OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 July 2013 - #3

@Dicentra, when you talk to the detective again, maybe you could ask if he’d be willing to have the media person with JCOS contact the three local TV stations. They could run a story about the case letting the public know that it’s still being worked. We don’t have a mainstream local newspaper anymore, but The Sneak Preview runs feature stories on occasion. If you’re willing to be interviewed on TV or by a paper, that is even more interesting than just the detective.

@Dicentra, when you talk to the detective again, maybe you could ask if he’d be willing to have the media person with JCOS contact the three local TV stations. They could run a story about the case letting the public know that it’s still being worked. We don’t have a mainstream local newspaper anymore, but The Sneak Preview runs feature stories on occasion. If you’re willing to be interviewed on TV or by a paper, that is even more interesting than just the detective.
YES! It's a good time for an update to the public. I'm hopeful. ✌️

I haven't read our past threads yet; I'm working up to it. I've told the detective about the group here and I'm hoping he reads through our threads - there are lots of good minds here and it looks like I started coming here October 1, just shy of three months from the time Sissy disappeared, so I was writing things down soon after they occurred, or as they occurred. Those written records can be used as evidence. I am praying they are useful. I wish there was some way to get more people interested in the case again. More brains running the evidence, more people pushing to take action. Thank you for being here. Thank you for holding the space for good.
I'm new here, and a local in the valley, I've been reading through, using google/google earth to gather information and scout around the areas around LA's mines. I am hopeful for the investigation, I wish there were more emphasis on the case all around, it must be incredibly frustrating to wait with no answers. People forget that pain and anguish radiate from the event; Stephanie and her friends and family deserve resolution, and peace. ✌️ I remain hopeful for all of you.

Thank you for giving me direction, Lilibet! I am seeing the Detective today at 3pm and will ask him about the media person with JCOS and will let him know that I am absolutely willing to be interviewed. July 4th will mark the time; 10 long years, that she was taken from us. It is time for the perps to be held accountable - and to be taken to the darkest place in hell or a deep, dark, wretched cell, for what they've done and to get them out of society so they aren't able to harm another soul.

For our meeting, I'm wearing the lovely green velvet jacket Stephie gifted me, and on facebook this morning, a friend put up the Prayer of Saint Francis - which was my Mama's favorite prayer; she said it daily. My mom and Sissy will be with me and I am praying this new Detective is able to bring our girl home. I pray that we will finally be able to give her the memorial service she deserves, that all of us who love her, deserve.

I'm new here, and a local in the valley, I've been reading through, using google/google earth to gather information and scout around the areas around LA's mines. I am hopeful for the investigation, I wish there were more emphasis on the case all around, it must be incredibly frustrating to wait with no answers. People forget that pain and anguish radiate from the event; Stephanie and her friends and family deserve resolution, and peace. ✌️ I remain hopeful for all of you.
Thank you, Red Clover for joining us! I'm hoping to draw more people to this site in the hope we are able to have resolution, closure.

We met with the Detective again today. He is dedicated to finding the TRUTH and will be reviewing all of the WS threads and following up on the information the dedicated WS individuals have provided on this forum. He will be holding a press conference and is going to get media coverage (THANK YOU LILIBET)! He has infused this case with HOPE and I believe he will prevail. Thank God. At last, at last. Please let the people you know who have fallen off this page, or who may only check in occasionally, that there is movement and momentum and new evidence. I will be back Sunday afternoon. Keep safe and thank you for all your support!

We met with the Detective again today. He is dedicated to finding the TRUTH and will be reviewing all of the WS threads and following up on the information the dedicated WS individuals have provided on this forum. He will be holding a press conference and is going to get media coverage (THANK YOU LILIBET)! He has infused this case with HOPE and I believe he will prevail. Thank God. At last, at last. Please let the people you know who have fallen off this page, or who may only check in occasionally, that there is movement and momentum and new evidence. I will be back Sunday afternoon. Keep safe and thank you for all your support!
When is Press Conference?

1676410411599.png
Feb 14 2023
by Jenn Baxter
''Although Lennie had officially been named a person of interest, detectives admitted that they had no solid evidence that Stephanie was a victim of foul play. Detective Henderson noted, “We hold out hope, and the family holds out hope, that she will be found alive. We cannot completely discount the possibility that she is alive.” Even as he said this, the detective knew it was only a remote possibility. “She was making future plans to do things locally. There’s no evidence to suggest she planned to take off.”

