GUILTY OR - Robin Anstey, 62, & Robert Kennelly, 48, murdered, Bandon, 8 Feb 2010

Gabriel Morris was staying at one of my friends house who met him online playing Perfect World, an online RPG. Gabe called my friend up and said he was going to be in the area and would like to meet him. My friend and his wife thought it would be cool to meet someone they've been talking to for so long. They've been playing the game with him for awhile. He stayed at my friends house for about a week with Jessica and the little girl. He was feeding my friend a lot of crap and differing stories. My friend's mother who owns the house and works for the police department got suspicious and googled Gabe's and saw he was wanted on the AMW webpage. It was the first page that popped up.

She told the police department then called my friend's wife and tried to coax her out of the house, but Gabe was being shady and, I'm assuming, gave her reason's not to go. The wife's brother came over as the police started surrounding the neighborhood with sharp shooters pointing at the house. The brother had no idea what was going on. after a few minutes the brother came back outside then Jessica and the little girl came out. Followed by my friend's wife, then Gabe. Gabe was carrying a robe, which turns out was covering a .22 rifle. They got in separate vehicles and started driving. The police swarmed in and got them without incident. I saw the whole thing happen from my grandmother's front door.

I met Gabe Sunday night and had a few drinks with him and my friend at my friend's house. He seemed a little odd but I would have never guessed the reason why. He was friendly and courteous. The rest of the occupants of the house had no clue as to what was going on until my friend's mother did the search, but they were growing weary and suspicious of him.

I'll answer any questions you have considering I shook hands and drank with the guy the day before he was caught.

Crawdaddy thank you for your post and WELCOME to WS , glad to have you with us ... :)

Well this should be interesting. My interest is to see how involved mom was in this whole ordeal, I pray for the little girls sake that mom is nothing more then a witness to this horrible crime.
I am so glad she is safe !

Jessica's parents are on their way to get Kaela!

Jessica Morris’ mother, Rita Pope, and her husband, Bill, have been calling for the safe return of their daughter and granddaughter for weeks.
Rita Pope, who lives in Idaho, said Morris told family members that terrorists killed his mother and her boyfriend. She and her husband said they were relieved to hear Morris had been arrested and that her daughter and granddaughter were safe.
“As far as I know everybody is okay and we are anxiously awaiting word that we can go and get our daughter,” said Bill Pope, who Monday afternoon was trying to decide which Washington area airport to fly to so he could be with his daughter and grandchild.
“I do know because of the spirit and the nature of my daughter that I’m sure she wasn’t involved in it. He probably threatened her and told her he would kill her if she didn’t stay right with him.”

http://www2.insidenova.com/isn/news...ted_oregon_killer_captured_in_dumfries/52705/

Jessica's parents are on their way to get Kaela!

Jessica Morris’ mother, Rita Pope, and her husband, Bill, have been calling for the safe return of their daughter and granddaughter for weeks.
Rita Pope, who lives in Idaho, said Morris told family members that terrorists killed his mother and her boyfriend. She and her husband said they were relieved to hear Morris had been arrested and that her daughter and granddaughter were safe.
“As far as I know everybody is okay and we are anxiously awaiting word that we can go and get our daughter,” said Bill Pope, who Monday afternoon was trying to decide which Washington area airport to fly to so he could be with his daughter and grandchild.
“I do know because of the spirit and the nature of my daughter that I’m sure she wasn’t involved in it. He probably threatened her and told her he would kill her if she didn’t stay right with him.”

http://www2.insidenova.com/isn/news...ted_oregon_killer_captured_in_dumfries/52705/

The two times I was over my friend's house Jessica seemed on edge but nothing out of the ordinary. She was quiet and kept to herself. Similar to being an introvert in a strange place. In hindsight, I can say she was a bit edgy as if she was scared.

