OR OR - Kelly James (dead), Brian Hall, 37, Jerry Cooke, 36, Mt. Hood Climbers, Dec 2006

It's so good to see you Scandi!! Here's all I have on the climbers: There was an organized search for them towards the end of July, and they found the equipment the climbers stashed so they could make a rapid ascent to the summit. Here is a picture of the equipment they found:
gearstash_climbers.jpg

More at link:
http://www.katu.com/news/8641586.html I was hoping so much that they would be found this summer.
Sun, I, too, was hopeful that they would find them this summer; I thought with the melting snow there was a good chance; now it's apparently wait until next year.

Sun, I, too, was hopeful that they would find them this summer; I thought with the melting snow there was a good chance; now it's apparently wait until next year.
Imagine what their families are going through having no closure. Just as there is a chance they will be found, it's also possible they won't.

Scandi, Good to see you; I've been wondering where you were as I hadn't seen you on WS for a while. When I saw there had been an early heavy snow storm on Mt. Hood, it made me think about you again.

All LUV to you Buzz, I think about you often, and always with a smile on my face . I've been a Modding which I really enjoy at ForMadeleine, and and getting back here more and more now. And when Madeleine is located the board will wind way down I am sure.

I did call KOIN and they are very perplexed as to why we only heard they went up searching for them the one day when the clouds covered the top of the mountain and they had to turn back. She told me to call back and talk to the News Director on Fri, so I will do that and report back.

I have been so worried today about Love Mama as she lives in La Jolla, and had to come and see if everything is all OK with her.

Big Hugs Buzz ;}

It's too bad they didn't find the hikers before the snows set in. Maybe Oregon will get some unseasonably warm weather and a few more searches can be made. I'm sure their families are frantic for news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back