Found Deceased OR - Keith, 42, & Erin Kroeker, 39, & three kids, Marion County, 4 Jan 2017

trigger

Reaction score
1/3/17---A family of five remains missing as detectives continue to investigate a fatal fire that burned their home, the Marion County sheriff's officials said.

Investigators from several law enforcement and fire agencies began to sift through the debris from the Hubbard-area home Wednesday morning, said Lt. Chris Baldridge, a sheriff's office spokesman.

They hope to determine events surrounding the fire that started early Tuesday morning, Baldridge said, but the investigation will likely be lengthy and made more difficult by weather conditions.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2017/01/detectives_continue_to_investi.html

Erin and Keith Kroeker, ages 39 and 42, respectively, and their three school-age children lived in the home, Baldridge said. They are unaccounted for, he said. The Kroekers have lived in the home since 2002, according to public records.

Firefighters found a body inside the home while battling the blaze about 3:30 a.m. Tuesday, Baldridge said. The body has not been identified, and it is unclear whether it is someone from the family, he said.

Oh no. That's heartbreaking.
I wonder if the whole family was at home and unable to leave when the fire started. So sad.

Are all their cars accounted for?

:(

That's awful. Based on the the article a shop and a detached garage were also on fire but started separately. Very suspicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefighters responding to a report of a fire near the town of Hubbard found three separate structures burning. Each of the fires ignited separately, Lt. Chris Baldridge of the Marion County Sheriff’s Office told The Associated Press. He said the case is being treated as a criminal investigation.
Firefighters were called around 3 a.m. and had to deal with a live power line and a lack of water at the site. At 3:30 a.m., they found one dead person inside the burning residence. Seven fire agencies fought the fires.

The property is located amid hop farms in the Willamette Valley off Interstate 5, between Portland and Salem. A shop and detached garage also caught fire.
http://www.nrtoday.com/news/state/o...cle_4ff5a4b5-067a-51bb-992a-e3cc3f4092f1.html

Very suspicious.

Only one body. Not good. Is it her, or him?

I saw this on HLN this evening. So sad! Praying for this family. To know the 3 fires were deliberately set doesn't give me the hope I want for them.

Heartbreaking ! No new info on the local news yet

Is it just "formal" talk to say the body they found cannot be identified as adult or child?

One can certainly tell from the size unless the children were teenagers.

Another sad story to begin 2017 with.

oh oh. did one of the parents kill the other and set the house on fire---running off with the kids? Sounds far fetched--but ?

I guess that would only work if the kids were really young OR if the deceased parent was abusive and the kids were onboard the 'escape.'

oh oh. did one of the parents kill the other and set the house on fire---running off with the kids? Sounds far fetched--but ?

I guess that would only work if the kids were really young OR if the deceased parent was abusive and the kids were onboard the 'escape.'
..or possibly even no one in the family?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is it just "formal" talk to say the body they found cannot be identified as adult or child?

One can certainly tell from the size unless the children were teenagers.

Another sad story to begin 2017 with.
It does concern me that it could be a child and they don't want to say yet. They may continue their investigation and find more bodies.

I hope the family got out and away and this was the perp that was not family.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The bedrooms were burned up, and it's still too hot to go look through.

If the fires were purposeful, and only one adult is found....

The Kroekers' family is getting frustrated with how long it's taking just to know if they were inside and who set the fire.

"We've reconciled to the fact that [they] are probably dead," said Arvid Freiberg, Erin's stepfather. "We want confirmation so we can start putting things together a memorial and a final resting place."

What is it about "too hot and unstable" that's hard to understand? This statement hit me as very weird. Like "hurry up and find the bodies so we can bury them." No hope that maybe someone survived? I'm not implying anything. I just found it rather offensive regarding both the victims and the firemen. I've never heard anything like that before. I hope he was misquoted.

http://www.kgw.com/mb/news/local/willamette-valley/1-dead-in-house-fire-near-hubbard/381570744

The quote itself does not sound impatient to me. Maybe the reporter's word choice ("frustrated") was not very good.

And maybe the family knows more than what is told to the press, so they don't have any hope left?

The quote itself does not sound impatient to me. Maybe the reporter's word choice ("frustrated") was not very good.

And maybe the family knows more than what is told to the press, so they don't have any hope left?

That's probably true. His statement just seemed so blunt to me. It's neither here nor there, but I've never heard something like that before when people are missing. Oh well. It's probably just my personal sensitivity. Carry on. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back