Gabriel Morris was staying at one of my friends house who met him online playing Perfect World, an online RPG. Gabe called my friend up and said he was going to be in the area and would like to meet him. My friend and his wife thought it would be cool to meet someone they've been talking to for so long. They've been playing the game with him for awhile. He stayed at my friends house for about a week with Jessica and the little girl. He was feeding my friend a lot of crap and differing stories. My friend's mother who owns the house and works for the police department got suspicious and googled Gabe's and saw he was wanted on the AMW webpage. It was the first page that popped up.

She told the police department then called my friend's wife and tried to coax her out of the house, but Gabe was being shady and, I'm assuming, gave her reason's not to go. The wife's brother came over as the police started surrounding the neighborhood with sharp shooters pointing at the house. The brother had no idea what was going on. after a few minutes the brother came back outside then Jessica and the little girl came out. Followed by my friend's wife, then Gabe. Gabe was carrying a robe, which turns out was covering a .22 rifle. They got in separate vehicles and started driving. The police swarmed in and got them without incident. I saw the whole thing happen from my grandmother's front door.

I met Gabe Sunday night and had a few drinks with him and my friend at my friend's house. He seemed a little odd but I would have never guessed the reason why. He was friendly and courteous. The rest of the occupants of the house had no clue as to what was going on until my friend's mother did the search, but they were growing weary and suspicious of him.

I'll answer any questions you have considering I shook hands and drank with the guy the day before he was caught.

Welcome, Crawdaddy -- thank you for sharing the capture with us....and since I can't do it personally, can you tell your friend's mom that we are soooo thankful she listened to her gut instincts & followed up on it.

I'm so thankful too that you or no one you knew was harmed...obviously the monster was willing to take advantage of the good in people, and if he'd shoot his own mother, it's scary to think what he might to do anyone else.

AMW updated their site w/ the capture info.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/capture.cfm?id=71248

Proof that getting info about the missing to the public WORKS!

A very sad and twisted tale:

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cm...1-46/morris-frasier-gabriel-police-county.csp

Suspect arrested in Bandon couple’s slaying
A manhunt ends in Virginia for Gabriel Morris, whose mother and her boyfriend were found dead on Feb. 10

"Gabriel Christian Morris made it 3,000 miles before authorities caught up with him Monday in a small town in northern Virginia.

He, his wife and their 4-year-old daughter had been hunted for 12 days, ever since authorities discovered the bodies of Morris’ mother and her boyfriend at their rural Bandon home on Feb. 10. Morris, 34, was featured on Saturday night’s episode of “America’s Most Wanted.”

But Morris already was in flight before Robin Anstey and Robert William Kennelly Jr. were killed, a crime Morris is accused of committing....."

and

"....the girl said something to the effect of “Something happened to Grandma.” Her father stopped her, she said, and told the girl she was not to talk about what happened to Grandma."

More at link.

Make sure you watch for the part about the school board member/teacher believing his story about him "working undercover" for the USAF and supplying him with a gun and ammunition and another vehicle. My Lord.

Grandparents bring murder suspects' daughter home

Posted on March 7, 2010 at 5:50 PM
Updated yesterday at 6:24 PM

BLACKFOOT -- A 4-year-old girl whose parents are in custody for what police say is their involvement in a double homicide in Oregon has been returned to Idaho by her grandparents.

Bill and Rita Pope say they traveled to Virginia to get custody of Kalea Morris and brought her back to Blackfoot last week.

The girl's father, Gabriel Morris, is charged with aggravated murder in the Feb. 8 shooting deaths of his mother, 62-year-old Robin Anstey, and 48-year-old Robert Kennelly Jr., in Bandon, Ore.

Jessica Morris, the girl's mother, is charged with hindering prosecution.

http://www.ktvb.com/home/Grandparents-bring-4-year-old-girl-back-to-Idaho-86769377.html

From August 2011:

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/127912748.html

Morris had waived his right to a jury trial. Coos County Circuit Court Judge Martin Stone found Morris guilty of two counts of aggravated murder in the Feb. 8, 2010, deaths. Stone also ruled that an insanity defense did not apply.

The Oregon judge then sentenced Morris to life in prison without possibility of parole on each count, County District Attorney Paul Frasier said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back