OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that it for updates for today? Seems too late now...almost 9pm out west...

Was Le's sighting of Kyron later in the AM by a child, I wonder? If so, how sure can they be? And if he was by a door was he waiting for a ride? And where had he been for that hour? So many questions still...why can't they say if he had an appointment? This makes it sound like he did and was waiting to be picked up?

From presser, maybe someone else can post what they understand him saying.

-Was seen at a late hour of morning.

-Got no information from children that he was at school beyond when he was last seen.

http://www.kptv.com/kyron-horman/index.html

Wow it has literally taken me 3 hours to catch up only to find out that nothing new has been found out. I think it is a tactic to hold school tommorrow, and a very good one, by LE however I as a parent would NOT send my child back to school. But from LE's perspective, they may not have been able to get very far with the interviews today or someone provided them with information that they beleive is crediable and want everyone to go back to school tommorrow and get people talking. Kids feel safer with thier friends, can you imagine being thier age and having to go talk to the police about your missing classmate. They are probably hoping someone talks.
I dont think they are thinking this is a stranger abduction and I think they are fairly confident that the kids are safe. I am begining to think LE beleives this involved bullying or hazing of some sort by a fellow student... Does anyone recall a few months ago, the teenager that killed her sisters play friend by luring her in the woods and she already had the grave dug. LE combed the woods and it wasn't until she took them to the body the girl was found even with dogs. So it is possable for a kid to pull this off.
I just do not think that LE beleives there is a kidnapper on the loose. The Only other thing in my mind that makes since is he wandered off Like Nadia, because if he left with the mom somebody would have seen that, and I doubt she would so confident to call the school claiming he is missing and not know if anyone scene. Same with a stranger abduction or anyone taking him, someone would have seen it.

I agree, that LE knows those details. But the fact that they are saying nothing says nothing to me.

I have seen it in my own city, where LE doesn't have a clue and says nothing. We have seen it on WS with Kayleah and Somer. LE didn't have a clue, yet they withheld info that would have made a huge difference in finding the perp much sooner, IMHO.

I believe that, but drives me crazy. Why wouldn't LE release important details to help them or give the public a since of security, like you don't need to worry about your child, we know what happened here. I still don't doubt though that they may have an idea and are not releasing the details for a specific reason, I see it going either way. When a child is missing it is frustrating and heartbreaking.

I would hope LE would do the right thing and give out as many details as possible but there could always be reason why they don't. IDK, just don't know very much about how they operate and I'm sure it is different in every case and I'm sure they have a lot of hearsay and rumor they cannot confirm but may actually be helpful in the investigation and so they don't release it to the public.

From presser, maybe someone else can post what they understand him saying.

-Was seen at a late hour of morning.

-Got no information from children that he was at school beyond when he was last seen.

http://www.kptv.com/kyron-horman/index.html

I am guessing that if the information came from a child, it is backed up. Such as "I saw Kyron at the end of the hall as we were walking into class to start class." Or "I saw Kyron when I went to go to the bathroom after we did roll call." Something where the time can be narrowed down pretty close with the teacher's help.

Though, I would still find it odd that he'd be there to a "late hour" in the morning and not go to class. But I think that's probably where the time line information comes from.

I agree, that LE knows those details. But the fact that they are saying nothing says nothing to me.

I have seen it in my own city, where LE doesn't have a clue and says nothing. We have seen it on WS with Kayleah and Somer. LE didn't have a clue, yet they withheld info that would have made a huge difference in finding the perp much sooner, IMHO.

In Kayleah's case I still beleive Le was keeping an eye on the boyfriend from the beginning thinking he would lead them to her. They already knew about the "stalker freak" comment and before they even IDed her they arrested him.
In Sommer's case I beleive they had their eye on that freak to, they already knew about the child *advertiser censored* on his computer but needed to build a case. JMO

I do not think harshness or blame on the school is the point right now; we do not kow for sure that a teacher did not think, even if in error, that stepmother had said he had an appointment of some kind. The fact that LE did not discount this makes me think there is at least something to it. They could easliy have said no, no appointment of any kind. Or maybe Kyron thought he had an appointment and went and waited by door and got into wrong car, for all we know. I just don't have enough info to blame the school. It sounds to me like a small, caring school where people know one another and maybe they made a big mistake but we do not know that yet.

