OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #7

Discussion in 'Kyron Horman' started by Salem, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salem

Salem Former Member

Please continue here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106279"]Part #5[/ame]

Reminder: if you have a tip, not matter how small you think it is, please call the tip line at 503-261-2847. If the tip line is answered by automated response, your tip will be heard!!! 503-261-2847

2. Loading...

3. JBean

JBean Retired WS Administrator

continue here please
    previous thread:
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106330"]OR OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

4. pufnstuf

pufnstuf "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalance

Emma... here's what I think.

I think that the family backed out right before the conference today at noon, and that left the poor liaison guy to come up with a statement for them. The "family message" that he relayed is almost verbatim what Gates has been saying for almost a week now. What kinda made me wonder about it was when the liaison guy said, "This is from the family, in their own words." Odd.

I think that's why Gates was kinda flustered--almost agitated--at the noon presser.

He had settled down by the four presser and by then I think he actually thought that they had pulled it off (the "family" message).

Except for that intel email, I don't think that we've yet heard from Terri and Kaine.

Compare Kaine's email to what was read at the conference. Apples and oranges. What was read at the conference was a hastily constructed message that strongly resembled what Gates has been saying since Day 2.

5. jenniferst

jenniferst Member

I would think that the dad meant 'dropped off' as in parted ways. Even if I took my son to school and stayed for an hour or half-hour, I would still refer to it as having dropped him off at school. The father's email was short and to the point. His point seemed to be that they needed the info about his son out there- but not wanting people talking to the media. He did not want to send a two page email. Saying dropped off is easier than 'my wife drove him to school to attend the science fair. After taking pictures and looking at projects they parted ways in the hall at 8:45 or so'

6. lalalemon

lalalemon Member

In what vain did they mention the Kim and Boekhle cases in the presser? I appear to have missed that!

7. RubyRed

RubyRed "Keep on Truckin"

Post #867 last thread.

I posted an e-mail I found apparently by Kyron's Dad. Link to it

http://ackerlaw.com/blog

8. Emma Peel

Emma Peel Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & bew

The two statements are completely incongruous.

I'm still thinking about it.

I'm now willing, just in case that e-mail is authentic, to look at Presser statement for code. I don't think they'd have thrown a presser statement "from the family" together at the last second. That presser statement is just totally weird. Especially considering the e-mail...

Caveat: not sure what we're looking at is the real thing. We'll be able to tell if it's removed from that website soon.

Please somebody take a screen shot of the email...I have to do dinner here.

9. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

With those two cases, it makes it sound as if LE was trying to point media in direction of Kyron being lost due to wandering off. I guess they showed one where people were saved and one where he was not.

IMO, they have not cleared anyone that I know of. I am not assuming anyone is claered unless LE says so, nor am I assuming anyone is a POI unless they say so. But of course, that only applies if this is a criminal investigation...

10. Calliope

Calliope Former Member

It's posted on a law firm's website.

I'm thinking Intel is a client.

11. pufnstuf

pufnstuf "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalance

Awesome find, Ruby.

12. lalalemon

lalalemon Member

But why did they even mention those two cases at all? bit baffled by this!

13. CharlestonGal

CharlestonGal New Member

I don't think that statement was written by the family either. The pronouns are all third person.

Why does this matter, you ask? I, for one, am a little disturbed that there are hundreds of people putting their own safety at risk to search for this little boy and the family can't even be bothered to personally say thank you and express a little appreciation? Not even once in 125 hours?

All I know is, my mama sure didn't raise me that way.

14. Lava

Lava Well-Known Member

This may be out there, but since we have nothing else...

-We haven't really heard from Kyrons teachers, relative, family friends like we have in other cases, and we are 6 days in.

-The "Family Statement" is really just a statement on behalf of the family, I'm doubting they wrote it.

-The email from Kyron's dad to Intel specifically says not to speak to the media.

-2 PC's a day with no new info.

-----

Here is a theory: They know who has Kyron, or have been contacted by someone who says they have Kyron. They are hiding information about Kyron and don't want people talking about him in order to communicate with the abductor about Kyron himself. Listening to the family statement, there was an emotional break that almost separated the "resources out there to help. Please don’t stop." from the rest of the statement...almost like a plea to the abductor. Maybe he is threatening to harm the child because he thinks he has gotten in too deep? There was also a point in the statement where it was very clear that the focus needed to be kept on Kyron, not anything else. It reminded me a lot about telling your kidnapper information about yourself to humanize you to the perp. Specifically and the end the spokesperson didn't want the attention on the parents. Could it be that Kyron was taken by someone who hates the parents, and any sort of torment/anguish/emotion will lead the kidnapper to act out more? Almost as if the statement WAS for the kidnapper, as in "We are thinking about Kyron only, we don't care about the parents, this is about a little boy - not the people you hate"

15. tfrohning

tfrohning Rest in Peace

I don't know if this post...
    Portland boy’s disappearance stirs memories of ’78 abduction
    Second-grader taken from West Gresham School was found, went on to become mother of two
    http://www.theoutlookonline.com/news/story.php?story_id=127604789675353300
    snip
    In Stacie’s case, she was lured to a car by a stranger who met her in the hall at West Gresham as she was headed to the restroom. The man, tall and brown-haired, told her he had some things in his car and that the school principal said she could help.

16. Calliope

Calliope Former Member

In response to a question as to how it came about that Oregon coordinates search and rescue units from all over the state. He noted that in the Kim case, they came together and went over the way the searches were done, and what was lacking, etc. He mentioned the search for the child too, but he went missing before Kim.

17. pdx

pdx All Wet

There are over 8000 Intel employees in Washington County (Intel's highest concentration of people is in Oregon). There are scads of hi tech employers here; "everyone" is an engineer. :)

The two cases were brought up as examples of why the Oregon SAR policy changed statewide. Those two cases became famous for agencies stepping on and over each other, with time lost for survivors. I posted about this before but am having trouble understanding how to get my own old posts.
    The Kim family case was sort of the last straw with disjointed search efforts and they were explaining why all these people are coming in from all over the state.

It is a commonly used colloquialism around here. I'm college ejumacated and still use it. :blushing:

My take on it is that Kaine was contacting Intel's legal to keep media from speaking with Intel employees.. a reasonable use of resources in my thinking.

18. gogrannypop

gogrannypop Call Me Butter, I'm On A Roll

I honestly do not know what to think. This is very convoluted.

19. rosiebean

rosiebean Member

FWIW, we have no idea if the family has not thanked SAR teams through other communications. Just because they don't do so through the media does not mean they have not conveyed their thanks. IMO.

20. CharlestonGal

CharlestonGal New Member

Kyron's dad is not an engineer. He is a Business Enterprise Architect. He's in management, not engineering. Either way, I don't believe he participated in writing that "family statement" for the media. I think LE threw it together at the last minute because the family didn't write one at all.

MOO

21. lalalemon

lalalemon Member

Aaaah I see, that makes more sense now, thanks Calliope!

I'm clocking out for the night folks... incredibly late in my part of the world!

Hoping soooooo much to wake up and here that our little guy is found safe and well!

Sweet dreams to you all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.