OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read the article I thought that Phipps was walking and the worker saw him as he was driving.
ETA: Around here if homeless persons (not all) have a car (that runs) they stay in there until the weather gets bad, I live in NY. That way they aren't monitored or anything and go to the soup kitchen to eat.

so... can we talk about this stuff, since it is posted on a public page? I have been trying hard to stay quiet on it, but looks like someone is finally posting about it

Sauvie Island Facebook is a public page, but the comments in question would have to be treated just as we would comments on a news article.
Info which comes from comments would be rumor.

I'm thinking we can link to it and comment on it as rumor. I am not a mod, so that's just how I understand it from reading TOS.

Anyone want to correct me if I'm wrong?

I found his public record information last week.. Thanks, DA's office. :waitasec:

sofia76, I read it a different way.
"At approximately 11 a.m, St. Helens Public Works supervisor Neal Sheppeard saw Phipps as he was driving down Belton Road. Police arrived and arrested Phipps."

I think it was the worker who was driving, not Phipps. ?

Ahh, that makes sense!

so... can we talk about this stuff, since it is posted on a public page? I have been trying hard to stay quiet on it, but looks like someone is finally posting about it

I'm pretty sure according to the rules, you can only talk about the fact the page exists(which is what you just stated) You cant discuss unverifiable comments left by people because it's just peoples opinions and that is how rumors get started. Rumors grow legs real fast on WS...Also if you look at it this way, which has already happened--anyone who posts a comment on FB can delete their own comment or the moderator of the FB group can delete and then *poof* there you have a bunch of people discussing and making fact of something that's not even there anymore, hence unverifiable.... unlike media articles.

Wow, I'll say...I know it is gossip but some is very specific...

It's gossip, but I believe the connections are there to make it very close to truth...

All I can say.

both pictures are very creative - i thought it curious why those particular two were given to the media last week...just the coincidence of SM gaving the squirrel nic as well...seemed like the family liked squirrels

Kyron would be so proud to know how many people are admiring his art.
Bless you, little guy.

I think the squirrel was for his step mom, how cute.

it is cute. we call those chipmunks here. we have grey squirrels and chipmunks. across the pond they have black squirrels. where we ski, red squirrels. but that stripe looks like a chipmunk to me.

a-la Alvin and the Chipmunks. ha ha ha.

I believe the rule is that if it's a public page you can comment about it. I don't think you can paste actual quotes though, just paraphrase and link to it.

It's Sauvie Island's public page, right? Not a person's page?

What do you think about the comment from Candice regarding cell pings and what the teachers are rumored to have seen CharlstonGal?

I have to say this before my head explodes. File it away under useless information because I have no real, tangible evidence to support it.

This photograph gives me the creeps. No, I don't know why. Perhaps it's because the taker made the trash can the focal point of this picture and the only thing in this image that's subject to change quickly enough to warrant preservation is the... well......the only thing moving?:waitasec:

Grasping at straws, splitting hairs....I know but regardless, this picture makes me uncomfortable. My attention goes over and over again, every time someone posts it, right straight to that trash can.

Untitled.jpg

Look at the fourth comment on this page: http://www.katu.com/news/95973029.html

I've looked at all the articles I can find and none of them address how the public works employee found him or if he was driving when he was caught. I'd say that is the only setback.

But I'm going to keep snooping here and there and see what I might come up with.

I've never seen a squirrel with a stripe - chipmunk maybe. Then again, I never saw a red eyed tree frog before either.

I would like to know the timeframe between these two pictures. The second picture appears, IMO, to be more advanced than the first one.

What do you think about the comment from Candice regarding cell pings and what the teachers are reported to have seen CharlstonGal?

I'm not answering for CG...

But I think it's right on the money.

I have to say this before my head explodes. File it away under useless information because I have no real, tangible evidence to support it.

This photograph gives me the creeps. No, I don't know why. Perhaps it's because the taker made the trash can the focal point of this picture and the only thing in this image that's subject to change quickly enough to warrant preservation is the... well......the only thing moving?:waitasec:

Grasping at straws, splitting hairs....I know but regardless, this picture makes me uncomfortable. My attention goes over and over again, every time someone posts it, right straight to that trash can.

Untitled.jpg

Shutter - You're right...it is kind of creepy. The room is dark, the hallway is semi dark/dimly lit, there is a chair sitting there as if someone had just gotten up from it and walked away...and then there is that trashcan...

Personally, I think squirrels are cute and funny. This is a well known opinion about me, as my friends in college would buy me kitchy squirrel things. I instantly liked them as a kid because they are cute and kind of skiddish.

The second picture has always struck me. It doesn't seem like a typical drawing of a sun from a kid. Kyron seems to have a little artistic touch to him - the sun is more abstract. A typical 7 year old would draw a full or half yellow circle with black lines going around it to show the sunshine. Basically, very simplistic. Kyron went above and beyond with that. I was instantly impressed to be honest.

Also, notice on the squirrel picture he drew a frame around it. He also did that for the sun. Another example of a neat, details oriented kid.

In the second picture you can tell Kyron loves the color red.

IMO

It's gossip, but I believe the connections are there to make it very close to truth...

All I can say.

Agreed, 100%. It just fits together so well, makes sense of everything, and is pretty detailed. If this rumor is true, I wonder if Kyron's other parents are aware. I doubt they are. For their sakes, I hope not.

If it turns out to be true I will be horrified and devastated, to say the least. Such a cute and funny little kid. :(

Personally, I think squirrels are cute and funny. This is a well known opinion about me, as my friends in college would buy me kitchy squirrel things. I instantly liked them as a kid because they are cute and kind of skiddish.

The second picture has always struck me. It doesn't seem like a typical drawing of a sun from a kid. Kyron seems to have a little artistic touch to him - the sun is more abstract. A typical 7 year old would draw a full or half yellow circle with black lines going around it to show the sunshine. Basically, very simplistic. Kyron went above and beyond with that. I was instantly impressed to be honest.

Also, notice on the squirrel picture he drew a frame around it. He also did that for the sun. Another example of a neat, details oriented kid.

To me, these appear to have been done in school. I recognize the framing and lamination from my own kids. I'd say he has talent and a talented art teacher!

What do you think about the comment from Candice regarding cell pings and what the teachers are rumored to have seen

The part of me that really wants more info is of course reading those comments with very wide eyes. The rest of me hopes it's not true. Hard to know what to believe; need to treat everything like a rumor until something is released/confirmed by the police.

ok guys.. sorry I went to go finish getting some weeds pulled in my garden while the sun wasn't in the yard...

anyways, I find those comments on the facebook page to be very interesting, and although I have been told very similar "rumors" privately... this is the first time I have seen someone post them publicly.

every part of me wants them to be wrong and I still am praying for a miracle... that kyron shows up alive and well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member