I too feel that LE knows much, much more and that they don't think they will find him easily or quickly, unless they obtain a confession. Perhaps the profiler can help with that end of things, advise LE on how to approch a possible suspect to get them to respond. I also do not believe that FBI would be involved if LE knew where Kyron was and it was a matter of him not wanting to go home.

I so hope I am wrong, but fear they will be doing recovery instead of rescue before long...

As far as a press conference tonight... I have had the live feed up since 7:30pm Oregon time.... nothing but traffic cameras. I had hoped for maybe a 9pm one, thinking because of the debriefing at 6pm they might be delayed. But I have not seen anything yet. I am not sure what time the local news is there... obviously not 9pm, so I guess 10pm.

There is a new article: http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...nt-Of-Missing-Boy/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

I also agree that it seems as if they are treating this as a case in which they do not need much help for an endangered missing child. It reminds me of a case in which they already knew the outcome and they were just awaiting confirmation... I don't think that they believe there is a threat or abductor out there that took this child, so they are not worried about the other children. I also don't think they believe he wandered away since they have scaled back that search. All of that concerns me. :(

Fox 12 News has a regularly scheduled 10pm Newscast (PST) tonight, I believe you can watch it online.. I have not seen any updates locally either so
I am going to be watching at 10pm to see if there is anything new..

In thread #2, there was discussion of starting a Facebook page for Kyron. There is Facebook page for Kyron "Missing Kyron Horman".

You can watch the news live online... http://www.kptv.com/video/15359817/index.html

If you can believe the media from this article. There is no Kyron, but there may not be an abduction? What is this, a balloon boy story?

The possibilities that come to mind are:

Nadia Bloom/Zoey Dorsey situation

Ethan Stacy/Caylee Anthony situation

Both of these would eliminate an abduction and any risk to any other child... yet still explain Kyron being gone.

Or an Elizabeth Olten situation... which they may not consider an abduction and may not consider a risk to other children either.

It is very possible that they do think they know who it is... but they want to see if they will lead them to Kyron. They may not want to count on a confession.

I do not think harshness or blame on the school is the point right now; we do not kow for sure that a teacher did not think, even if in error, that stepmother had said he had an appointment of some kind. The fact that LE did not discount this makes me think there is at least something to it. They could easliy have said no, no appointment of any kind. Or maybe Kyron thought he had an appointment and went and waited by door and got into wrong car, for all we know. I just don't have enough info to blame the school. It sounds to me like a small, caring school where people know one another and maybe they made a big mistake but we do not know that yet.

I too feel that LE knows much, much more and that they don't think they will find him easily or quickly, unless they obtain a confession. Perhaps the profiler can help with that end of things, advise LE on how to approch a possible suspect to get them to respond. I also do not believe that FBI would be involved if LE knew where Kyron was and it was a matter of him not wanting to go home.

I so hope I am wrong, but fear they will be doing recovery instead of rescue before long...

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!! LOOK AT NADIA!!!! LE was about to give up on Nadia and she was found many days later and they didnt know if she was abducted, wandered off and her mom with a new born was the last to see her. So Dont give up hope... Miricles happen every day!

Guess I'm wondering what anyone expects him to do once he finds out - worry is about it! He's away having a good time for the weekend with his dad - honest, I would not take the time to upset him, especially since there are so few answers. moo mho and all that stuff!

Another poster said it and I agree. What does the step brother know? Anything Kyron might have told him that Kyron wouldn't necessarily tell the parents?

Any insights that boy might have at all?

