Found Deceased OR - Martin Nance, 49, Portland, 6 Jan 2018

In her post on Martin’s Find FB page from two days ago, Martin’s sister writes that they are still trying to get into his phone. Someone asks what the hold-up is, and she replies they haven’t been able to figure out the password.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1806020606108648&id=1736771349700241

He has been missing for ten weeks. I wish LE would work with his service provider, perhaps even via a subpoena or a search warrant, if necessary, to see if any relevant information can be extracted from the phone.

Personally, I’m not interested in details of Martin’s personal life, but his phone may very well contain information (e.g., browser history, possible encounter with someone not known to family, etc.) that could give the family an idea as to where he might have been headed that day, and most importantly, could help them better identify areas of interest for search purposes and/or who to talk to.

I hope in the near future Martin's sister is able to access Martin's Bank Records, Credit Card activity and cell phone ping data.
There might be clues in his financial activity. I would hope she would contact her local Congressman for someway to get through the redtape.

I hope in the near future Martin's sister is able to access Martin's Bank Records, Credit Card activity and cell phone ping data.
There might be clues in his financial activity. I would hope she would contact her local Congressman for someway to get through the redtape.

Does seem to me that this is an area for reform that perhaps some of the missing persons' organisations could focus on. Victims' relatives have been very successful (although it's hard work) in pushing through bits of legislation. As I said before people could just sign a waiver to their bank or phone company or doctor nominating someone that should be given access to their records in the event that they are missing. The companies could verify this with police before releasing information, or it could be released direct to police.

I did send a msg to Lisa via FB that perhaps she could try approaching someone fairly high up at the phone manufacturers company on compassionate grounds to help her with the technology. It is a long shot but sometimes in a tough situation you do come across someone human who will just help you. She replied that it might be worth a try. I hope she has a break soon with this, his whole family is broken-hearted and under a lot of strain.

In the youtube video Martin's sister mentions that Martin was seen on surveillance video checking into a local motel on the morning of Jan. 6 which was unusual for Martin but there was no follow up information. I would like to know the method of payment, credit card or cash. If he was using cash maybe he was trying to conceal his movements that day.

Maybe I am wrong about this but I get the feeling that Martin's sister Lisa is trying to control the information about Martin and protect his image. The most important thing is to find Martin and bring him home.
Strange about the motel check in... why if you rent a room from a friend. To meet someone there?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I viewed Martin's FB page today but nothing new to report except his sister is working with someone to open his phone (Android 7 operating system) but no success and still trying to access his bank records.

Martin's sister has been very proactive in seeking clues to his disappearance but no success.

I wish she could give more personal information about Martin which could provide more clues into his disappearance.

Does anyone know the brand of his phone? I am going to poke around and ask a few people I know in the industry.

Does anyone know the brand of his phone? I am going to poke around and ask a few people I know in the industry.

Welcome to WS, lilmomjuly2000! What a great idea!

On Marty’s Find FB, his sister says, “No luck with the phone yet. Android 7 operating system. LG Stylo 3 Plus.”

She has said previously they haven’t been able to figure out his password and that is why they haven’t been able to access it.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1813719428672099&id=1736771349700241

‘I have sad news to report. A fisherman found Marty’s body in the Willamette River near Waverley Country Club on Wednesday, March 28, 2018. The medical examiner positively identified him on Thursday and we were notified last night. There are no signs of foul play noted and the cause of death will likely be drowning. It is likely his body has been in the water since he went missing but we may never know.

This is not the outcome we wanted and my heart breaks for the pain he was silently suffering with and for which we were unaware.

If you are suffering with depression or thoughts of suicide, please, I implore you to reach out to someone or call: 18002738255

We have many good memories of him and I know he is sitting with my mom in heaven as they get ready to celebrate their birthdays together again next week on the 2nd and 3rd.

This is excruciating and I thank everyone out there, family, friends and strangers for your kindness and prayers during our search.

Lisa’

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1818630984847610&id=1736771349700241

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very very sad, the most obvious outcome and yet again shows just how much some people manage to hide the signs of severe depression from people who care about them. As Lisa said, it is so important to reach out for help if you have these feelings. Medication and therapies won't perform miracles but they can lift people enough to stop them becoming suicidal.

I really admire Lisa for being forthcoming about Martin's death and encouraging those suffering to seek health. RIP Martin.
Me too. Says a lot for their family and the love they have for him.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry. Rest easy, Martin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Family searches for answers after missing Oregon Natl. Guardsman found dead
http://katu.com/news/local/family-s...ing-national-guardsman-marty-nance-found-dead
PORTLAND, Ore. -- The body of Marty Nance, an Oregon Air National Guardsman reported missing back in January, was found Wednesday in the Willamette River, but family members are still hoping for answers in his disappearance and death.

[...]

Veber says many people assumed Nance jumped off the Sellwood Bridge, so she wants to know how his body was found up stream. She also wonders if her brother got in some sort of trouble.

Veber says suicide is out of character for Nance. She said he had never been diagnosed with depression, he never spoke of suicide with family. Nance, she says, was looking forward to the future, he planned multiple trips with his friends, and he had just applied for a new job.

If he had problems, Veber said, "Marty was a fixer, Marty was a doer."

That being said, Veber understands it's possible her brother may have committed suicide.

Data recently released by the Department of Veterans Affairs shows about 20 veterans die by suicide every day. Veterans die by suicide at significantly higher rates than the rest of the population.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back