OR OR - Tiffany Marie Lazon, 37, Albany, 25 Dec 2019

snoflake20

Reaction score
Police search for missing Albany woman

ALBANY, Ore. — Police in Albany are asking for the public’s help as they search for a missing woman who hasn’t been heard from since Christmas.

Officers tried to contact Tiffany Marie Lazon, 37, on Jan. 8 at her Albany home after her family called police. They’ve been unable to find her.

"When they showed up the back door was wide open with all the lights on, and nobody around and I knew then she was gone," said Tiffany's mother, Zoey Sales.

The next day, police contacted Tiffany’s estranged husband, Craig Lazon, but he told investigators that he didn’t know where Tiffany was and said that Tiffany indicated she planned to move to Washington.

Her mother and her daughter don't believe she would leave so suddenly.

"I don't believe it because we already contacted her friend in Washington and she's not there, that's her only friend, I lived in Washington and she has no other friends there," said Tiffany's daughter, Felicity Halberg.

"She would not leave her cat behind. She wouldn't leave her car behind. She didn't even take no clothes," Sales said.

Tiffany is 5-foot-5 and 115 pounds. She has blonde hair, blue eyes and wears glasses.

"She has never vanished before, not at all," said Sales.

Anyone who’s seen Tiffany or knows where she is should call Albany police detectives at 541-917-7680.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-14 at 12.54.30 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-14 at 12.54.30 AM.png
    536.9 KB · Views: 186
Her posts are a little crazy?

I would never judge someone as 'crazy' - rather, I'd say her posts ache of uncertainty and desperation, with a weak social support network, and she does not seem to have the coping skills to deal with her overwhelming stress and emotions. She mentions 'hanging' over and over again in her posts; sadly, I suspect she is no longer with us, and her body will probably be found either in nearby woods or maybe in an abandoned building.

This is my first time starting a new thread, so I don't know if I have done it totally correct. Please let me know if anything needs to be changed.

I think this is maybe a complex case, based on what I'm seeing on Facebook. I want to be sensitive to Tiffany and her family but I did come across this article which may put somethings into context. I do not know if this reporting is accurate. MOO

Fabricated story leads to reduced charges, sentence for Albany man

KOIN 6 News Segment with statements from Tiffany's daughter and mom

Daughter says that Tiffany did not show up at Christmas, and they received a short "Merry Christmas" text from Tiffany's phone, but this did not sound like it was written by Tiffany

Last edited:
Here's a screenshot of Google maps, with Tiffany's address to show distance to the Calapooia River just for reference for those who may be unfamiliar with the area, and since it was reference in previous court proceedings with the couple.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-14 at 6.08.01 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-14 at 6.08.01 PM.png
    456.2 KB · Views: 29
Tiffany Lazon (tiffanylazon) on Pinterest
Recently:. True love
3mos ago: how to get over him
IMO, Had she found someone new?

https://www.facebook.com/tiffany.lazon1 start with most recent (alarming) posts, make sure to read July 4 one (long)

Now that I’ve finally had time, I scrolled thru her FB more. Very up and down, very upset. From what I can tell, she is former military and I wonder if she is on disability? She posts a LOT on FB either extremely positive or extremely negative.

I read the article from 2015, where it seems she falsely accused her ex. There are also many posts where she feels she is being played with by her ex and his new gf. The Pinterest makes me wonder if these people were really messing with her mind— she seems unstable and an “easy target” IMO. Why would she look up get over him stuff then as recently as 1 month ago look up quotes about true love?

She seems tortured in her own mind, so suicide is definitely a possibility (which she threatened many times). The thing is, she has threatened suicide for a couple years now on FB. Did her ex or anyone have anything to gain by her being gone?

Such a strange case. I hope if she is found alive the VA will get her help with her mental state. So sad :(

Now that I’ve finally had time, I scrolled thru her FB more. Very up and down, very upset. From what I can tell, she is former military and I wonder if she is on disability? She posts a LOT on FB either extremely positive or extremely negative.