1*Y4XGsHaifLDOcYYrfmIvYA.jpeg

Lennie Ames (Photo credit: nbcnews.com)
''Over time, investigators released more information about the case to the media. At the time of her disappearance, Stephanie had an ignition interlock device installed on her car as a result of a previous drunk driving conviction. In order to start the vehicle, a breath sample had to be provided. Each time the car was started, the device logged the time; as a result, detectives learned that Stephanie’s car had been started late on the evening of July 4th and driven for around three hours.

Stephanie’s car had also been driven on the morning of July 5th; when questioned about this, Lennie admitted that he had gotten a ride from his campsite to Stephanie’s house on July 5th; Stephanie had not been home at the time but he had decided to borrow her vehicle anyway. He claimed that he drove to a local market, then returned to Stephanie’s home and got a ride back to his campsite, completely unconcerned about the fact that his girlfriend was apparently missing.''

JCSO recovered skeletal remains somewhere in rural southern Jackson county. They are not disclosing the location.

Thread 'OR - Skeletal remains likely female found in rural southern Jackson county April 14 2023'
OR - OR - Skeletal remains likely female found in rural southern Jackson county April 14 2023
"The suspicious nature of the scene led to JCSO detectives and medical examiners responding to investigate. The rugged terrain and remote area required JCSO Search and Rescue to assist in recovering the body," the release said. "Due to the ongoing investigation, the exact location of the remains will not be released at this time."

JCSO recovered skeletal remains somewhere in rural southern Jackson county. They are not disclosing the location.

Thread 'OR - Skeletal remains likely female found in rural southern Jackson county April 14 2023'
OR - OR - Skeletal remains likely female found in rural southern Jackson county April 14 2023
"The suspicious nature of the scene led to JCSO detectives and medical examiners responding to investigate. The rugged terrain and remote area required JCSO Search and Rescue to assist in recovering the body," the release said. "Due to the ongoing investigation, the exact location of the remains will not be released at this time."

This is good news for all of us following Stephanie’s case! It will possibly mean justice for someone anyway. That SAR had to assist tells me that if it is Stephanie, Ames had help.
JMO

This is good news for all of us following Stephanie’s case! It will possibly mean justice for someone anyway. That SAR had to assist tells me that if it is Stephanie, Ames had help.
JMO
The fact that it was remote Jackson county lines up too. I'm really hopeful. I was just looking on the JCSO missing persons page and Stephanie isn't listed.

The fact that it was remote Jackson county lines up too. I'm really hopeful. I was just looking on the JCSO missing persons page and Stephanie isn't listed.

If we’re looking at the same page, that’s the cold case unit. Stephanie isn’t a cold case as there’s a suspect. At least I think that’s how it works. Here are all the missing in Oregon, including Stephanie. Too many!

For those just tuning in, Stephanie’s boyfriend Lennie (Lonnie) Ames had a number of mining claims throughout Jackson county. He had lived here for years and was very familiar with the area. He would know better than most where to hide a body. However, it’s unlikely that a man in his early 60’s would be capable of carrying her on his own to a remote location. He did have at least one potential able-bodied helper, if not more, however. Ames currently lives in the Houston area AFAIK. JCSO is smart to keep the location secret.

Hoping DNA provides a quick ID. However….

Stephanie’s NAMUS file does not show that DNA has been contributed by the family. Nor are there any dental records mentioned. It’s been awhile, but I was sure NAMUS listed both.

I looked through listings for a few others and it no longer even shows a place to record that DNA and dental information has been collected/recorded. It used to. Maybe I’m blind.

In any case, this is a public service announcement that if you have missing family, make sure NAMUS knows the DNA and dental are available. Why you ask? Because when a body is found, you want it identified as soon as possible. So get your DNA & DENTAL DUCKS LINED UP SO THERE WILL BE NO DELAYS.

Also, check for inaccuracies. I found one. The detective in charge is no longer Eric Henderson. He moved over to the coast in 2018.

With LA being named as a POI, if this is Stephanie maybe it will push the case to an arrest. 10 years...LONG past due.

My top three guesses for a location IF this is Stephanie, only one is actually located in Jackson county, Oregon.