I am really not liking the statement we just can't confirm this was an abduction and they haven't ruled out any POI, what is going on here? It's been 2.5 days, where is this little boy? I feel for him and hope he is returned safely. I don't disagree with letting the kids go back to school tomorrow as long as it has been searched from top to bottom, inside and out and they are sure there is no evidence left behind that could be destroyed. I must go to bed and stop, I just feel too many things are not being said and there is a little boy missing and it bothers me. Bring Kyron home, that is all that matters, poor little guy, I pray he is unharmed.

I think we might be making errors by assuming that we know everything about the step mother's account of the morning. There may very well be any number of parents who spoke to her in the parking lot as she was leaving the school ALONE. There may be a group who went to Starbucks together for all we know (the moms at my kid's schools do that all the time after such events...coffee, lunch depending on the time of day). She may have gone straight to a friend's house, or to a hair appointment, or to get her nails done....any number of things that the media does not know about or report.

FWIW....one of the comments on her Facebook page tells a friend not to do a media contact until she checks with "the detective" first to get approval. To me that shows that LE has someone guiding every move that the family is making.

jmoo

Off topic: Blackhawks won another - one more and the cup comes to Chicago. Chicago is rocking tonight! Now - back to this sweet missing child, Kyron!

being a bruins fan i would be remiss to mention the flyers arent dead yet :)

Definitely assisted by an adult (I have 5 kids and have helped with at least 25 science fair projects) but I don't see it as a control issue. Its neat and tidy but definitely not over done for the age group imo. In the early days my kids had to do everything by hand, nowadays we print it all out on computer.

Kyron's SM commented on FB, that she helped him, mostly with the laminating and verbal instructions. Looks like they had a lot of fun creating it. She notes that the "water" is FLARP - a noisy silly putty. I have never heard of FLARP before but it sounds interesting.

I am shocked to see that people can just walk in and out of an elementary school. In my city in the public and private schools, all doors are locked and every single visitor is "vetted" by videocam and speaker before they are let inside (even on science and book fair days). Parents must call by 7:40 if your child will not be attending that day or the school calls you. If your child doesn't attend class and isn't on the master list of absentees, parents are immediately called. Kids can't skip school because they can't get out of the school without the office videotaping them. All the schools also have outside videocams just in case kids are smoking weed or whatever outside.

Can't do anything but pray in this case.

I think that perhaps it is a good thing that they are having school tomorrow.

For one reason, to disrupt a child's routine can be quite traumatic by itself. And for another, it can give the FBI a chance to observe a somewhat "normal" day at the school. Check and see if any teachers, staff, or even older students are missing or acting oddly.

That being said, I would not blame a parent one bit for keeping their kids home.

ITA and kids are not stupid and if they don't continue a 'normal' routine and go about business as usual that will stress them out even more. They will naturally wonder why they are not going to school, especially just before summer break when they all are exited to be getting out and taking vacations and waterparks, etc. Counselors will know how to answer their questions. These kids do not need to feel unsafe in their day to day environment. Our neighbors house burned when my sister was in 1st grade and her best friend died. My parents couldn't be out of her sight until she was well into her teens and she still talks about the trauma. She was so scared it would happen to our family. These kids do not need to feel their parents (completely warranted, mind you) fear.

I absolutely think we don't know the whole story... that's what bothers me. I think the FACTS may help find this child. I see no reason not to clarify those facts unless it would make no difference to recovering this child.

Also, that friend was simply going to put the missing child flier in a news publication. Just the flier. I cannot imagine any situation in which a detective would have to be consulted for that. Do they have to ask before they hand out every single flier, or put up every single one?? I can see asking before interviews... but just printing the flier itself... technically, anyone can do that. :waitasec:

I think we might be making errors by assuming that we know everything about the step mother's account of the morning.

FWIW....one of the comments on her Facebook page tells a friend not to do a media contact until she checks with "the detective" first to get approval. To me that shows that LE has someone guiding every move that the family is making.

jmoo

One of the fox 12 news anchors twitter (along with other stations news anchors here) just tweeted that Multnomah County Sheriff's says Kyron Horman case is being considered a missing endangered child.

http://twitter.com/AndrewPadula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member