Missing pregnant Shannon Watts body found, athorities believe they know where the bodies of her 2 children are located, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #8

Discussion in 'Kyron Horman' started by Salem, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salem

Salem Former Member

Please continue here.

Part #7

Part #6

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106279"]Part #5[/ame]

Reminder: if you have a tip, not matter how small you think it is, please call the tip line at 503-261-2847. If the tip line is answered by automated response, your tip will be heard!!! 503-261-2847

Slightly modified by Salem.

2. TheCynic

TheCynic New Member

I thought this was a pretty good article - nothing exciting, but it gives a little of the local point of view on working with the media (bbm):

Full article here.

Just another perspective on the silence.

On expanding the search: this is so depressing for me. It feels like they've looked everywhere they can think of and this is a hail mary pass. :( I hope they find the little guy.

3. mommya

mommya New Member

Whew - I thought we were shut down.

Here's a link to my post from last night in case anyone missed the VW vid. (Just something to think about)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5271246&postcount=215"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #7[/ame]

I see that Tarabull has been online - hope she sees it and chimes in today. (Maybe I will PM her.)

4. wvjules

wvjules Member

Have the step-brother and his (the step-brother's) father returned from camping yet?

5. gibby207

gibby207 Pooh just is.

I can verify that... I've been quoted by the Oregonian before and what they put in was out of context and edited a certain way. It was my words, but they quoted me the way they wanted to... My experience, IMO, JMO, MOO, etc.

6. RoseWhite

RoseWhite Member

I pray that even if it is through complete chance and luck, that LE stumbles upon a lead that carries them to Kyron. Please, let answers come today.

7. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

8. RubyRed

RubyRed "Keep on Truckin"

9. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

Re the last post in the previous thread, concerning science-fair exhibits being set up in the gym. (I don't know how to bring quotes over from a different thread.)

Kyron's tree frog exhibit was set up in his classroom. We don't know whether any were set up in the gym and there has been no confirmation that Kyron and/or his sm went to the gym that day.
    (The gym only came into this through an anonymous comment made under a news story. It's an unverified rumor.)

10. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

ETA: maybe I'm getting confused on the time. Does Fox news do a broadcast at 11amPST or 12pm PST?

11. raeann

raeann Well-Known Member

The step brother is a minor and we are not allowed to sleuth him. It is very unwise to try to determine and post here the whereabouts of ANY minor, as I am sure none of us would want the whereabouts of our minor children posted here or anywhere else.

That being said, school in Oregon is obviously still in session.

jmo

12. freefallzzzz

freefallzzzz New Member

Fox 12 here in portland has a 11- 11:30 am broadcast "Mid Day Oregon"
    Then the next scheduled NEWS broadcast at 4pm and 5pm

But they have been covering the PC's live

13. wvjules

wvjules Member

I'm not trying to sleuth anyone. The camping trip was mentioned way in the beginning and I'm just wondering if they had returned. That's all. Not accusing or trying to sleuth anyone.

14. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

Multnomah County sheriff says boy's family has 'fully cooperated'
    Published: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 6:25 AM
    Updated: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 9:53 AM

Lauer noted that "more and more people are starting to talk about the fact that this family has decided not to step into the spotlight" -- a contrast with other parents of missing children who have spoken publicly. On Wednesday, a sheriff's official read a statement written by the family, asking the public to continue looking for the boy. Lauer asked if Kyron's parents are "fully cooperating."

Staton said the family has cooperated "in every effort."

"They have been consoling each other. We are respecting that."

Article: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/search_for_kyron_horman_to_exp.html

Video: [ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/37611479#37611479"]Today Show Video Player[/ame]

15. eyes4crime

eyes4crime Go Chicago Bears!

BBM
    I had to bring Emma's post over!

What can I say Emma - this is a great post, detailed, insightful, and, rest assured, empathic, and strikes at my heart with accuracy.

The only idea I would add is yes, engineers get comfort from order, logic, and process, make lists, border on obsessive compulsive when it comes to detail - so do teachers. Teachers are also detail oriented, organized, and logical and have the ability to disseminate these wonderful attributes to the children in their classroom.

If you notice the playroom for Kyron and his 18mo sister, everything is organized with baskets and compartments. Kyron's science project screamed order and meticulous detail representing his parents' most treasured traits. moo

As you pointed out: In dealing with the tragic loss of their son, the parents are using the traits that come natural to them by sticking to what is familiar and safe. Even though little, if any, of their life can still be considered routine, they are finding it in the comfort of their familiar gym and through a workout together. How great it is that they can do this. moo

And thanks for mentioning all the resources such as high powered law firms, computer geeks, etc. I wish all parents of missing children had access to such an array of advise.

I love your post Emma - thank you! :blowkiss:

16. Wise Old Owl

Wise Old Owl Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL

Thank you - that was me.

See, now that doesn't make any sense. Science Fairs are ALWAYS set up in a big room and not in classrooms. First when you put the board on a desk - it takes up way too much room. Second, its easier to centralize the projects for the judges and for the tours - rather than going in and out of classrooms. I think that picture was taken the day before - all the kids brought their projects in - put them on their desks and then were taken "in groups" to the gym to set them up there. I'm probably wrong - but after reading the school's newsletters today - it seems they "got their chit together" when it comes to stuff like this. The gym makes sense. Frees up the classrooms for the kids to have a place to sit. Keeps "visitor" traffic to a minimum - only going in and out of the gym, etc. etc.

Ok - I'll shut up now.......wish we could get some verification of something here!!!

17. TGIRecovered

TGIRecovered Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that I saw a post from one of the mods a couple of threads back that the question of whether they returned from the camping trip was okay as long as we use the info only to establish a timeline. I don't think anyone here is asking exactly where this boy is staying at this time, or where they are/were camping, just if "they"; the boy and his dad,( SM's ex), returned. I don't know the answer.

18. mamaeb

mamaeb New Member

I saw people asking about why the family seemed shocked to be approached... IMO... from what we have heard this is a close community and people are pretty kind to each other.

The police asked that media back off the family. I believe a lot of the local media honored that for now, especially with whatever was said in their sit down interviews.

So I think this may be the first group of reporters to bother them. Maybe they had faith in people respecting the police's requests to not bother them and they were not expecting to be questioned.

but this being said, the reporters were not being rude to the family, although the main subject of their article was to question the family

19. emmcee

emmcee New Member

This discussion is moving too fast for me to read every single comment, so if this has been addressed, please forgive me.

I am wondering if the picture of the boy in the vehicle has been published with the request for that person to identify himself so that that picture can be eliminated as "possibly Kyron".

20. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.