[thank you for coordinates @Lilibet!]
  1. Beaver Creek Road area "RV in woods" associated with LA 42 6' 9.43 N 122 59' 13.59 Overview of Beaver Creek, area of possible LA "RV in woods" [LOCATED IN JACKSON COUNTY] Postcard from Google Earth
    Google Earth
    #googleearth
  2. Carberry Creek Road near Steamboat mines associated with LA 42 4' 53.00 N 123 11' 53.00 W https://thediggings.com/mines/ormc154123 WOLFPACK #1 is a closed mining claim in Josephine, Oregon.
    Ownership and use of this claim is overseen by the Bureau of Land Management's Medford District Office under the serial number ORMC154123. The last action for this claim occurred on November 5, 2001. Information on the claim was last updated on July 19, 2011. https://thediggings.com/mines/ormc163154 BOBCAT is a closed mining claim in Josephine, Oregon.
    Ownership and use of this claim is overseen by the Bureau of Land Management's Medford District Office under the serial number ORMC163154. The last action for this claim occurred on March 18, 2014. Information on the claim was last updated on April 3, 2014. [NOT LOCATED IN JACKSON COUNTY upon further research is located in Josephine county]
  3. Middle fork Applegate near Oregon/California border mines associated with LA 42.0054 N 123.1519 W https://thediggings.com/mines/camc230834 LONE WOLF BUENA VIST is a closed mining claim in Siskiyou, California. [NOT LOCATED IN JACKSON COUNTY upon further research is located in Siskiyou county, California] Ownership and use of this claim is overseen by the Bureau of Land Management's Redding Field Office under the serial number CAMC230834. The last action for this claim occurred on January 13, 1995. Information on the claim was last updated on December 3, 2019.

LA and JF were convicted of living on public land

The evidence was sufficient to convict Ames and Fournier of violating 36 C.F.R. § 261.10(b). The Forest Service determined that Ames' and Fournier's residences were not reasonably incident to a mining operation. Thus, residential use of their claim was not authorized by the mining laws and regulations. See United States v. Nogueira, 403 F.2d 816, 825 (9th Cir. 1968) (explaining that permanent residence not reasonably related to mining is not authorized under the mining statute); United States v. Richardson, 599 F.2d 290, 295(9th Cir. 1979) (providing that the Forest Service may prohibit uses not reasonably necessary to mining). Rather, under these circumstances, their residencies constituted a special use under § 251.50(a), requiring special use authorization, which neither had.

Oregon's federal prosecutors are cracking down on gold miners who reside on government-managed lands without approval.

U.S. Attorney Dwight C. Holton announced today the convictions of five people for unlawful occupancy on property managed by the U.S. Forest Service.

Last edited:
With LA being named as a POI, if this is Stephanie maybe it will push the case to an arrest. 10 years...LONG past due.

Yes, here’s hoping there will be an arrest. I would definitely attend his trial!

Not to nit-pick, but to be absolutely clear, Lennie Ames is not just a POI. He was officially named the only suspect in Stephanie’s disappearance and death in July 2015.

The Jackson County Sheriff's Office released a statement on their Facebook page Wednesday night stating, "the information gathered thus far indicates that Warner is deceased and Lennie Ames was responsible for her death."

A Moultrie man has been named as the prime suspect in the disappearance of an Oregon woman who was last seen two years ago and is presumed dead.
<snip>
Police said that their investigation has turned up physical evidence indicating that Warner is dead, and that they believe Ames knows the location of her remains. He has not disclosed the location of Warner’s remains and is not cooperating with law enforcement at this time.
————————

This story in the Moultrie Observer was particularly gratifying as Ames had gone with his son, DIL and DIL’s mother to Moultrie GA, where DIL and DIL’s mother were from. They had all been living in Stephanie’s house from shortly after her disappearance until Sept 2013. It was nice to see him shamed in print where he was living…not that he is easily (or ever) shamed. JMO

After DIL and his son broke up, LA and JF ended up near Houston, where they’ve been for several years.

As of November 2022, JF was a fugitive on a warrant for theft (this is not his first rodeo). And LA was arrested last summer for giving false/fictitious info (regarding his ID, it seems). I haven’t found any further info, so it’s anybody’s guess as to where they are now. Too close to Mexico!

JLF (initials used as he is not a named POI or suspect)
W/M 12-12-83 5’09”/185 Lbs. Bro/Bro
Warrant #: 1734191, 1729797
THEFT >=2,500 <30,000 x2
Last known location: Houston Texas

FAIL TO ID GIVE FALSE/FICT INFO(B/F) ( Bond: 2000.00 )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back