Found Deceased OR - Michella Craft, 27. Curry County. Recovered from Emily Creek. May 2019

PastTense

Reaction score
"The body of a local woman who was reported missing on May 17th was discovered over Memorial Day weekend. On Tuesday, the Curry County Sheriff's Office reports that they have made confirmed the victim's identity as Michella Craft.

27-year-old Craft was first reported as missing by her mother from Medford on Friday, May 17th to the Curry County Sheriff's Office. It was reported that while Michella had been living in Portland, she had been recently seen in Curry County.

On the Saturday afternoon of May 26th, the Sheriff's Office received a 911 transfer call from the Brookings Police Department, concerning a caller who reported that he and his friends had found a body in the water up Emily Creek off the Chetco River, about ten miles east of Brookings...

Today, the fingerprints confirmed a match to Craft, who had been listed as a missing person. The family of Michella Craft has been notified. The Curry County Medical Examiner will determine the exact cause of death and the Curry County Sheriff’s Office will continue the investigation."

Body of missing woman found over Memorial Day weekend
Michella-Craft-768x432.jpg

On 05-26-19 at 3:46 p.m., the Curry County Sheriff’s Office received a 911 transfer call through the Brookings Police Department from a caller who reported that he and his friends had found a body in the water up Emily Creek off the Chetco River about ten miles east of Brookings, Or. The caller was one of four individuals who had been hiking in the Emily Creek drainage when they discovered the victim under water.

Curry County Sheriff’s Deputies and Sheriff’s Search and Rescue responded to the area and met with the caller who led Deputies to the location of the body. Deputies discovered the body that was submerged in about two feet of water against a log in the current. At that time it was undetermined the gender or age of the victim or how long the victim had been there.

Deputies and SAR removed the victim from the water and discovered the victim was a female in her twenties. The victim was carried back out to the patrol vehicles and then released to Redwood Memorial Services out of Brookings. The Curry County District Attorney and the Medical Examiner were notified of the deceased female.

More at link:
Curry County Sheriff's Office recovers body of missing woman

This is really sad. I wonder if she typically went camping alone? I like to hike alone, but someone knows the general area where I will be, just in case. If she did camp there, I guess she must not have told anyone, or surely LE would’ve searched that area.
I also wonder how she ended up dead in the water? Did she fall into the water and knock herself out on a rock on the bottom? I suppose we may never know. Has the ME determined her exact cause of death, if that’s even possible?

Just horrible. I haven't heard cause of death yet, but I see where your getting with the knocked out theory. Seems a young ,apparently healthy woman would have a hard time just drowning in a couple feet of water. Maybe rain runoff rose water levels more at that time? Still--Strange and sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back