothered by the motel that is beside the WWa. Did someone spot her walking and do something? As had been said before, she is a little think & she might be man-handled fairly easily.

Oh, we just don't know anything yet, do we?

We really don't know much just a lot of speculation and potential scenarios. I think we can boil it down to this though, she should have been home around at latest at 3 am, there is no reason to think she has run off willingly, she left wing wah at 2.00 am, very low risk of being swept out to sea, cctv should have her pass the fire station around 2.30am, phone is off with no time of last known activity, no activity on bank accounts, no contact in almost four days, two potential routes after depoe bay bridge to go home. What does that narrow it down too ?

I just found out after emailing depoe bay fire station that they have no cctv, who would have thought ?

Her home is apprx 1.2 miles from wang wa near southpoint rd and takes around 25 mins walking. There are two routes after the bridge she could have taken one is highway 101 and the other is a residential road on the right just before depoe bay fire station. You can see it in the drone footage. Who is LE ?

LE = Law Enforcement. We use those initials quite often.

Another common one or two:
bbm = bold by me. Sometimes we cite a phrase or sentence from a post to which we respond, and we use the "B" operation (little symbol operators above the comment/reply area to indicate which part we are mentioning.
MSM - mainstream media

Looking at Google maps and Earth, I do think she'd have taken the turning up by the side of the fire station and gone along SW Coast Ave rather than walking along the coast road. That makes much more sense. It should in theory be safer - no speeding traffic, always close to houses (though obviously everyone would have been in bed by that time of the morning) but not necessarily better lit. That would make her disappearance even more puzzling because if she has been abducted we're not looking at a random passing weirdo on the coast road but almost certainly someone she knew, if only by sight. However unless she was picked up on a domestic CCTV system there's probably nothing to show she went that way.

Looking at Google maps and Earth, I do think she'd have taken the turning up by the side of the fire station and gone along SW Coast Ave rather than walking along the coast road. That makes much more sense. It should in theory be safer - no speeding traffic, always close to houses (though obviously everyone would have been in bed by that time of the morning) but not necessarily better lit. That would make her disappearance even more puzzling because if she has been abducted we're not looking at a random passing weirdo on the coast road but almost certainly someone she knew, if only by sight. However unless she was picked up on a domestic CCTV system there's probably nothing to show she went that way.

This is also my train of thought. If only we could find out if she passed the bridge or not.

Thankyou Treelights :) I wasn't sure on that one but thought as the appeal was on there would be ok. will remember that in the future. Does that include YT ?

"Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Facebook-Twitter-etc&p=12080508#post12080508

If you contact a moderator or administrator, they will let you know if you can post that particular video from youtube.

IMOO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stawon31