Missing pregnant Shanann Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

OR - School shooting at Rosemary Anderson High School in Portland

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by ArianeEmory, Dec 12, 2014.

1. ArianeEmory

ArianeEmory I know the pieces fit

2. ArianeEmory

3. ArianeEmory

Looks like the article I linked has been updated, and the number of shooting victims is now three. I get the sense from the scanner thread that LE is still locking down the building. Shooter still at large.

(I guess it's kind of sad that I'm all alone in this thread. School shootings and no one even blinks anymore. Not a judgement, I know everyone just gets numb.)

4. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

5. SCHMAE

SCHMAE Well-Known Member

Portland Police @PortlandPolice · 3m 3 minutes ago
    #RosemaryAHS This is NOT an active shooter situation. Incident transitioning to investigation phase.
    0 replies 27 retweets 1 favorite
    Reply Retweet27 Favorite1
    More

6. ArianeEmory

Two days away from the Sandy Hook anniversary, which also occurred on a Friday.

7. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

Crawl on CNN: Rosemary Anderson HS is a non-tuition alternative school (enrollment @160) for at-risk students who have been expelled or dropped out of regular public high school.

8. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

Email alert from local (Detroit) TV station:

ClickOnDetroit.com National Breaking News

==============================
    National Breaking News
    ==============================

Reports: At least 2 injured in Portland school shooting

A shooting in Portland, Oregon, on Friday injured at least two people, police
    told The Associated Press.

9. Miziree

Miziree loves company

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/12/us/portland-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Four people were wounded in a shooting near a high school in Portland, Oregon, police said Friday. A 16-year-old girl is in critical condition, a 17-year-old boy in serious condition and a 20-year-old man is in serious condition. Additionally, a 19-year-old woman suffered a grazing wound in the shooting.

So sad! I hope they all make it.

10. fran

fran Former Member

Families identify 2 victims of shooting near Rosemary Anderson High School in North Portland (live updates)

Portland Police responded to a shooting Friday afternoon near Rosemary Anderson High School in North Portland. At least three people were taken to Legacy Emanuel Health Center.

Police are searching for suspects in the shooting.

The school is at 717 N. Killingsworth Court.

3:52 p.m.: Sgt. Pete Simpson said at a 3:30 p.m. briefing that a dispute led up to Friday's shooting, but it is unknown whether it specifically involved the shooter and the victims is unknown. Simpson said that the shooters may have gang affiliations, but it's unknown whether that had anything to do with the dispute or the shooting, and it doesn't follow that the victims had anything to do with gangs. "They are victims," Simpson said.

Police say they believe there was one shooter accompanied by two others. The suspects fled on foot, Simpson said, heading north on Borthwick and east on Killingsworth. They left the scene quickly and it's unknown whether they had a car nearby. All are at large.

read more ............... http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2014/12/shooting_reported_near_rosemar.html

11. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2014/12/killingsworth_shooting_three_s.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/01/killingsworth_shooting_fourth.html