OR - Militia members occupy federal building in Oregon after protest #2

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by tlcya, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cricket99

Cricket99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, someone needs to tell him he never took control of the Malheur Refuge - he seems to think he is calling the shots.

2. Cricket99

Not to mention he is a little too late. The FBI has control of the Refuge. The 4 are cornered and the FBI can remove them anytime they decide they have wasted enough of their time. And no one else is going to get near the Governments Refuge to join them either.

3. Cricket99

I disagree - I believe the Bundy boys are their Fathers sons. He taught them this - not their religion.

4. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

They also need to understand that they are not citizens of Oregon, the Oregonians don't want them, this is federal property, Obama isn't going to pardon them and won't take action- unless he calls the National Guard out on them, and neither will the Governor of Oregon. They need to be evicted now!!!
    And BFD that he got his statement notarized and sent it certified mail- doesn't make it legal!!!

5. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

She will be under house arrest in Utah. She will only be allowed to travel to Oregon for court appearances.

6. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

I just showed it to my husband and he's laughing his head off!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing::tantrum::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

7. Sulamith

Sulamith Well-Known Member

Maybe the Bundy boys should have vetted their militia member, Brand Thornton better. He has an interview where he stated that god told them to takeover the refuge. He quoted from The Doctrine and Covenants to back him up. Starts around 7:00. He talks about priesthood curses.

https://homebrave.squarespace.com/home-of-the-brave//absolutely-god-told-us-to-do-this

8. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

We the People of Harney County? Who died and made Cliven their representative? He lives in Nevada... and none of the yahoos who are left in the refuge are even Oregon residents. (Well they weren't, I suppose they might be now if they intend to stay indefinitely :p)

9. ohreally

ohreally Active Member

I do not think it is a particular religion, even if they claim to be of a certain religion. To me it is thier radical beliefs that God is guiding them to do this. They are very outspoken on thier belief in God, and thier interpretation of the constitution.
    Thier religious beliefs are a very big part of why they are doing this. IMO. Not that I believe it is the teachings of the faith they claim to be.

10. Donjeta

I read in one of the articles that was linked here that Sean Anderson is Lutheran, not LDS, but he's also been speaking about how God put them there and has some sort of purpose.

I'm pretty sure no organized religion says that armed standoffs in bird refuges are generally a good idea and I think it's more a feature of bad decision making than a particular religion. You get an idea, however bad, for whatever reasons that may or may not have anything at all to do with religion, but then you convince yourself that there are signs from [supreme being of your choice] that your bad idea is something divinely ordained, and then you're stuck with your horrible ideas because realizing that they're in fact horrible ideas and saying nah, let's not do this after all, would mean questioning your faith or defying God, in your mind.

11. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

DF stumbled around a question about where they were sleeping. So, they are probably inside the buildings to keep warm at times. He also when asked about food started to say they had a couple...then said they had enough. A couple of days, weeks or months worth of food? I'm betting they are running out soon. jmo

Off to get my letter notarized so I can claim Cliven's ranch...

It's 14 degrees currently in Burns.

12. pappa rob

pappa rob New Member

Daddy Bundy's got brains he's never used yet..

13. Brightbird

Brightbird Active Member

Scary thing is this isn't just talking about the lunatic fringe anymore. Just look at the republican vote in Iowa........

14. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

I noticed those two questions and answers as well. It made me think that the caller was an FBI guy.

I don't think they are that near the buildings and doubt they are sleeping inside. Also, I would think that if they are playing the game right, someone would need to stand guard at night.

15. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

Amanda Peacher &#8207;@amandapeacher
    It's an 8 deg morning in Harney County. If the final 4 are really camping, brrr. #Oregonstandoff

16. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

Judge to hear release appeal for Bundy, 2 others
    Ammon Bundy, Peter Santilli and Joseph O’Shaughnessy are seeking release from custody

http://koin.com/2016/02/02/judge-to-hear-release-appeal-for-bundy-2-others/

By Brent Weisberg and KOIN 6 News staff
    Published: February 2, 2016, 6:07 am Updated: February 2, 2016, 7:13 am

“PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) – Three men charged over the armed occupation of federal land in Harney County will appear in federal court on Tuesday.

Ammon Bundy, Peter Santilli and Joseph O’Shaughnessy are seeking release from custody pending trial. Bundy and Santilli were denied release on Friday. O’Shaughnessy was granted release, but federal prosecutors are fighting to keep him locked up.

S. Magistrate Judge Stacie F. Beckerman made the rulings on Friday.

Now that appeals have been filed, the review of her ruling will be heard before U.S. Magistrate Judge Michael W. Mosman.​

More...

17. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

Ammon Bundy's lawyers withdraw challenge, for now, of his continued detention

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/ammon_bundys_lawyers_withdraw.html

"Moments before Ammon Bundy was expected to appear in federal court Tuesday to challenge a magistrate judge's order to keep him in custody pending trial, his attorneys asked to withdraw their challenge at this time.

"Mr. Bundy request this in order to gather further evidence of his statements and actions encouraging a peaceful protest and civil disobedience,'' his attorneys Mike Arnold and Lissa Casey wrote in a motion filed in U.S. District Court in Portland Tuesday.

Bundy, 40, had been scheduled to go before U.S. District Court Judge Michael W. Mosman at 10 a.m. to challenge the order of Magistrate Judge Stacie F. Beckerman, who ruled Friday that Bundy remained a danger to the community and was a risk of flight and should not be released from custody."​

More...

18. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

And,

Bundy withdraws release appeal before hearing
    Motion withdrew, lawyers say will revisit later

http://koin.com/2016/02/02/judge-to-hear-release-appeal-for-bundy-2-others/

“PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) – Shortly before a hearing over the matter, Ammon Bundy’s lawyers withdrew an appeal they filed last week seeking his release from custody until trial.

His lawyers said they will revisit the appeal at another time.

Two other jailed militia members, Peter Santilli and Joseph O’Shaughnessy, will still appear during the scheduled hearing. Both are seeking release from custody pending trial.

Bundy and Santilli were denied release by U.S. Magistrate Judge Stacie F. Beckerman on Friday. O’Shaughnessy was granted release, but federal prosecutors are fighting to keep him locked up.

The review of her ruling will be heard before U.S. District Judge Michael W. Mosman.”​

19. Donjeta

http://fox13now.com/2016/02/01/sout...lds-vigil-for-oregon-protester-lavoy-finicum/

I don't understand these thought processes. How did he stand for his life and liberty there? I am too stupid to fathom how a remote bird sanctuary in Oregon threatened the life and liberty of an Arizona rancher in any way.

20. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

For anyone who might be interested in listening to the radio interview with David Fry last night, you can listen here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PLCafdBgpjc

Live from Burns Oregon - Calls with David fry defendyourbase

Its a little over 6 hours long. Thanks to octobermoon I and others here were alerted to it. I think I heard only the last couple of hours live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.