OR OR - Tillamook, WhtMale 25-35, UP17634, mutton-chop sideburns, 6'5", Sz 12 Skor sneakers, Aug'91

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Namus UP 17634

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/17634

Unidentified Body/Remains (White male)

Found August 8, 1991 in Tillamook County, OR
Body Condition: Recognizable face
Probable year of death: 1991 to 1991
Estimated postmortem interval: 12 hours

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 25-35

Approximate Height: 77 estimate
Approximate Weight: 230 estimate
Hair Color: Red auburn

Eye Color: Hazel
Scars and marks:
Facial hair red; one day's beard growth. Mutton-chop style sideburns on cheeks; 3-inch scar on lower abdomen, probably from herniorrhaphy

Clothing & Accessories

Clothing: Two wool sweaters (gray and black); U.S. surplus wool scarf; two pairs of wool socks (green and dark blue); navy blue "KING SIZE" brand windbreaker, size 38; navy blue "JOCKEY" brand underwear, size 38; olive green gloves; "LEVI" brand jeans, size 40; brown knit/web belt, size 40; long sleeved navy blue "KING SIZE" brand shirt
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: "SKOR" brand sneakers, medium blue with white trim, size 12
Accessories: Nothing

Identifiers

Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is available elsewhere
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered
DNA: Sample in not available

Case History:
The body of a VERY tall (6'5"), red-haired male was discovered washed on the shore of Cape Lookout State Park on the evening of August 8, 1991. This individual had distinctive "mutton-chop" sideburns. Please see clothing descriptions for further details.

Sounds like he may have fallen off of a fishing vessel & I wonder if it were from another country.
Interesting, there's no composite or photo of him, though he had a recognizable face. Doesn't appear to be a DNA sample, either.

Sounds like he may have fallen off of a fishing vessel & I wonder if it were from another country.
Interesting, there's no composite or photo of him, though he had a recognizable face. Doesn't appear to be a DNA sample, either.

There really doesn’t. I also feel that Washington and Oregon have always been an attraction for people wanting to escape. As a teenager Eugene was the place to be and I knew that and lived in Alabama. That’s why I’m adding some people with no circumstances and from far away. Please let me know if you think some can absolutely be ruled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Gordie Page? Missing earlier that year, pelvic (ie lower abdominal) scar from surgery, age fits, hair color fits, height is close. Weight is off but the pictures make it look like weight may have fluctuated. Eyes listed as blue but if he had gold near his pupils or green at the edges that might be classified as hazel by some. (And autism, which is often associated with accidental drowning).

http://charleyproject.org/case/gordon-thomas-page-jr

Maybe Gordie Page? Missing earlier that year, pelvic (ie lower abdominal) scar from surgery, age fits, hair color fits, height is close. Weight is off but the pictures make it look like weight may have fluctuated. Eyes listed as blue but if he had gold near his pupils or green at the edges that might be classified as hazel by some. (And autism, which is often associated with accidental drowning).

http://charleyproject.org/case/gordon-thomas-page-jr

Good possible. I have met a lot of men with brown hair and red beards too. Not sure why that occurs but I have seen it and it’s not uncommon. Was the actual hair color specified? I didn’t note it.

Never mind I see the end paragraph said red head.

I just read Gordie's CP profile and it broke my heart. It appeared he wanted to go home with his father the last time he visited, possibly leaving the group home to follow. I would definitely send this in to NamUs, there should be pictures of the remains on file. If there is a resemblance, it may be enough to warrant further comparison, especially since the case reads there were sightings of him throughout the US and Canada. He could have ended up on the west coast.

If anyone is willing to submit for me I would really appreciate it! I am mobile for the weekend and it is difficult to navigate NamUs and email on my phone.

If anyone is willing to submit for me I would really appreciate it! I am mobile for the weekend and it is difficult to navigate NamUs and email on my phone.

I think Gordon is a good possibility, both UP and MP have abdominal scarring listed.
I will submit this sometime today and let you know when it's done.
Just to give you a heads up, I've only been getting canned responses from NamUs reps lately, not the usual personal reply, so chances are, we won't get real feedback due to confidentiality. They used to tell me if it's already been ruled out, etc, but apparently, not anymore.

I think Gordon is a good possibility, both UP and MP have abdominal scarring listed.
I will submit this sometime today and let you know when it's done.
Just to give you a heads up, I've only been getting canned responses from NamUs reps lately, not the usual personal reply, so chances are, we won't get real feedback due to confidentiality. They used to tell me if it's already been ruled out, etc, but apparently, not anymore.

no problem! I am more concerned about a family potentially having peace than I am about having first hand confirmation. In the meantime, we just keep doing what we can to help.

I emailed Lori Bruski with the potential match.

There are a whole bunch of missing tall men with red or red-brown hair listed in the forum for Sand Canyon John Doe, who was found in https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?585-Sand-Canyon-John-Doe

I wonder how red this decedent's "red auburn" hair was.
Me, too. I wish there was a picture or composite. NamUs states he had a recognizable face, so I if there are pictures of him somewhere.
Wish CarlK could get a hold of them if they exist and make one of his creations.

Received a canned response from NamUs, acknowledging the submission.
Hello,
Thank you for your submission, we appreciate your time and support.

NamUs staff will review the submitted information. Additionally, we will notify the investigating agencies for their consideration if the agencies have not been previously notified.

Please note, identification and exclusions are only made and/or confirmed by investigating agencies. The results of comparisons may or may not be made available to the public for investigatory reasons.

NamUs now lists Gordie as a rule-out (editing to add that I wish we knew what the cause for rule-out was - it looks like they've also added a scar on the chin to NamUs, which is another match against Gordie's profie...).

They've added a sketch:

cache.php

NamUs now lists Gordie as a rule-out (editing to add that I wish we knew what the cause for rule-out was - it looks like they've also added a scar on the chin to NamUs, which is another match against Gordie's profie...).

They've added a sketch:

cache.php

Thanks for the update, that was quick!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members