OR - Travis (died) & Jamilyn Juetten, knife attack at home by masked intruder, Silverton, Aug 2021

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by realanastasia, Aug 30, 2021.

1. realanastasia

realanastasia Well-Known Member

Oregon cops hunt home invader who stabbed woman 19 times and killed her her husband
    • Travis Juetten of 26-year-old man of Silverton was killed by a home intruder on August 13, police said, and his wife Jamilyn is recovering from 19 stab wounds
    • Travis died protecting his wife in the 3am attack, said friends of the couple, and a third individual at their home scared off the intruder and called police
    • The pair were scheduled to go on to Hawaii, their first vacation together since they married in 2018, the next day
    • In addition to her stab wounds, Jamilyn suffered two fractured vertebrae, a fractured skull, a fractured shoulder blade and significant nerve damage
    • One of the muscles on her hand was severed in the attack, friend [AL] said to news outlets, jeopardizing her passion for pottery
    • 'Travis and Jamilyn found each other, and it’s really sad that story had to end,' [AL] said
    Oregon wife stabbed 19 times by intruder who killed her husband | Daily Mail Online

Reward offered in attack that left man dead, wife injured east of Salem

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2021

2. ElementalLaura

ElementalLaura Well-Known Member

What a horrible crime. With a vicious knife attack like this, I would hope that the killer left DNA evidence.

From the Daily Mail article:
    Interesting about the third person.

More details in KOIN 6 News article:
    ‘He saved her life’: Husband killed confronting intruder

The intruder was masked. S/he was up for entering their room while they were sleeping and attacking them, but a third person scared them away?

Did the suspect say something or otherwise wake Travis and Jamelyn? The Daily Mail article says they were attacked while sleeping, but other articles emphasize that Travis “went to defend” Jamilyn, which would seem to indicate he was able to get out of bed despite the attack. So sad.

Doesn’t it sound like premeditated murder(s) vs something like a robbery gone wrong?

Social Media

FB
    Jamilyn:
    Travis:

Etsy
    Jamilyn:
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/jjclaycreation/

Instagram
    Jamilyn: Login • Instagram

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  3. NervousNellie

NervousNellie Well-Known Member

The local Sheriff's FB post, which doesn't mention the third person in the home:

There are a lot of comments. This couple is loved by many.

4. NervousNellie

This case is the one haunting me these days.

Marg from Oz likes this.
  5. annpats

annpats Well-Known Member

Yes, the article states they were due to leave for vacation in Hawaii the next day and the 3rd person was at their home and staying ready to pet sit their animals while they were away.

Marg from Oz, KALI and realanastasia like this.
  6. moonriverfarm

moonriverfarm Well-Known Member

I suppose they are thoroughly investigating this third person....

Marg from Oz and modesty blaise like this.
  7. siliconrod

siliconrod Well-Known Member

I have not seen any updates in MSM. I hope there is more going on behind the scene. This was a very violent, personal and hateful crime not some randon attack IMO.

8. evilwise

evilwise Unknown Member

I agree this combination of events would be pretty unlikely to happen randomly. Perhaps the killer knew they were about to leave on vacation and thought that if he killed them and left the scene in their car, the murders would go undiscovered for some time. Realizing there was a witness could have forced him to abandon that plan.

9. siliconrod

I was hoping by now that there would be an arrest or a suspect named in the murder of TJ and JJ.
    Maybe the killer isn't local and this is making it more difficult for LE to narrow down its search for the killer as compared to someone local.

10. siliconrod

Nothing new to report. I wish this case woud get more media attenion. Usually after a murder LE will make a comment that there is no threat to community if the victim was targeted by someone they knew but not in this case however they are not saying for people to lock their doors and to be vigilant.

11. NervousNellie

The local Sheriff's post (link in quoted post no longer works) has an interesting comment by family. Interesting in what is missing from their statement.

annemc2 likes this.