I read the article from 2015, where it seems she falsely accused her ex. There are also many posts where she feels she is being played with by her ex and his new gf. The Pinterest makes me wonder if these people were really messing with her mind— she seems unstable and an “easy target” IMO. Why would she look up get over him stuff then as recently as 1 month ago look up quotes about true love?

She seems tortured in her own mind, so suicide is definitely a possibility (which she threatened many times). The thing is, she has threatened suicide for a couple years now on FB. Did her ex or anyone have anything to gain by her being gone?

Such a strange case. I hope if she is found alive the VA will get her help with her mental state. So sad :(

Yes, the more I am reading/learning about the domestic issues in this case, I do not feel there will be a positive outcome. Very Sad. I hope she is found safe!

''He's going to kill me': Albany husband accused of kidnap, rape

This article has a quote from a witness who helped Tiffany during the 2015 assault:

"I don't know how she go the energy to make it that far because she collapsed," said Frederick Edwards.

Edwards is the manager of the West Side Villa Apartments in Albany where the woman was assaulted. He's also owns Knight Vision Security and is a licensed armed security guard.

He said he put the woman on the stoop of his apartment, behind one of his cars, so he could make sure Lazon couldn't get to her. He said Lazon appeared to be angry, almost possessed.

"He drives up here and he looks at me with her and I grab my side. I didn't have to pull my weapon out or anything but I held on to my side," said Edwards.

"She told me 'I caught him, I caught him. He was doing meth.' And I was assuming that's why this whole thing started," Edwards said.

Court documents say Lazon had previously been convicted of assaulting his wife, and he has a previous meth conviction. He was currently on probation and had recently completed drug and domestic violence counseling.

Lazon is in the Linn County Jail held on $500,000 bond. He's due in court on March 23rd.

"If I wasn't here... He was too close on her. He would have picked her right back up and continued what he was doing. Just the look in his eyes - he was upset that she got away. I'm not a hero. I'm a security guard. Just so happened to be an armed security guard," Edwards said.

Surprise resolution in Lazon case

In light of the new evidence, the original 11 counts were dismissed, but because Lazon, while in jail and with the help of a fellow inmate, made contact with his wife through a relative, he was facing a felony charge for tampering with a witness, and was looking at 15 to 18 months.

Mrs. Lazon spoke at the hearing as well, asking the judge not to send her husband to prison. Poole and Linn County Prosecutor Jonathon Crow both agreed the sentence should be different, with the defense arguing for only nine months and Crow arguing for more than the presumptive sentence. Judge Thomas McHill remarked about the case that he’d thought he’d seen it all, but that clearly he has not.

“Clearly this is a story of some damaged people,” he said. After sentencing Lazon, he remarked, “It’s a sorry day for everybody.”

Daughter: Missing Albany mom, husband ‘toxic to each other’

ALBANY, Ore. (KOIN) — The last time Felicity Halberg saw her Army veteran mother Tiffany Lazon was on Veteran’s Day.

“I came up here (Albany) and saw her. That’s the last time she spoke to me,” the 19-year-old Eugene resident said. “I’ve been reaching out to her with texts but no replies.”

No one has heard from Tiffany Marie Lazon since December 25, 2019. Felicity and her grandmother, Zoey Sales, have a bad feeling about her disappearance.

“She didn’t come for Christmas. She was supposed to and we were all kind of worried. We tried reaching out to her. Calls went straight to voicemail,” Felicity said.

She called Albany police on January 8 to do a welfare check at her home in the 2600 block of SE 16th in Albany.

“They went there and the back door was wide open and all the lights were on,” she said. “Something just didn’t feel right.”

Tiffany-Marie-Lazon-Craig-Lazon-01142020.jpg

An undated photo of Tiffany Marie Lazon with her estranged husband, Craig Lazon. (Courtesy of Felicity Halberg)

BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back