OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone interested in discussing Kyron's art?

Nature influence? Northwest Influence?
General ability for a 7 year old?
Does anyone recognize these pictures from any children's books?
Why were these chosen for the slide show they are embedded in?

If not, that's okay. Sometimes it's just nice to have Kyron pictures in our thread. :)

http://www.kgw.com/news/slideshows/Photos-Missing-boy-Kyron-Horman-95777234.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=0

Kyron_Squirl.jpg

Kyron_Sun.jpg

"Multnomah County Sheriff&#8217;s Capt. Jason Gates told reporters in Portland Wednesday that local detectives were talking with St. Helens police about the abduction attempt. Gates did not say, however, if there was a connection between the alleged attempted abduction and the June 4 disappearance of 7-year-old Kyron Horman from Skyline School in rural Northwest Portland." <snipped>

Did Capt. Gates ever clear him? Not that I've seen!

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=127610500902704700
I'm curious to know if they cleared him too.Did this homeless man have a car?Because he did try to abduct that other little boy and I keep thinking (I don't know if this is rumor or not)But kids apparantly saw a strange looking guy in the school?walking around?Am I allowed to ask what that story was?I do want to look at all angles and people here.I'm trying not to have tunnel vision.

Oh SNAP! I glossed over that part!

Just did a criminal background check on Anthony Phipps, 36yo, DOB, 06/01/74...he has several offenses for drugs and alcohol and under Tony Phipps, he has a sexual offense with a minor. A previous picture of Tony is very different from his mugshot. Maybe he was seeking treatment at the rehab center?? moo

I didn't see if anyone answered a question about pings but see my answer for a general explanation about cell phones, pings, and cell towers.

A phone is constantly pinging as long as the battery is in. It still pings if the phone is off and it doesn't matter if you are on the phone or not. It's kind of like a cell phones footprint. However, a ping does not give an exact location like GPS does, all it really says is "at this moment in time, this specific cell phone was in the area of cell tower A" which would be the tower the cell phone would use if it were used to call someone. If the cell tower has a reception radius (I guess that's what it would be called?) of two miles, then any cell phone within two miles would default to that tower. Hope that makes sense.

Thank you! That does make sense and answers my question. :)

If not, that's okay. Sometimes it's just nice to have Kyron pictures in our thread. :)

http://www.kgw.com/news/slideshows/Photos-Missing-boy-Kyron-Horman-95777234.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=0

Kyron_Squirl.jpg

Kyron_Sun.jpg

Personally, I think squirrels are cute and funny. This is a well known opinion about me, as my friends in college would buy me kitchy squirrel things. I instantly liked them as a kid because they are cute and kind of skiddish.

The second picture has always struck me. It doesn't seem like a typical drawing of a sun from a kid. Kyron seems to have a little artistic touch to him - the sun is more abstract. A typical 7 year old would draw a full or half yellow circle with black lines going around it to show the sunshine. Basically, very simplistic. Kyron went above and beyond with that. I was instantly impressed to be honest.

Also, notice on the squirrel picture he drew a frame around it. He also did that for the sun. Another example of a neat, details oriented kid.

I don't know if this has been answered (just joining this thread), but does anyone local know if there were refreshments served at the science fair? Often our school will have coffee and bagels for the parents if something is early in the day. Just wondering if that might attract someone who normally wouldn't be there.

Just did a criminal background check on Anthony Phipps, 36yo, DOB, 06/01/74...he has several offenses for drugs and alcohol and under Tony Phipps, he has a sexual offense with a minor. A previous picture of Tony is very different from his mugshot. Maybe he was seeking treatment at the rehab center?? moo

It would be pretty interesting if we could link him to that island. His offense was in Lane County, 2 hours south of Portland. And it was a long time ago, 1998, IIRC.

ETA: "His criminal history includes convictions for third-degree sodomy in 1998, contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor in 2000 and failing to register as a sex offender." <snipped> http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/06/st_helens_police_arrest_man_ac.html

Okay now, the interesting thing about that article is that Phipps is mentioned as DRIVING down a road. So he did have a car (or access to one) at the time he was arrested. Hmmm...
Thank you.You answered my question if he drove.I didn't see this.I'm sorry.we don't know what he drove?Man these threads are moving too fast LOL.

Kyron_Squirl.jpg

Kyron_Sun.jpg

gosh, they seem quite good for a 7yo, detailed, as expected, and very true to life form. mho and all that stuff

ETA: very creative, especially the sun - detailed, but of course we would expect that! I'll take a closer look

I think the artwork shows that Kyron was a happy well-adjusted little boy. I really like the sun picture, it is very good for a 7 year old--very creative.

I think the artwork shows that Kyron was a happy well-adjusted little boy. I really like the sun picture, it is very good for a 7 year old--very creative.

my kids are older. I really would have to dig in the attic to find out how good they were at drawing at age 7.

He seems to be such a good artist. Any art teachers out there?

Also, I have to wonder if that sun is from a book or a picture or a photo or something he was free-hand copying, or if it really was from his mind.

And is that a feather or a peace sign atop the squirrel drawing? It looks like a symbol - kinda tribal to me.

Kyron's artwork is great - the one of the sun is beautiful. So colorful. Looks like something I'd see in Central America.

"The district attorney's office is expected to disclose Phipps' criminal history on Thursday, June 10. " <snipped>

I can't find this information released online yet either! I'll keep snooping.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story_2nd.php?story_id=127610500902704700

I found his public record information last week.. Thanks, DA's office. :waitasec:

Okay now, the interesting thing about that article is that Phipps is mentioned as DRIVING down a road. So he did have a car (or access to one) at the time he was arrested. Hmmm...

sofia76, I read it a different way.
"At approximately 11 a.m, St. Helens Public Works supervisor Neal Sheppeard saw Phipps as he was driving down Belton Road. Police arrived and arrested Phipps."

I think it was the worker who was driving, not Phipps. ?

"Tony Phipps' criminal history from Lane County court records:

1998 - Convicted of felony Sodomy in the 3rd Degree in Lane County. His female victim was 14 at the time. He was also charged with other rape and sodomy charges when the victim was 13 and 14, but those charges were dropped as part of a plea deal.

2000 - Convicted of misdemeanor Contributing to the Sexual Delinquency of a Minor in Lane County. His victim was the same girl as the 1998 sodomy conviction. The victim was 16 at the time.

2006 - Convicted in Albany for failing to register as a sex offender

2008 - Convicted in St. Helens for failing to register as a sex offender

Court records also indicate at least five women have taken out restraining orders against him, including his sodomy victim." <snipped>

http://www.kval.com/news/95990924.html

Hmmm. Do RSOs go from girls to boys? GAG. It makes me sick to type this. :furious:

so... can we talk about this stuff, since it is posted on a public page? I have been trying hard to stay quiet on it, but looks like someone is finally posting about it

I believe the rule is that if it's a public page you can comment about it. I don't think you can paste actual quotes though, just paraphrase and link to it.

It's Sauvie Island's public page, right? Not a person's page?

gosh, they seem quite good for a 7yo, detailed, as expected, and very true to life form. mho and all that stuff

ETA: very creative, especially the sun - detailed, but of course we would expect that! I'll take a closer look

both pictures are very creative - i thought it curious why those particular two were given to the media last week...just the coincidence of SM gaving the squirrel nic as well...seemed like the family liked squirrels

I think you are right...the guy who was arrest (Phipps) wasn't driving...the person who saw him as he was driving by saw him...IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288